Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: liquid CO2 (carbon dioxide)

liquid CO2 (carbon dioxide)

Just came across this and would like your ,Thanks
    http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...1+2004/c-10114
    Scott

If the Duke were alive he would drive a Marauder.

as good? costs a bit les than NOS.

Yeah!,

Inquiring minds want to know!
    Is this more readily available? does it cost less to re- fill?any advantage to either one?Anybody using this ?
    Thanks LimoMerc!
    Bradley G
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

This is what I am going to spray my intercooler with. You can fill these bottles at any welding supply or place that refill cartriges for paint guns.

Home of the FIT/Procharger Racing Team
    There Ain't no Kool Aid or Stooges here!

Quote Originally Posted by maraudernkc
    This is what I am going to spray my intercooler with. You can fill these bottles at any welding supply or place that refill cartriges for paint guns.
    BEWARE!!! Make sure there is no way for the expended CO2 to get drawn into your air filter/intake....

If you are spraying your intercooler, which is down in front of the car and CO2 gets up into your intake it will screw-up your A/F ratio* or possibly make the engine stall,
    as CO2 does not combust.

*The computer assumes that all the 'air' being metered is 20% oxygen but in reality some of it is now CO2.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

I had this on my Turbo'd Impala. I didn't know anything about Cry02 systems, so when I called the place up to order it, I asked if it came with everything to install it and make it work with my intake. They said, yes.

So I get the system hook everything up and I have it spraying into my intake, since I had used all the parts up. I figured, well, this must be where it goes. So I'm WOT, and I press the switch and it sprays C02 into the intake and the engine stalls. LOL

At this point I didn't put two and two together, so I went home a thought about it. What is in your engine, essentially? FIRE. What's in a fire extngiusher? C02. C02 + FIRE = NO FIRE. *sigh*

So I call the company back up and ask 'em how this thing is suppose to work. They failed to tell me that you need to buy an intercooler sprayer bar, OR the intake bulb, whic 'hovers' in your intake and radiates cold air as the C02 decompresses and passes through the bulb.

Needless to say I never got the know the full effects of C02 on my engine, side from it stalling it LOL
    Ignorance is Bliss. I hope you're enjoying it.

TRILOGY № 86 - 13.5PSI
    "Lidio-Tuned" : 386.5RWHP 426.9RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by LimoMerc
    Just came across this and would like your ,Thanks
    http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...1+2004/c-10114
    CO2 is the stuff in fire extinguishers they use to put out fires; needless to say, it will also put out the fire (combustion) inside your motor also. IMHO, using the stuff to enhance performance makes no sense whatsoever. That's my

We use a draw thru design in our supercharger kit for the Marauder. The air enters thru the K&N intake then goes thru the supercharger where the air is then compressed and heats up. The air than passes thru the Intercooler and is cooled and enters into the intake of the motor. We use a Lighting MAF which is right by our air filter than we have our EIAS ( external air intake sensor) at the intake of the motor. When I spray my Intercooler with CO2 the air will be cooled even further and the EIAS will measure the tempature at the intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh
    BEWARE!!! Make sure there is no way for the expended CO2 to get drawn into your air filter/intake....

If you are spraying your intercooler, which is down in front of the car and CO2 gets up into your intake it will screw-up your A/F ratio* or possibly make the engine stall,
    as CO2 does not combust.

*The computer assumes that all the 'air' being metered is 20% oxygen but in reality some of it is now CO2.

Quote Originally Posted by maraudernkc
    We use a draw thru design in our supercharger kit for the Marauder. The air enters thru the K&N intake then goes thru the supercharger where the air is then compressed and heats up. The air than passes thru the Intercooler and is cooled and enters into the intake of the motor. We use a Lighting MAF which is right by our air filter than we have our EIAS ( external air intake sensor) at the intake of the motor. When I spray my Intercooler with CO2 the air will be cooled even further and the EIAS will measure the tempature at the intake.
    That has nothing to do with what they are warning you about. Spray CO2 on the intercooler and it cools the intercooler, which improves cooling of air inside it. Excess CO2 from the intercooler spray bar just floats around under the hood. If the air filter picks up this CO2, it will remove power, usually even more loss than gained by the cooling. i.e. STALLING.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Quote Originally Posted by FordNut
    That has nothing to do with what they are warning you about. Spray CO2 on the intercooler and it cools the intercooler, which improves cooling of air inside it. Excess CO2 from the intercooler spray bar just floats around under the hood. If the air filter picks up this CO2, it will remove power, usually even more loss than gained by the cooling. i.e. STALLING.

^^^^^^^^YES....YES^^^^^^^

There is no way to predict where the spent CO2 is going to travel and most likely some/most of it will get up into the engine compartment where your air intake is....
    The ONLY way to be sure is to have your air intake ahead of the CO2 spray system, which is not feasible or could only be done with a huge RICER snorkel hanging out front.
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)

Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge

You spary the Intercooler for about 6 seconds. This is done right after your burnout at the dragstrip. This liquid gas will freeze the intercooler at about -60 Degrees. You are not spraying the intercooler as your driving the car. I do understand what you are saying about the airfilter but it will be enclosed.

I appreciate the warning!

Has anyone used this on there Interccoler before?

Quote Originally Posted by FordNut

Does anyone read my posts ever? jesus...I how many times do I have to say things.
    Ignorance is Bliss. I hope you're enjoying it.

TRILOGY № 86 - 13.5PSI
    "Lidio-Tuned" : 386.5RWHP 426.9RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by blackf0rk
    Does anyone read my posts ever? jesus...I how many times do I have to say things.
    You mean this one:

Quote Originally Posted by blackf0rk
    I had this on my Turbo'd Impala. I didn't know anything about Cry02 systems, so when I called the place up to order it, I asked if it came with everything to install it and make it work with my intake. They said, yes.

So I get the system hook everything up and I have it spraying into my intake, since I had used all the parts up. I figured, well, this must be where it goes. So I'm WOT, and I press the switch and it sprays C02 into the intake and the engine stalls. LOL

At this point I didn't put two and two together, so I went home a thought about it. What is in your engine, essentially? FIRE. What's in a fire extngiusher? C02. C02 + FIRE = NO FIRE. *sigh*

So I call the company back up and ask 'em how this thing is suppose to work. They failed to tell me that you need to buy an intercooler sprayer bar, OR the intake bulb, whic 'hovers' in your intake and radiates cold air as the C02 decompresses and passes through the bulb.

Needless to say I never got the know the full effects of C02 on my engine, side from it stalling it LOL:
    Yeah we read it. It is inconclusive as you said yourself you never got to know the full effect.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Is this right?

So if I am understanding this correctly;the carbon dioxide chills the intercooler prior to racing,and the nos cools the AIT during the pass?
    Bradley G
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley G
    So if I am understanding this correctly;the carbon dioxide chills the intercooler prior to racing,and the nos cools the AIT during the pass?
    Bradley G
    The only thing that the C02 is for is to cool whatever it is sprayed on...in this case the exterior of the intercooler...

The NOS (Nitrous Oxide) does cool the intake charge BUT its primary function is to supply extra oxygen to the combustion process.
    'NOS' = NO2 which breaks down at high heat levels into one molecule of Nitrogen and two molecules of Oxygen.
    Additional fuel can be added to use the extra oxygen and VOILA! more HP...NOS is just another way to get more oxygen into an engine.
    Last edited by Joe Walsh; 04-25-2005 at 01:14 PM.

MI2QWK4U Guest
    For what its worth, I did extensive research on this concept over a year ago. I discovered that people were having problems with this very kit. Everyone I talked to, including distributors and salesmen told me it was junk, and could hurt your motor if your car ingested the co2. When I talked to a company rep, they told me that that was just a nasty rumor, and there was no way a car could suck the co2 gas into the motor via the air intake. What a bunch of Bullstuff. I did some further checking to find a co2 system that does not vent inside the engine compartment. The results were good, perhaps more noticable on a supercharged car. Read my thread on it.

CO2 Intercooler Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information