Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Need Boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taemian View Post
    I ordered an Xcal2 from Alt Auto already, but I have to pick it up at a friend's place in Oregon. (Lidio doesn't ship to Canada) After speaking with Lidio at length, we nixed the idea of 4.10s, since I'm getting a Trilogy when the car loan is paid off in June or July. He said traction becomes a fairly big problem with that combo. I personally don't like the look of the widened rims w/Nittos, it takes away the whole "sleeper" idea for me, and I'd need those to combat traction loss. I also ordered a K&N CAI which is also waiting down in Oregon.
    Strange, Lidio shipped my Xcal1 to me in Winnipeg, and he's shipped to several members in Ontario. Trust me, a tune will make a difference in drivability from stock. Just the revised shift points make it worthwhile. BTW, I've got 4.10s and a 3000 rpm torque convertor. I already have traction problems. I'm looking forward to more traction problems when I can afford the Trilogy.
    -Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052

Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it. See here.

I ordered an Xcal2 from Alt Auto already, but I have to pick it up at a friend's place in Oregon. (Lidio doesn't ship to Canada) After speaking with Lidio at length, we nixed the idea of 4.10s, since I'm getting a Trilogy when the car loan is paid off in June or July. He said traction becomes a fairly big problem with that combo. I personally don't like the look of the widened rims w/Nittos, it takes away the whole "sleeper" idea for me, and I'd need those to combat traction loss. I also ordered a K&N CAI which is also waiting down in Oregon.
    I hear ya...traction can be an issue sometimes but I like my setup with the 4.10's, stock tires and the Trilogy, it's just itchin to go with the slightest press of the pedal
    03 300A Build Date 08/02
    Trilogy #151

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderTJA View Post
    Nothing, nothing makes our cars better than BOOST
    Absolutely true...
    03 300A Build Date 08/02
    Trilogy #151

Yea, I can't wait until my kit is installed. (Hopefully within the last week of Oct.)
    '03 A #1801 - Tuned By Outlaw Dyno
    445rwhp/408rwtq - 12.6/110mph
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold
    '88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, built 8.8"
    '11 F250 Powerstroke - 476hp/1208tq

Quote Originally Posted by Raudermaster View Post
    Yea, I can't wait until my kit is installed. (Hopefully within the last week of Oct.)
    What kit are you installing?
    former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
    2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
    "Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderTJA View Post
    What kit are you installing?
    Did you not see my post in the FIT section?! I bought a used kit, and absolutely cannot wait to get it in!
    '03 A #1801 - Tuned By Outlaw Dyno
    445rwhp/408rwtq - 12.6/110mph
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold
    '88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, built 8.8"
    '11 F250 Powerstroke - 476hp/1208tq

The modular motor is one of the most boost friendly engines I know of. And speaking of tunes. Doesn't Dennis give free updates on his tunes. And I'm not starting a war of tunes, just asking.

When you guys install your superchargers with higher boost levels, does anyone try 3.27 gears?

Quote Originally Posted by Raudermaster View Post
    Did you not see my post in the FIT section?! I bought a used kit, and absolutely cannot wait to get it in!
    Must have missed it. Cool! I am obligated to provide this warning: Once you have boost it is like sticking a needle deep in your arm. Your addicted and hooked.
    former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
    2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
    "Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

Quote Originally Posted by mrjones View Post
    [QUOTEYea man, those Bimmer 8's are nothing to mess with.

If I'm not terribly mistaken, a 750 is a V12. Having your ass handed to you by a car sporting 4 more cylinders, and an extra $70K on the sticker ain't so bad.

Although, it would've been much more fun had it gone the other way!
    750=V8
    760=V12
    05 Ford Crown Victoria LX | Clear Corners | 5% Tint | Dark WeatherTechs | Pioneer Premier + JL + MTX + Alpine |

Quote Originally Posted by Sully008 View Post
    Strange, Lidio shipped my Xcal1 to me in Winnipeg, and he's shipped to several members in Ontario. Trust me, a tune will make a difference in drivability from stock. Just the revised shift points make it worthwhile. BTW, I've got 4.10s and a 3000 rpm torque convertor. I already have traction problems. I'm looking forward to more traction problems when I can afford the Trilogy.
    Yeah, Lidio said he's getting out of the mail order stuff since he expanded to his new shop. It really isn't worth his time compared to his booming shop, and the customs stuff was a hassle for him. Derek (Freakstatus) just bought an Xcal2 from Lidio and sent to a cousin in NY, who then sent it up here to BC. We got together for lunch, but I didn't have time to go for a ride, and it was raining pretty good anyways. He said it improved things noticably. I'll have to wait until I go to Oregon....

And HEY Sully, why haven't I seen you in the Maple Leaf Marauder section under the "Canadian Marauder Calendar" thread? Maybe I should check real quick to see if I missed you....
    Last edited by Taemian; 10-06-2007 at 01:04 PM.

1 of 170 '04 SB w/sunroof, light flint int.

MOD HISTORY:
    -Lidio's Xcal2 flash, JLT CAI
    -Trilogized June/08 (mostly installed by RC_Signals)
    13.2@103 on stock (balding) tires.
    -Added: SW Long tube Headers + High Flow Cats
    -New BFGs (Best Baby Shower gift EVER!)
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112-
    -Widened rims
    XCal 4 Remote-tuned to PERFECTION by Jeff @ MartyO June/19

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    .............. I'll have to wait until I go to Oregon....

you can't have it sent to you from Oregon?
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

If I do, I'll still pay all the duties. If I go for a visit and stay a bit, I can bring all my stuff (K&N CAI, Xcal2, 870 Tactical!) back across duty free.

MOD HISTORY:
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112-
    -Widened rims

If I do, I'll still pay all the duties. If I go for a visit and stay a bit, I can bring all my stuff (K&N CAI, Xcal2, 870 Tactical!) back across duty free.
    If their is something you need from Lidio,pay him for it and tell him to give it to me when I'm down in one mounth...I'll bring it back..I'm driving so I suspect no problems....ie duty,or shipping...let me know.
    4;10's,JLT RAI,and Lidio's sct live wire,new air freshner,.......and now #153 Trilogy..377 hp and 400 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by chader View Post
    If their is something you need from Lidio,pay him for it and tell him to give it to me when I'm down in one mounth...I'll bring it back..I'm driving so I suspect no problems....ie duty,or shipping...let me know.
    Chader man! Thanks for the offer, but Lidio sent it out at least a week ago. Also, I have the other stuff there in Oregon waiting in a hall closet for me to come get them! I need an excuse to drive the coast, and love going down and volunteering at my friend's ranch anyways! http://www.crystalpeaksyouthranch.or...s/default.aspx

Also, could you resend your MM calendar photo to me? I filed it somewhere and can't find the dang thing!! Thanks! Send to ijacobi AT shaw.ca

MOD HISTORY:
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    -Widened rims

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information