Thread: Air bag Code 19 - Clockspring?

Air bag Code 19 - Clockspring?

Just started getting air bag code 19. One flash, pause, 9 flashes...repeat 3x then light on solid.

I searched MM and while a few codes were posted, 19 didn't seem to be one of them.

Googling, I found this: http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Airbag_Flash_Codes

While not alot of info on 19, and it's possible to be one of several things, the common denominator for the various codes that could cause 19 appears to be the clock spring. All other steering wheel functions work perfectly however.

Anyone able to shed more light on a code 19 and the recommended course of action (preferably self action and not take it to the dealership).

TIA
    03 300A
    Trilogy #154
    Stainless Works LongTube Headers, Magnaflow High Flow Cats, X-Tube, Rear Cat Delete, Borla Mufflers, 2.5 Mandrel Bent pipes
    Lido tune
    Performance Transmission, 2500 Stall

Quote Originally Posted by robertmee View Post
    Just started getting air bag code 19. One flash, pause, 9 flashes...repeat 3x then light on solid.

I searched MM and while a few codes were posted, 19 didn't seem to be one of them.

Googling, I found this: http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Airbag_Flash_Codes

While not alot of info on 19, and it's possible to be one of several things, the common denominator for the various codes that could cause 19 appears to be the clock spring. All other steering wheel functions work perfectly however.

Anyone able to shed more light on a code 19 and the recommended course of action (preferably self action and not take it to the dealership).

TIA
    I'll check the shop manual when I get a chance.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thanks Jim!
    03 300A
    Trilogy #154
    Stainless Works LongTube Headers, Magnaflow High Flow Cats, X-Tube, Rear Cat Delete, Borla Mufflers, 2.5 Mandrel Bent pipes
    Lido tune

Quote Originally Posted by robertmee View Post
    Thanks Jim!
    The shop manual says to go to pi point test "I". There are 20.5 pages of tests. If there isn't a wiring issue then they say to replace the clockspring.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    The shop manual says to go to pi point test "I". There are 20.5 pages of tests. If there isn't a wiring issue then they say to replace the clockspring.
    Bummer...........
    03 300A
    Trilogy #154
    Lido tune

Clockspring or some say RCM?

I replaced the clockspring last year with no issues. I suppose it's possible it went bad already.
    Last edited by tbone; 11-05-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Thread Information