Thread: Firing Issues

Firing Issues

Hey guys, Car started running rough so I park for a day. The next day I pulled plugs noticed passenger side was wet with gas driver side dry. I replaced all plugs but before ai installed I put all 8 in coils while my wife turned key to see firing. Driver side gave off healthy spark from all 4...Passenger was BARELY sparking. So i installed anyway to see if itll run fine. Car shook like serious misfire was going on. Pull plugs and same thing, entire passenger side plugs wet with gas...driver dry...... What could be problem?

I believe that the coils have constant power and are triggered by ground through the ecu. I would check for power at the coil connectors. Could be a rubbed or broken wire causing low or no volts to coils. Unlikely that all the injectors stuck on 1 bank at the same time.
    Would a bad cam sensor disrupt spark? Not an expert on these things, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

Definitely sounds like chaffed wiring rubbing on the wiper cowl support behind the drivers side cam cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Before car broke down I was doing 90 on freeway, when I slow down valves were ticking a little louder than usual...tried to start driving back in normal traffic wouldnt go over 30-40. I have gotten several code then would erase after changing plugs and disconnecting battery. The code that keeps popping up now is p1233. The car is firing but runs rough then everytime I pull plugs their soaked in gas(whole passenger side) is it possible its a bad head or valves? Its drives but very rough. It use to crank right up now i have to pat gas rapidly

Sounds like you are getting good at pulling the plugs and COPs, I would do a compression check at this point. If that shows normal, troubleshoot from there.

If one bank is normal and the other is flooded, it sounds like you either have an issue with the power feed to the coils (they all use one common feed per bank) or you have an issue with the cam timing on that side.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by 95chickn View Post
    Driver side gave off healthy spark from all 4...Passenger was BARELY sparking.
    You already found the problem... Now you need to follow it to the source, check the wiring harness for rub through behind the drivers side head like he said.

Thread Information