Thread: Beware VIN# MEHM75V63X644384

David JP Guest

Beware VIN# MEHM75V63X644384

Spent 2 hours with 2 fingers writing a nightmare post about a 2003 black M/M I purchased that from a N.Y.C. Dealership. When I went to submit it I lost the post because it was too long, maybe it was from the pics that I tried to attach.
    Anyway, beware the aforementioned vehicle. It has been involved in a serious front right side collision. So bad, infact, the cars frame was re-aligned and I have pics to prove it. I returned the car because full disclosure was not made to me. This all happened in 12/2003.

1. If anyone has free access to car fax, run the Vin#, and see if FoMoCo has come clean with this vehicle. If not, I will update it.
    I can't get sued for that, can I?

2. If you have purchased this vehicle, and full discloure, and I mean FULL, was not made to you, you can contact me through this site, and I will help any way I can.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    It would be the dealer that has to "come clean" with the vehicle history, not Ford, unless the damage happened before they delivered it to the dealer, in which case I'd be very surprised.
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Damage Disclosure Statement

It is a requirement of NYS Department of motor vehicles to state on the title by the previous owner that the vehicle was or was not wrecked. The damage must exceed 75% of the retail value. The damage was probably not 75%. The dealer should have disclosed the damage if they knew.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Just Ran a Carfax. Came back clean....

Report Generated for
    Wesley D Chain
    For Personal Use Only

CARFAX is the leading independent provider of Vehicle History information. Its comprehensive database contains more than 2.36 billion vehicle history records from over 5,300 different public and private sources. Use CARFAX so you can make a better decision about your next used car.

GOOD NEWS - CARFAX Certified History - Guaranteed!
    This 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER (2MEHM75V63X644384) qualifies for the CARFAX Certified History, a guarantee worth up to $5,000 that protects you from buying a vehicle that had severe damage, major odometer problems, or Lemon history reported to a Department of Motor Vehicles.

1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported to DMV - GUARANTEED!
    Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported
    2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported to DMV - GUARANTEED!
    Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
    Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found
    3. LEMON CHECKŪ
    No Manufacturer Buyback Reported to DMV - GUARANTEED!
    4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners At least 1 Owner
    Type of Owners Checked 9 Types of Vehicle Registrations
    5. RECALL CHECK
    No Open Recall(s) Reported
    6. WARRANTY CHECK
    No data reported to CARFAX
    DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 2 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED
    Tell us what you know about this vehicle

CARFAX does not inspect vehicles. This vehicle may have problems that have not been reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection is recommended. How CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's history.

Today's leading safety and reliability information for the 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER all in one report. Click on the link below to view your FREE report:
    SAFETY & RELIABILITY REPORT Crash Tests, Reliability Ratings, Theft Ratings and more...

Year/Make/Model: 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER

Body Style: SEDAN 4 DR
    Engine: 4.6L V8 SEFI DOHC
    Fuel: GASOLINE
    Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
    Manufactured in: CANADA
    Safety Equipment: Anti-lock Brakes, Dual air bags front and sides/active (manual) belts with automatic passenger sensor

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still looking for the perfect MERCURY MARAUDER? Check out a list of them in your area.

Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! This 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER (2MEHM75V63X644384) has had no severe accidents or other total loss events reported to CARFAX from a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). This vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Certified History, a guarantee worth up to $5,000.

No Salvage Title Reported No Loss Due To Fire Title Reported
    No Junk Title Reported No Flood Damage Title Reported
    No Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Reported No Hail Damage Title Reported
    No Dismantled Title Reported No Canadian Total Loss Record Reported

Other Accident Indicators:

This 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER (2MEHM75V63X644384) has had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
    No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
    No Police Accident Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported

CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 11.Jan.2004 17:32:54. New data will result in a change to this report.
    Not all accidents are reported to the Police. Tell us if you know of other fender benders, accidents or damage.

Accident Check FAQs:
    Accident FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee| CARFAX Help Center

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

This 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER (2MEHM75V63X644384) had no odometer problems reported to a DMV under the Federal Truth-In-Mileage Act. This Act requires owners to disclose odometer problems and an accurate reading when a vehicle is sold. This vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Certified History, a guarantee worth up to $5,000.

No Not Actual Mileage Title Reported:
    Title issued by DMV when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
    No Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title Reported:
    Title issued by DMV when the owner discloses an odometer rollover.

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER (2MEHM75V63X644384). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX analyzed the mileage history for this 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER (2MEHM75V63X644384) and found no inconsistent odometer readings.

Do you know this vehicle's current mileage? Tell us and help protect others from mileage fraud.

Mileage Accuracy Check FAQs:
    Mileage Accuracy FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee| CARFAX Help Center

GOOD NEWS! This 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER (2MEHM75V63X644384) has had no Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON) reported to CARFAX from a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). This vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Certified History, a guarantee worth up to $5,000.

Lemon Check FAQs:
    Lemon Check FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee| CARFAX Help Center

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER (2MEHM75V63X644384) has had at least 1 owner. CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
    At least 1 owner No data No data

CARFAX AdvisorTM
    The cost of ownership varies by vehicle. Go to Edmunds.com to check the recommended service schedule and estimated costs for this vehicle.

Types of Owners:

This 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER (2MEHM75V63X644384) was checked for 9 types of registrations.

No Personal Use Registration Reported No Fleet Registration Reported
    No Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported
    No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported
    No Government Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported
    No Taxi Registration Reported

Do you have information about how this vehicle was used or driven? Tell us what you know.

Ownership Check FAQs:
    Ownership FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee| CARFAX Help Center

This 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER (2MEHM75V63X644384) has no recalls that still require repair.

Date: Source: Description:
    01/11/2004 Ford Motor Company No recalls open for repair

Please note that the Ford Motor Company provides CARFAX with recall information regarding national safety and emissions programs announced since 1995 for a specific vehicle. For complete information regarding regional recall programs or concerns you are experiencing with this vehicle, please contact your local MERCURY Dealer.

Recall Check FAQs:
    Recall FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee| CARFAX Help Center

CARFAX cannot calculate the remaining coverage for this 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER (2MEHM75V63X644384) because no original manufacturer warranty information was reported to CARFAX by its source.

Estimated start date of warranty: 01/01/2003
    Last reading reported to CARFAX: No odometer reading reported
    Today's Date: January 11, 2004

Type of Coverage: Original Warranty:
    Basic No data reported to CARFAX
    Drivetrain No data reported to CARFAX
    Emissions No data reported to CARFAX
    Corrosion No data reported to CARFAX
    Transferable No data reported to CARFAX
    Roadside Assistance No data reported to CARFAX
    Safety belt & inflatable restraint No data reported to CARFAX

CARFAX Warranty Check provides an estimate of this vehicle's remaining warranty coverage. It does not take into account some vehicle history events. For example, major accidents resulting in Salvage or Junk titles that may void the original manufacturer warranty or ownership transfers that may decrease warranty coverage. Complete warranty coverage information is available for this vehicle at the at the MERCURY web site.

Warranty Calculator FAQs:
    Warranty FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee| CARFAX Help Center

CARFAX searched more than 2.36 billion records from over 5,300 different public and private sources and found 2 record(s) for this 2003 MERCURY MARAUDER (2MEHM75V63X644384).

Date:
    Mileage Reading:
    Source:
    General Comments:

10/16/2002 NICB
    Vehicle manufactured and shipped to original
    dealer
    '15 F250 CC 4WD 6.7L PSD
    '11 CVLX
    '05 E55 AMG
    '91 350SD Turbodiesel
    '97 Land Cruiser/78 Land Cruiser

BTW, there is a link for people to "add info" about this car, if you want me to, I can insert that info for you.
    '15 F250 CC 4WD 6.7L PSD
    '11 CVLX
    '05 E55 AMG
    '91 350SD Turbodiesel
    '97 Land Cruiser/78 Land Cruiser

David JP Guest
    Thanks. The dealer had told me that the car had been stolen from their lot in NJ. It was recovered a block away. The only thing stolen was the rims. There was no other damage. That is all that was disclosed to me. Long story that I'll make real short. After I picked it up a friend told me it was missing parts. (Wheel well shield, cowling on right side, radiator fan missing bolt.)

Right passenger door was out of seam (wind noise when driving) and lists to the right. Frame was realigned on right side. (Havin trouble posting pic).

2 mechanics and another dealer told me the car was hit or hit something on the rightside. Returned it and purcahsed a 04 from another dealer. Love the car!!!

I will update carfax tonite.
    I have written a 2 page letter of complaint to FoMoCo and Dept of Consumer Affairs against this dealer.

My theory is that the car was not stolen at all. If it was, should that not have reported. I think some punk arsed employee was hotdoggin it some where in transit, wiped out and they tried to cover it up. Talk about a case study in fraud.

In transit damage would have been shown like a warranty claim (I should know, I saw an MM with it).

Here is the OASIS for the VIN 2MEHM75V63X644384:

Build date:10/15/02
    Start date 12/8/03

Vehicle has NY/MA/CA emmissions
    Vehicle has no recalls or any Ford extended, maintenance, or billing policies

Vehicle history:
    Queens Blvd Lincoln-Mercury
    12/17/03 @485 miles
    Replaced left headlamp assembly
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Quote Originally Posted by David JP
    I can't get sued for that, can I?

Just a quick note.....

Rule Of Thumb.....

1- You can get sued at any time.... by any person.... for anything. Our system is far from perfect.

2- You can get sued for telling the truth, but the plaintiff would never win...... as long as you can prove what you have said.

Thread Information