Thread: FL-1HP Filter

FL-1HP Filter

Anyone using these with their remote filter system??

A tech at my dealership used them on his Mustang drag car but had a dozen left over when he sold it....so he let me have them for $36.00!!

I installed one yesterday and cther than being heavier it is no different than the FL-1A......It does have a 400 PSI burst rating.....don't think I have to worry about that!!

A good deal for him and me but OVERKILL for my Marauder!!

Marauderjack
    Last edited by Marauderjack; 12-01-2010 at 06:45 AM.
    No Marauder

IS it the same size as the FL-1A?? Is it just the burst pressure that's different?
    If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not. - Red Green

2004 Marauder 300A - Garage Queen

1025 of 3213. It is one of 1237 in black and one of 2000 w/o the moonroof option.

Performance
    4:10's, rear Adco, front Eibachs w/ KYB shocks, Working oil pressure gauge, JLT CA Kit, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, TCE SS Brake Lines, Zack big brake kit.
    Dress
    Power by Ford coil covers, Maruder sill plates, God's head steering wheel emblem, spoiler, front and rear splash gaurds, Custom dead pedal, LED lights for engine bay, interior and gauges. 64' Marauder Sail Panel for rear badge, custom God's head badge in grill.

LOC: Clermont Florida

Quote Originally Posted by BigCars4Ever View Post
    IS it the same size as the FL-1A?? Is it just the burst pressure that's different?
    Yeppers.....same size but much heavier!!

The tech said it had better filter media than the FL-1A but I doubt it.....$3.00 each was a deal though!!
    No Marauder

That is what I am using

These are the filters I use on my remote filter setup, I dont know if they are any better but they fit rather nicely... You got a heck of a deal on price per filter. That right there is a good price!
    regards,
    ~mike

2K4 DTR
    Trilogy #160
    some other lil' stuff.....

'jack, a word of advice when buying large quantities of filters at once: they DO have a shelf-life.

Most of the pundits over on BITOG have recommended using a filter no more than 3 years after it's made. Oil filters are so cheap that there's no need to buy mass quantities unless they will be used in short order. The stock Motorcraft FL-820S is only $3.48 at Wally's, so I generally just keep 1 or 2 on my shelf in case I need to do an unexpected change.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    'jack, a word of advice when buying large quantities of filters at once: they DO have a shelf-life.

Most of the pundits over on BITOG have recommended using a filter no more than 3 years after it's made. Oil filters are so cheap that there's no need to buy mass quantities unless they will be used in short order. The stock Motorcraft FL-820S is only $3.48 at Wally's, so I generally just keep 1 or 2 on my shelf in case I need to do an unexpected change.

Wonder what goes bad???

They look fine and as far as I can tell "Work" fine??

Marauderjack
    No Marauder

yeah what could possibly go bad>? not trying to argue just trying to lean something.
    2010 fusion se

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    My filters don't have a "sell by" or a "use by" date on them!

Perhaps they should have? I'm just guessing, but the glue & media could deteriorate over time. They should be labeled "store in a cool, dry place".
    1957 Custom 2 dr Sedan, 1979 F-series 14' U-Haul 330 XD, 1979 F150 4X4 428 PI/CJ heads/NP 435/4:11 axles-rear Det. Lkr., 1993 Grand Marquis, Y2K CVPI supercharged 5.4, 2003 MM

The more I learn, the more I find out I don't know.

Confusion will be my epitaph...

Home of the Berserker Marauder, one of the ancient Norse warriors legendary for working themselves into a frenzy before a battle and fighting with reckless savagery and insane fury, held to be invulnerable...shirtless regardless of wounds...(possibly due to ingestion of psychotropic and hallucinatory drugs such as Fly Agaric Mushrooms)...

ΓρεεκΓοδ

^^^what GreekGod said^^^.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Thread Information