MercuryMarauder.net Forums    

Go Back   MercuryMarauder.net Forums > The Garage > Shop Talk

Shop Talk Visit Shop Talk for all your general technical discussions regarding the Marauder!

Old 11-05-2018, 08:11 PM

Trader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndex View Post
Current record holder is Fordnut at 378 rwhp NA. I have a bet with four members I can beat it. With my car at MO's Speed Shop, all things are possible with $$$$$$ and their talent. Maybe dump the TrickFlow and go Jesel.
Let’s say you get 400rwhp NA. I’m curious, exactly how long, how much time, energy and money has been spent to get to 400? Didn’t you start that in 09? Just supercharge the damn thing and be done with it. You’ll be so much happier. You can buy a freaking Honda that’ll beat that at 400rwhp now.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:54 PM
GAME OVER, YOU LOSE!

Trader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndex View Post
Current record holder is Fordnut at 378 rwhp NA. I have a bet with four members I can beat it. With my car at MO's Speed Shop, all things are possible with $$$$$$ and their talent. Maybe dump the TrickFlow and go Jesel.
Why do you constantly say this? While FordNuts numbers a impressive, his is not the N/A rwhp leader. You want the record you need to be North of 400rwhp. Hope you can do it.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:04 PM

I know 400rwhp can be done on an N/A 4.6 dohc motor its just at what expense and drive ability.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:45 PM
Delaware Marauderer

Trader: (3)
Why are you are averse to just going blower setup?
2004 MM (Black) #112 of 3213 (SOLD)
2003 MM (BLACK #5444 of 7838 (FOR SALE)
"BLACK MAMBA" (fomerly owned by Chris Wright)
Cowl Induction Hood
2.9 Whipple
4.6 MMR Motor
4L80E Trans
Stainless 3" Exhaust
631 RWHP/569 RWTQ
AND-
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Flame Red
Quad Cab SRT-10 (Automatic)
500 hp Viper Engine (stock)
4.56 Posi-Rear (Factory) (stock)
-AND-
SLAYER1
formerly owned by "Impala Slayer!! 2004 SB MM
Kenne Belle 2.6, MMR "Boss 302" Block, Kooks Headers and cats, Accusump Pre-Oiler Dynamax VT mufflers, MBS 2 1/2" exhaust, 4.10's, 2800 stall, Argento 312 "Color" Powder coated wheels, Rears widened 1 1/2 ",591 HP/555 TQ on 93 Octane, M/M catch can, 3 pillar gauge (Boost, Fuel, air intake and coolant temp, custom console cover, S-55 treatment.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:29 PM
Mike

If your going jesel you better have deep pockets. I bet they have titanium valve keepers dipped in the roman holy waters doused with the popes prayers
Old 11-06-2018, 03:36 PM
Sick-Speed play toy

Trader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkirkend View Post
Why are you are averse to just going blower setup?

He’s not. He is simply hitting an NA goal then slapping a blower on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:53 PM

superchargers are hard on the engine, perticularly the bearings.

I dont hate them, but they are expensive for an add on, for a perticular budget high or low I would rather have a high end N/A engine than a mediocre blower setup.

and personally do not think superchargers sound good. the only one I would pay money for would be a centrifugal type.

If I decide to go with forced induction I will go with a twin turbo setup.

I would like a hot 5.4 but I am considering a teksid 4.6 tt build.

Also while I prefer manual transmissions I have had both auto and manual sports cars.

they can both be done up well and If the car was already a manual I would give more consideration to a supercharger but given the fact I am just going to get the strongest auto Guts I can stuff in a 4r70w, Not sure if I should do the 4r75w since im going with a different motor all together why not. I still have to look at what is involved.

that being said the shop that is welding the rear end for me is in greenfield indiana, they are called Rods in Progress and they do fantastic fabrication work, they want to do the manual swap for me go figure. so Atleast if I go that route I have a shop I feel good about. But the more I think about it the main use of the car is bad ass cruising with maybe a road coarse or two a year for *****.

But auto's by nature work well with turbo setups, given the fact I would go dual 57's or 63's something like that its less of a factor because lag will be at a minimum. I have just started looking at cam profiles. I definitly want some low end grunt with some lope and a balanced powerband.

It will take me a couple weeks of research do nail down what compression ratio, turbo size, cam and stroke prof I think is in order for really maximizing the the overall charachteristics of this engine, I have always been more of an auto x, road coarse guy than drag so a lot of information I find is from drag guys half of which is useless toward my plans.

My favorite cams were my 263's in the 2.4 4g64t block with a 20g.

I had and tuned my own DSM link on my old cars. I am not opposed with going to a stand alone ecu.

I have been focused on the rear end, suspension and have not even looked at what a lot of ford guys do for piggy backs, or ecu mods yet. but

its on the radar