Thread: New Paint job

crom Guest

New Paint job

I think I finally figured out how to post a pic. A while back I had my MM repainted under warranty ( yea, I actually got FORD to do it). Anyways I got lucky and had the shop that did the repaint put some pearl in the clearcoat. I hope you like, tell me what you think. If the picture doesn't show up they are in my gallery.

I can see myself!

Damn I love that blue!

Is that reflection your crib?

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by crom
    I think I finally figured out how to post a pic. A while back I had my MM repainted under warranty ( yea, I actually got FORD to do it). Anyways I got lucky and had the shop that did the repaint put some pearl in the clearcoat. I hope you like, tell me what you think. If the picture doesn't show up they are in my gallery.

crom Guest
    Yea, that is my house. I never noticed that before. I have a few more pics in my gallery. I need to get the camera out and try and take a few more. I'm hoping to enter the car show on Aug 27th here at the base. They sponsor one every year. I did it last year, they had about 65 cars show up. I didn't have the new paint job, but I did win a plaque. I won the "Special Interest Award" , imagine that. Everybody kept asking what it was. I just ordered the KN intake kit and the polished pedal set from DynoPro. I'm hoping to get the UHL kit from Car Motorsports and installed in time for the show.

Custom Pearl black

I love it! that was a great move on your part crom!
    Quote Originally Posted by crom

2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Did you have it done after the car was 12months old or 12000miles?!?!?!

If so you could be a big help in me getting my paint warranted!!!!

Ford still can't get it right - lots of orange peel. Still - the color looks great!
    Ignorance is Bliss. I hope you're enjoying it.

TRILOGY № 86 - 13.5PSI
    "Lidio-Tuned" : 386.5RWHP 426.9RWTQ

Do you have a pic from the side of the entire car...I am loving that paint, but need to see a little more.
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by blackf0rk
    Ford still can't get it right - lots of orange peel. Still - the color looks great!
    What he said.

Find yourself someone that's aces in wet sanding & buffer skills ... & she'll look even better when it's done.

It was time for a new signature .....

Here it is .....

X

crom Guest
    Thanks for the compliments and the advice on the wet sanding. To answer a few ?'s.
    Shaft333 - Yes, I did get the repaint after 12 mos/12,000 miles. I had started complaining/inquiring before that though. The dealership had some changes in their service department at the time that may have helped. If you want more info feel free to PM me.

Cruztaker - I will have to get some more pics of the side etc and I will post them in my gallery. The Pearl doesn't show up unless it is sunny out or at night when lights hit it. It will probably be this weekend before I can do more pics.

Thread Information