Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Procharger S/C Kit #1 Review

Procharger S/C Kit #1 Review

As of today the Procharger S/C kit #1 has been fully installed by Carfixer, AKA Claude.

After some final tinkering around with the kit, Claude and myself took the car out to do numerous runs on it and take temperature readings with a pyrometer.

After a 1.5 hour drive over to Claude's house, we immediately took the car out and did 6 passes up to 80 MPH at WOT, 4 passes to 100 MPH at WOT, and 2 passes to 115 MPH.

The result, I could not get the car HOT! Everything is in perfect working order.

Outside ambient temp 78 degrees on the pyrometer (in the sun), 75 degrees on the car dash.

After all the passes I could put my hands on the tubing no problem.

The 2 Core intercooler works as promised and significantly reduced the AIT.

The Kit is shipped from Procharger via 2 day air Fedex for $120.00. to Florida, if your closer it costs much less.

The kit takes approx. 5-6 hours to install at $500.00. The install is completely bolt on, non-intrusive. Comes off just as easy.

The kit comes in a 6 foot professionally packaged box from Procharger with a specially designed padded box for the Blower which can be saved and re-used if you need to send the unit back for an upgrade or warranty work.

Procharger will let you upgrade to a larger blower for $800.00 if you want to build a built motor with more boost later on.

The blower can be ordered polished, as is mine.

The kit costs $4,950.00.

I am using a 370 pulley which tops out at a little over 8 PSI on my boost gauge.

At 8 PSI the car made 436 RWHP and 425 RWTQ on SCT Orlando's Dyno. This car was tuned at SCT Orlando FL by the company itself. Maraudernkc has a file to send with the kit although you will want to go to your SCT dealer of choice and dial it in or arrange shift points to your preference.

The fit and finish of the kit is EXCELLENT. I would estimate 95% of the kit is manufactured at Procharger with Maraudernkc throwing a 90 mm MAF, 42 pound injectors, and a couple odds and ends inside the box. Came complete with everything you need including the plugs.

An all alluminum air box is currently being fabricated to cover the K&N filter and will be sent with future kits (I'm waiting for mine).

Driveability of my car has not changed at all. When your not into boost the car operates between 10-20 degrees of vacuum and you cannot even tell a S/Cer is on the car. After the needle on the boost gauge gets into boost, forget-about-it! The car hauls ass!

The car will burn up the tires at a standstill with hardly any boost. I was in a toll booth on I-75 today. After I paid the fare I punched it a little to hear my mufflers inside the enclosure and the rear tires just burned off (much to my surprise and everyone elses).

Punch the accellerator at a 25 mph roll and the car will go sideways.

Blink your eyes and your at 80 MPH.

Punch it at 80 MPH and the car digs in, climbs to 120 MPH or beyond in an instant until you say UNCLE!

I had a new Mustange GT pull up beside me at 85 MPH on I-75 with a performance exhaust, it sounded great. He surged a couple of times beside me so I accomodated him. I punched it, the car took off so fast and went to 120 MPH I left him in the dust. For the first time my car scared me. I let it slow down and thought for the first time "This thing can kill me!". The GT, it took him a while to catch up.

I am not going to get into the technical aspects of this kit. That is for Maraudernkc to do. If you have any specific questions, call, pm or email him.

Carfixer installed the kit and has driven my car several times himself. If you desire his opinion about install or driveability do the same with him.

I will not compare this kit to any of the other kits available. This is a Procharger interpretation only.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/18352.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by tmac1337; 03-07-2005 at 09:22 AM.

hdwrench Guest
    sounds impressive... just another thing i'd like to save up for if i ever learn the concept of "saving"

the front air dam in the pic kinda sticks out... maybe if it was black it'd be more "stealth"

i think id rip that air dam off pulling into the driveway though

Quote Originally Posted by hdwrench
    i think id rip that air dam off pulling into the driveway though
    It is not as low as it seems, gets a little distorted in photos. Several members saw it last night at Towershops, if they care to post if they thought it low or not thats up to them.

It can be mounted behind the grill. The kit makes so much HP and TQ it does not matter if you loose a little by it's placement there.

I just remember to back in at parking spaces with blocks. I have had no other problems with inclines, gullies, or anything else otherwise. Since the kit was the first one and needed some final adjustments, I have 1K miles on it with no problem so far.

Congratulations, it's nice when a plan comes together....
    Big Joe P

RIP Kenny Brown's MARAUDER-S #15

wow, 5 - 6 hour install - thats incredible, sounds like a great kit, congrats and enjoy
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

The air dam is not that low, you have at least 6+ inches there, maybe more. Put it this way, if your in the habit of hitting the parking headstones today with the air dam, you'll hit this as well. If your cautious like most people and dont pull in until the tires hit, you'll be fine.

Tmac is right, the pictures are deceiving. And the fit and finish is excellent. I suspect if you were worried about quick removal/warranty/etc, this kit would be it, looks very simple, straightforward, and makes serious power.

That aside, sounds like a real ass-phalt shredder

TMAC, I know exactly what you mean about your Marauder scaring you for the first time, and about you thinking "This car can kill me" (LOL) because that's exactly the way I felt during the first day of my driving experience after I installed the Trilogy S/Cer kit too.

Can I ask you who it was that burned your chip, or sold you the SCT tuner with the required engine tune? I'm asking you this, because I was told that this kit doesn't come with a chip, so please correct me if I've been misinformed about that. if not, then who was it that you went to for that after the installation was complete? And what about the S/Cer whining noise? Does it make more or less whine than any others do? Some people LUV that noise, while others don't. Just curious.
    Last edited by BillyGman; 03-05-2005 at 10:36 PM.

hdwrench Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shakes_26
    The air dam is not that low
    \

good to know i guess...

i scrape my exhaust tips if i dont pull out of the driveway at an angle

they are extended a bit over stock though

SWEET S/C Installation!!!

I LOVE that 'chin' spoiler/intercooler!
    Can you post a few pictures of the car from a side view?....I'd like to see how that intercooler looks from up close and from a distance
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Tim,

I'm glad to hear you're happy with the kit. Greg blazed the trail with this and you are the first one to travel down it. You'll always have have the distinction of sporting the #1 production Procharger Marauder kit.

Greg and I have talked at length about the kit and I've wtnessed its performance first hand. To say its impressive is an understatement. Greg willed this kit into existance because he's a Marauder enthusiast and his business skills now allow us to also enjoy the results.

Congratulations on your kick-a$$ Marauder and for you stepping up.

- JD

MARAUDER S/C #5 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tmac1337
    As of today the Procharger S/C kit #1 has been fully installed by Carfixer, AKA Claude.

After some final tinkering around with the kit, Claude and myself took the car out to do numerous runs on it and take temperature readings with a pyrometer.

After a 1.5 hour drive over to Claude's house, we immediately took the car out and did 6 passes up to 80 MPH at WOT, 4 passes to 100 MPH at WOT, and 2 passes to 115 MPH.

The result, I could not get the car HOT! Everything is in perfect working order.

Outside ambient temp 78 degrees on the pyrometer (in the sun), 75 degrees on the car dash.

After all the passes I could put my hands on the tubing no problem.

The 2 Core intercooler works as promised and significantly reduced the AIT.

The Kit is shipped from Procharger via 2 day air Fedex for $120.00. to Florida, if your closer it costs much less.

The kit takes approx. 5-6 hours to install at $500.00. The install is completely bolt on, non-intrusive. Comes off just as easy.

The kit comes in a 6 foot professionally packaged box from Procharger with a specially designed padded box for the Blower which can be saved and re-used if you need to send the unit back for an upgrade or warranty work.

Procharger will let you upgrade to a larger blower for $800.00 if you want to build a built motor with more boost later on.

The blower can be ordered polished, as is mine.

The kit costs $4,950.00.

I am using a 370 pulley which tops out at a little over 8 PSI on my boost gauge.

At 8 PSI the car made 436 RWHP and 425 RWTQ on SCT Orlando's Dyno. This car was tuned at SCT Orlando FL by the company itself. Maraudernkc has a file to send with the kit although you will want to go to your SCT dealer of choice and dial it in or arrange shift points to your preference.

The fit and finish of the kit is EXCELLENT. I would estimate 95% of the kit is manufactured at Procharger with Maraudernkc throwing a 90 mm MAF, 42 pound injectors, and a couple odds and ends inside the box. Came complete with everything you need including the plugs.

An all alluminum air box is currently being fabricated to cover the K&N filter and will be sent with future kits (I'm waiting for mine).

Driveability of my car has not changed at all. When your not into boost the car operates between 10-20 degrees of vacuum and you cannot even tell a S/Cer is on the car. After the needle on the boost gauge gets into boost, forget-about-it! The car hauls ass!

The car will burn up the tires at a standstill with hardly any boost. I was in a toll booth on I-75 today. After I paid the fare I punched it a little to hear my mufflers inside the enclosure and the rear tires just burned off (much to my surprise and everyone elses).

Punch the accellerator at a 25 mph roll and the car will go sideways.

Blink your eyes and your at 80 MPH.

Punch it at 80 MPH and the car digs in, climbs to 120 MPH or beyond in an instant until you say UNCLE!

I had a new Mustange GT pull up beside me at 85 MPH on I-75 with a performance exhaust, it sounded great. He surged a couple of times beside me so I accomodated him. I punched it, the car took off so fast and went to 120 MPH I left him in the dust. For the first time my car scared me. I let it slow down and thought for the first time "This thing can kill me!". The GT, it took him a while to catch up.

I am not going to get into the technical aspects of this kit. That is for Maraudernkc to do. If you have any specific questions, call, pm or email him.

Carfixer installed the kit and has driven my car several times himself. If you desire his opinion about install or driveability do the same with him.

I will not compare this kit to any of the other kits available. This is a Procharger interpretation only.
    Sounds good, nice job!

That's my problem, too. I had some saved, and then spent it last week on a full set of Marauder tires and rims off e-bay. I'm impressed by them, and now I have them if I ever need them, but it was a 1,400 dollar punch in the wallet that could have went towards a blower, S/C, or Pro-charger. Let the saving begin again I guess, because you guys and gals that have done these conversions are having waaaaay to much fun, I gotta see what it's all about!
    Quote Originally Posted by hdwrench
    sounds impressive... just another thing i'd like to save up for if i ever learn the concept of "saving"

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shakes_26
    The air dam is not that low, you have at least 6+ inches there, maybe more. Put it this way, if your in the habit of hitting the parking headstones today with the air dam, you'll hit this as well. If your cautious like most people and dont pull in until the tires hit, you'll be fine.

Tmac is right, the pictures are deceiving. And the fit and finish is excellent. I suspect if you were worried about quick removal/warranty/etc, this kit would be it, looks very simple, straightforward, and makes serious power.

That aside, sounds like a real ass-phalt shredder
    What Shakes26 said above is correct. I was their At The Tower Shops on Friday and saw the kit installed for the first time. It's a nice kit. The scoop on the bottom give's it a nice look, & it doesn't look as low as posted in the picture's . I'm not going to compare one kit against another ,they are all different in one way or another ,what really count's is that what ever kit you do buy one day the thing that matters most is that you are happy with the one you purchased.

Good job and congratulations, it never ceases to amaze
    me how much RHP these cars make with a super charger
    and a mild tune. 436 at the rear wheels is like 500+ at
    the flywheel. Not many 500 HP monsters running around at
    any thing near what a S/C Marauder will set you back.
    A wise choice and in the scheme of things, a bargain.

Ex Marauder owner,
    May 5th, 2003, March Bought new
    February 2007, Installed Trilogy,
    March 30th, 2011, sold to a great home.

Great car, great people, great times, wonderful memories.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    Can I ask you who it was that burned your chip, or sold you the SCT tuner with the required engine tune? I'm asking you this, because I was told that this kit doesn't come with a chip, so please correct me if I've been misinformed about that. if not, then who was it that you went to for that after the installation was complete? And what about the S/Cer whining noise? Does it make more or less whine than any others do? Some people LUV that noise, while others don't. Just curious.
    BillyG, the car was tuned at SCT itself, not one of their dealers. As far as I know, Lidio is the only competent tuner available to get a great tune on our Marauders. Let's face it, there is not that many MM's around and the dealers have no experience on them.

Maraudernkc has a base file now from SCT that is just fine.

PM Maraudernkc about the tuning, that is his business as the vendor of this kit.

Most of us have a chip or a handheld tuner already, so a new file is needed. SCT dealers can fine tune the file to each person's preference.

For a centrifical blower, this kit is a perfect match up between power and simplicity. And yes, for those of you who prefer the roots type.....Trilogy is the only way to go!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information