Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Random Rants

BMW X5 drivers think rules of the road don't apply to them. They never use blinkers, they cut people off, and they drive WAY over the speed limit on the highway.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    BMW X5 drivers think rules of the road don't apply to them. They never use blinkers, they cut people off, and they drive WAY over the speed limit on the highway.
    Forgot about those d' bags too!

BTW: Might as well add in tarted up Toyota....errrr......I mean Lexus drivers!
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Hey Joe you need to do what I did just get a 54K ton vehicle then you only have to worry about TT and most of them are cool.
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

My rant.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdogjim View Post
    Hey Joe you need to do what I did just get a 54K ton vehicle then you only have to worry about TT and most of them are cool.
    Yeah I forgot to note those crazy bus drivers that think they are on the final lap of the Indy 500.

Dom have you tried lemon water

The NFL wanted to show that the Patriots can win with a hard ball cuz it would have looked too bad if they lost and that would have been too bad for the NFL
    03 300a. black #1695 of 7839 born 6/20/02.
    Adopted 3/31/11. Sold

03 300a black #1199
    TERMINATOR SWAP
    430rwhp. Done by mo's

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    OK....been a lonnnnng time since I've needed to rant.

So here goes!

After years of study and careful observation;

I have come to the conclusion that the vast majority of Toyota and Honda owners (notice that I did NOT call them drivers...that would be far too optimistic!)

are friggin' MORONS!!!......

I have the unenviable task of driving the Baltimore and DC Beltways on a daily basis.
    During these exercises in frustration, with skyrocketing blood pressure, and a road rage induced, spittle coated dashboard/inside windshield, I have come to classify the following vehicles as being driven be the biggest idiots:

Rankings are from worst to....well.....worse.

#1 Toyota Prius

#2 Toyota Camry especially the Camry 'S' models....whoooooo....they have plastic skirts and 'S' badges....
    (seems that the Corolla is no longer popular amongst the brain dead lemmings)

#3 Honda CRV

#4 is a 4 way tie between:
    Honda Accord
    Toyota Sienna Minivan
    Honda Odyssey Minivan
    Honda Excrement
    .....errrrr.....I mean Element

The absolutely insane, stupid, ridiculous, dangerous, dumb maneuvers that the occupants (again...I didn't say drivers as that would imply that you had some control of your vehicle!)
    in the above listed road going appliances commit, never ceases to amaze...and...infuriate me!

THERE!....I'm all done......and I do feel better now.
    Bruce Jenner was involved in car crash resulting in a fatality yesterday.
    I don't wan't to get into any Bruce Jenner stuff...but the cause of the multi-car accident was a.....
    you guessed it!

Toyota Prius.

that slowed down and stopped on Pacific Coast Hwy for no apparent reason.......
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)

Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge

I don't wan't to get into any Bruce Jenner stuff...but the cause of the multi-car accident was a.....
    you guessed it!

Toyota Prius.

DEAD battery and out of GAS!!
    No Marauder

My FORD RANT OF THE DAY!:

Can we simply ban the "Go Further" campaign?

Was this campaign designed by a Euro Peon? (this is a spell check issue)

No one can go "further" in a car; it is impossible. Furthermore the idea that the English language can be dumbed down to the point that the fake word "irregardless" that was originally penned as a JOKE in a play, makes it into the dictionary and people use it...was bad, but NOW A MAJOR CAR COMPANY is conflating two different words and meanings: FARTHER and FURTHER in an international auto ad?

YOU DRIVE FARTHER in a car-- a unit or measure of distance.

Go FARTHER--I.e. Go the Distance... Go for it..... I can run FARTHER than you!

Every single time I see the "Go Further" advertisement it pains me that we allow ourselves--and the companies we LIKE to propagate ignorance.

The unmitigated audacity of FORD to interchange these two (yes--just last year Webster started to allow these two to be interchanged as evidently knowing that these are two different words somehow endangered the illiterate) on purpose really makes me sick.

I grew up poor, and went to a low rate public school, and it took me years to learn (I still have trouble spelling) as I am partially dyslexic--but the meaning of the words--the most important part-- should not be fecklessly diminished.

Linguistic Relativity and the idea that the words we know (our language and vocabulary) actually SHAPE our ability to think, vs our ability to think shaping our language and vocabulary was first recognized with the HOPI Indians and the Whorf-Sapir Hypothesis.

We can all recall the highschool example that Eskimos have twenty+ words to discribe SNOW --thus thier understanding of snow is greatly enhanced--it can be argued that even stoner ski bums can better understand and relate different kinds of snow with thier Corn Snow, Righteous Freshies, pebbles, cat track, crusties, Califonia Corn, Large Flake... dude... etc... thus thier words expand thier thinking, and meaning.

But really... GO FURTHER?

What is next? I sea with my I's? Two many of they're words are too hard too understand?

No means NO. Farther is a measure of distance. You can NOT go FURTHER... it is impossible.

Can we simply just try to be more than ignorant? Can we agree to aim one notch higher than stupid?

Sorry- I just saw the advertisement three times in five minutes-- and some of the smartest stuff I've read in a while came from Lifespeed, and zack and Jerry and you guys takling about the heat buildup/dispersion in the sweep area of a brake pad... and heck--I dont know, I just thought I'd share!

NOW THAT IS A RANT!
    Last edited by 1Marauder; 02-11-2015 at 08:22 AM.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    My FORD RANT OF THE DAY!:

Can we simply ban the "Go Further" campaign?

Was this campaign designed by a Euro Peon? (this is a spell check issue)

No one can go "further" in a car; it is impossible. Furthermore the idea that the English language can be dumbed down to the point that the fake word "irregardless" that was originally penned as a JOKE in a play, makes it into the dictionary and people use it...was bad, but NOW A MAJOR CAR COMPANY is conflating two different words and meanings: FARTHER and FURTHER in an international auto ad?

YOU DRIVE FARTHER in a car-- a unit or measure of distance.

Go FARTER--I.e. Go the Distance... Go for it..... I can run FARTHER than you!

Every single time I see the "Go Further" advertisement it pains me that we allow ourselves--and the companies we LIKE to propagate ignorance.

The unmitigated audacity of FORD to interchange these two (yes--just last year Webster started to allow these two to be interchanged as evidently knowing that these are two different words somehow endangered the illiterate) on purpose really makes me sick.

I grew up poor, and went to a low rate public school, and it took me years to learn (I still have trouble spelling) as I am partially dyslexic--but the meaning of the words--the most important part-- should not be fecklessly diminished.

Linguistic Relativity and the idea that the words we know (our language and vocabulary) actually SHAPE our ability to think, vs our ability to think shaping our language and vocabulary was first recognized with the HOPI Indians and the Whorf-Sapir Hypothesis.

We can all recall the highschool example that Eskimos have twenty+ words to discribe SNOW --thus thier understanding of snow is greatly enhanced--it can be argued that even stoner ski bums can better understand and relate different kinds of snow with thier Corn Snow, Righteous Freshies, pebbles, cat track, crusties, Califonia Corn, Large Flake... dude... etc... thus thier words expand thier thinking, and meaning.

But really... GO FURTHER?

What is next? I sea with my I's? Two many of they're words are too hard too understand?

No means NO. Farther is a measure of distance. You can NOT go FURTHER... it is impossible.

Can we simply just try to be more than ignorant? Can we agree to aim one notch higher than stupid?

Sorry- I just saw the advertisement three times in five minutes-- and some of the smartest stuff I've read in a while came from Lifespeed, and zack and Jerry and you guys takling about the heat buildup/dispersion in the sweep area of a brake pad... and heck--I dont know, I just thought I'd share!

NOW THAT IS A RANT!
    Whenever I do that my wife gets angry with me!

HA! See "Go FARTER!" would be a MUCH BETTER Ford Ad...

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

you guessed it!

Toyota Prius.

The reason for the accident..... Bruce was putting on eyeliner and lipstick!
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    The reason for the accident..... Bruce was putting on eyeliner and lipstick!
    LOL....a local DJ on a Baltimore radio station said:

Bruce was just practicing to be a woman by driving while applying make-up and texting...and then getting into an accident.

Being retired, old, and living in the Northeast, there's not a lot of things to do in the winter except.....read a book or watch TV. (Almost done with Killing Patton. Very interesting read.)

So, my rant, why do so many TV shows now start/end at odd times, like 9:01 to 10:02 PM, and sometimes start and end later?

But we all know the answer to that.

It's designed to screw up those of us who use a DVR.

LOL....a local DJ on a Baltimore radio station said:

Bruce was just practicing to be a woman by driving while applying make-up and texting...and then getting into an accident.
    HUM -Trying to be the Man his Mother was ?
    Roger that

Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information