Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abs module

Thank you so much emas! That helps out tremendously! Now those cv and GM that had no traction control did they have posi (Trac lock) rear ends?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Only CVPI had the option for trac lok and option for traction control. Trac Lok never available for regular production CV, Sport, GM
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Only CVPI had the option for trac lok and option for traction control. Trac Lok never available for regular production CV, Sport, GM
    LOL wrong. HPP package civilian vics and GMQ's got 3.27 limited slip's throughout the years.
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

I am also very curious about this.

While a ABS functions will not be noticeably changed, one axle will activate premature and the other late, with severity increasing with inaccuracy of the sizes, serious issue no, but if your looking for the best performance of your ABS then you'll want it to be accurate. Lock up can be dangerous.

Traction control is the more noticeable issue. If the ratio of the rear tire diameter to front tire diameter is increased, ie your making the rear tires larger than you may only notice reduced effectiveness of traction control functions as it will only activate later, which for your non-staggered sizing going to larger rear tires will work pretty well. More problematic is when the Marauder staggered sizes is changed to smaller rear tires, or non-staggered sizes, traction control will activate prematurely, at less than 2.5% difference to non staggered it will activate when accelerating during a corner which is rather noticeable and can activate during heavier accelerations from a stop.

I'm considering switching to non-staggered wheels on my TC equipped 03 300B Marauder. Based on the description of operation and wiring diagrams I cannot confirm, but my suspicion is that all ABS and TC wheel size information is stored in the ABS module. Assuming the 03 vic and 03 Marauder share ABS part numbers then it would be all in programming. I will check Ford part numbers on Friday and have a better idea then. If that's the case I could use the VIN of a vic equipped with TC to program the ABS module and the car should be none the wiser for non-staggered tires, in theory. All ABS sensors are direct inputs to the ABS module, but the ABS does communicate though a CAN bus to the PCM for two reasons, for the PCM to signal that the acceleration is being pressed (for TC operation) and for the ABS to signal to the PCM to cut engine power. It is possible that I am wrong and that tire size information is stored in the PCM and info is sent across the CAN bus network to the ABS module.
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Logizyme View Post
    LOL wrong. HPP package civilian vics and GMQ's got 3.27 limited slip's throughout the years.
    wrong again,,they got open diffs in 3.27..no trak loc.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

^^^This^^^ is correct,

Quote Originally Posted by Logizyme View Post
    ^^^very inaccurate^^^

wrong again,,they got open diffs in 3.27..no trak loc.
    ^^^Yep, I have owned 3 HPP's, 1 sport, numerous GM's, a bunch of civilian vics as well as police vics, The only ones with trac loc were the police cars, with the exception of the ones that I added it to, had a Marauder or 2 as well.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information