Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern Super Heavy Shootout 5

Smile History: Class B and C

CaSSino:

Hey! How about putting on the SSHS5 website the Class B & C runners as well as the Big Dogs and Hobo classes. My 14.00 should appear somewhere in the quarter finals. Also, how about specifically inviting the 300C Hemis and new Chargers on the website home page as well as the MM (thanks) to the SSHS5.

Glenn
    Last edited by Glenn; 04-30-2005 at 08:17 PM.
    Trilogy #124 SOLD - 8/2014
    11.80 @ 117.16 MPH: SSHS9
    1.74 sec - 60'
    443 RWHP/437 RWTQ
    "Stock Internal Engine" - Click Below

OK gang - I'm firing up this old thread. We're a little more than 2 months away from the Southern Super Heavy Shootout #5. The hosts (GASSIT) are getting a little nervous because of the lack of folks that have pre-registered. They have already made one 4-digit payment to Atlanta Dragway and another $2500 payment is due in the middle of September. Unfortunately, there have not yet been enough paid pre-registered to cover this bill.

So far there are only 3 Marauders signed up for the event I sure hope that more of you decide to make the trip to this excellent event. There are also five Lincoln Mark VIIs, a Crown Vic, and even a Colony Park station wagon registered, so you will have plenty of FoMoCo bretheren there.

I'd like to appeal to those of you that defintely plan to go to this event to PLEASE go ahead and pre-register. It will certainly help to handle the financial burden on the front end. If you are still on the fence, that's OK too, but you will not regret attending this event. Thanks for you help and I hope to see you there!

Register for SSHS5 here!
    Last edited by LeadSSled; 08-22-2005 at 11:39 AM.
    1996 Impala SS

12.38 @ 109 mph at SSHS6 - all motor
    385 stroker. 400 RWHP 424 RWTQ on a Mustang dyno

LeadSSled's website

Florida Marauders

Quote Originally Posted by LeadSSled
    OK gang - I'm firing up this old thread. We're a little more than 2 months away from the Southern Super Heavy Shootout #5. The hosts (GASSIT) are getting a little nervous because of the lack of folks that have pre-registered. They have already made one 4-digit payment to Atlanta Dragway and another $2500 payment is due in the middle of September. Unfortunately, there have not yet been enough paid pre-registered to cover this bill.

So far there are only 3 Marauders signed up for the event I sure hope that more of you decide to make the trip to this excellent event. There are also five Lincoln Mark VIIs, a Crown Vic, and even a Colony Park station wagon registered, so you will have plenty of FoMoCo bretheren there.

I'd like to appeal to those of you that defintely plan to go to this even to PLEASE go ahead and pre-register. It will certainly help to handle the financial burden on the front end. If you are still on the fence, that's OK too, but you will not regret attending this event. Thanks for you help and I hope to see you there!

Register for SSHS5 here!
    I am registered (have two rooms reserved) and I know of it least 6-8 or more Marauders that are going here from Florida. I am pushing it here and I hope some of the other guys in the south (GA, AL, LA) will be going as well. I think now that MV III is over and after the upcoming September Marauder fest at Gainesville, more cars will be registering. I'll put a post up on the Sunshine State Marauders forum and start pushing it as well here. I hope everything works out. I also mentioned all of us MM's & Impala SS guys can meet up Friday morning in Wildwood off I-75 for a caravan up to Commerce.

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida
    former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
    2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
    "Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderTJA
    I am registered (have two rooms reserved) and I know of it least 6-8 or more Marauders that are going here from Florida. I'll put a post up on the Sunshine State Marauders forum and start pushing it as well here. I hope everything works out.
    Tom - Thanks for your help as an ambassador for this event! I'm glad to hear that you have a parade of Marauders coming. Hopefully we can convince some more to pre-register to help offset the front-end expenses. I'm looking forward to seeing you folks there.

BTW - we anticipate at least two, maybe three 9-second cars there this year. The 9-second Mark VII is a lightweight that has to add a few hundred pounds of ballast to meet the 3800-lb. minimum, but he ran a 9-second pass last year before breaking. The "big dog champion" last year, a 4500 lb. full interior Impala SS street car should break into the 9's this year too. I saw him run 10.90s last month "all motor" in 90-degree heat. With better air and his 2-stage N20 setup, he should be in the 9's in November for sure, as long as everything holds together.

We also expect a twin-turbo Impala SS owned by Keith Mease at Mease Performance Engineering in NJ to attend.

Nobody has seen this car run yet, but Keith swears that it will be in the 9s. Of course, her registered last year and was a "no show", so we'll just have to see what happens.

What are your predictions for the quickest Marauder? I saw a few really nice ones last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LeadSSled; 08-24-2005 at 07:11 PM.
    1996 Impala SS

LeadSSled's website

I've heard a lot about Mease's TT Impala *drool* He is building a 383 Stroker Turbo for an Impala over here, my brother hopes to make SSHS 5 but it might be too close.

Tom - Thanks for your help as an ambassador for this event! I'm glad to hear that you have a parade of Marauders coming. Hopefully we can convince some more to pre-register to help offset the front-end expenses. I'm looking forward to seeing you folks there.

BTW - we anticipate at least two, maybe three 9-second cars there this year. The 9-second Mark VII is a lightweight that has to add a few hundred pounds of ballast to meet the 3800-lb. minimum, but he ran a 9-second pass last year before breaking. The "big dog champion" last year, a 4500 lb. full interior Impala SS street car should break into the 9's this year too. I saw him run 10.90s last month "all motor" in 90-degree heat. With better air and his 2-stage N20 setup, he should be in the 9's in November for sure, as long as everything holds together.

We also expect a twin-turbo Impala SS owned by Keith Mease at Mease Performance Engineering in NJ to attend.

Nobody has seen this car run yet, but Keith swears that it will be in the 9s. Of course, her registered last year and was a "no show", so we'll just have to see what happens.

What are your predictions for the quickest Marauder? I saw a few really nice ones last year.
    I will do everything I possibly can to get as much participation as I can for the event. Don't really know what the quickest Marauder will be. Depending on the temp, if it is cool (70's), I am hoping to get into the low 12's and maybe bump the 11's. But there may be quicker Marauders coming. We'll see. Can't wait to see the MK VII and the twin turbo Impala run 9's. That will be really impressive.
    former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
    2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
    "Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

Quote Originally Posted by Rider90
    I've heard a lot about Mease's TT Impala *drool* He is building a 383 Stroker Turbo for an Impala over here, my brother hopes to make SSHS 5 but it might be too close.
    Yes, Keith has already built at least two twin turbo Impala SS street cars. One resides in Moultrie, GA with Gene Zebley and the other in NJ. The NJ one ran a 10.96 @ 134 mph two weeks ago in hot, humid NJ air. This was with a 2.0 60-foot time! Kai Zimmerman's car could not build any boost at the line because it kept pushing the car through the lights. But the "Turbozilla" shown in the photo (Keith's name, not mine ) is reported to be quite a bit more radical and will use a Turbo 400 tranny with a transbrake to leave on the boost.

I hope to see your brother there.

MarauderTJA - I know that it is difficult to get some people to pre-register. The tact I've been taking is to say: "If you know you are going, why not ante up now? It may make the difference between the event happening and it not happening at all. Heck, it's only $65 - not that big of a sacrifice."

I also realize that no matter what you say, some just won't let go of their money until the last minute and some jsut don't know if they will be going yet. But every one that we can get to pre-register gets us closer to pulling this event off. We always have good attendance at the gate, but it is really tough to get our hands on the seed money to kick things off.
    Last edited by LeadSSled; 08-22-2005 at 07:09 AM.
    1996 Impala SS

LeadSSled's website

I also realize that no matter what you say, some just won't let go of their money until the last minute and some just don't know if they will be going yet. But every one that we can get to pre-register gets us closer to pulling this event off. We always have good attendance at the gate, but it is really tough to get our hands on the seed money to kick things off.
    I just registered. I have been planning on having my car there and we are cooking up a few changes. The only constant thing is the changes.

Please arrange for some cool, dry weather for me.

How short is this event on cash? I would consider giving a partial sponsorship. Send me a PM if you are more comfortable.

Terry: have you thought about posting up on the Street Car Forums website?

Quote Originally Posted by martyo
    I just registered. I have been planning on having my car there and we are cooking up a few changes. The only constant thing is the changes.
    Thanks for taking the plunge. You won't regret it - this is a top notch event. I'm looking forward to seeing your machine go down the track.

Please arrange for some cool, dry weather for me.
    Well, we're working on that but cool, dry air costs money. The more people that register gives us a better chance of buying the good air.

How short is this event on cash? I would consider giving a partial sponsorship. Send me a PM if you are more comfortable.
    The situation is not desperate. This is GASSIT's 4th year putting on this event and we run into this problem every year. When the event is over, we are always in good shape because it is well attended. But it is always a struggle to get people to pre-register so that we have some working capital. It is very expensive to rent an NHRA facility to have all to yourself, and they require a significant financial commitment from us to hold the date on the calendar. If I can manage to get to get another 25-30 folks to pre-resister, we'll be in pretty good shape.

We are actively soliciting corporate sponsors. However we want sponsors that can benefit from the sponsorship - companies that offer products for our cars or vendors local to the track that we can patronize. We've tried not to solicit personal "sponsorships" that are merely donations. If that is what you are offerring, I certainly appreciate your generosity, but we don't want to do that. If you have a company that would benefit from a corporate sponsorship, we are interested. I can put you in touch with the individual within GASSIT handling that actvity - Jim Bishop.

ThanKs again!
    Terry
    Last edited by LeadSSled; 08-22-2005 at 11:19 AM.
    1996 Impala SS

LeadSSled's website

Terry: have you thought about posting up on the Street Car Forums website?
    To be honest, no I haven't. We want to make sure that this event is attended by the true "heavyweights" on the road - RWD V8s at 3800 lbs. minimum without the driver. We do have a few cars that need to add weight, like the gutted Mark VII and Caprice, and the new GTOs. But they are pretty close. We do not want a bunch of Mustangs and F-bodies full of sandbags to show up at this event.

So, we have been very specific about where we promote the event. I am only familiar with the Knoxville, TN section of that forum, and I can assure you that the majority of the clientele there is not our demographic market. I can tell you that the car owners that post in that section and meet the criteria is a total of one - me. It may be different in other sections, but I've been concentrating with the Marauder folks and the Hemi Chrysler folks. For the record, the Marauder contingent has been much more responsive.
    Last edited by LeadSSled; 08-22-2005 at 11:20 AM.
    1996 Impala SS

LeadSSled's website

To be honest, no I haven't. We want to make sure that this event is attended by the true "heavyweights" on the road - RWD V8s at 3800 lbs. minimum without the driver.
    I was just thinking about some of teh F250 guys who have soem pretty quick trucks. One of 'em came with em last year and spanked a GTO. That's PRICELESS!

I can't see as the sponsorship will help me out. I was just trying to help out my overweight bretheren!

Response from Jerry Barnes

Paul and myself are planning on attending. Maybe even Slim and others.

Thanks

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Barnes
    Paul and myself are planning on attending. Maybe even Slim and others.
    Jerry - That's great news. The more the merrier. But I didn't see a "Paul", "Jerry" or "Slim" with a Marauder on the registered participants list...

Sorry - my official job for this event is to nag everyone. Every entrant makes a difference.

SSee you there!
    1996 Impala SS

LeadSSled's website

Here: This will make it fun:

I am officially calling out Jerry at SSHS5. I may or may not be behind the wheel. We'll see. Jerry can designate a driver too. Us old guys need the kids with better nerves and reaction times.

Here is the bet. I will and Jerry gets a case of Diet Mountain Dew. Jerry, what are your stakes?

P.S. By then I expect to have my Trilogy jacket.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread Information