Thread: O/D light

O/D light

Hey guys new to this forum. Finally got my Marauder. The o/d light is flashing and pressing the o/d button does nothing. Im thinking the button is bad. Similar prob when i had my GM and the switch was bad. Hope its the same here. Any one know how to remove shifter handle?

Trans fault detected......

Does the power level become effected when flashing? Are the tires the proper stagger sizes or within the 3-6% difference range. Did you have tires recently rotated?
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Does the power level become effected when flashing? Are the tires the proper stagger sizes or within the 3-6% difference range. Did you have tires recently rotated?
    This ^^^^^^ and check the speed sensors. There have been issues with the bolt that secures the sensor backing out, especially the rear ones.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Arrow

Trinicrew ... Any one know how to remove shifter handle?
    • move the shifter in the N(eutral) position. *makes everything easier.
    • grasp the black plastic collar and push down. *it will slide-down, just takes a little effort.
    • remove the two allen-head set-screws on the back of the shifter shaft.
    • slowly lift-up on the shift knob while holding the selector button -or- wrap tape around the knob to hold it *this is so that the button and spring don't jettison.
    • unplug the O/D switch wire.

I want thinking traction control flashing..not OD...my info may be irrevelant except for what fastblackmerc posted
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

yea if o/d is flashing you need to read codes to see what the trans is upset

ok thanks will get it scanned

thank you will try that

Thank you everyone for your input on this issue

I know this may be off topic. but speaking of the overdrive thing brought something to my memory. about seven years ago I went to buy a Crown Vic from a guy. Now I know all about the motors in the intercept p71 but i know the engine doesn't actually have an Interceptor on the engine itself. and the guy tells me "hey press the Interceptor button it gets more horsepower" so I asked him what do you mean the Interceptor button. he said right there the O/D that's the officer Drive. that kicks in the interceptor! I just okay. While trying not to laugh. So I guess in this guy's mind the OD stood for officer drive not overdrive off.

lol what a dummy. When I hear something so preposterous I can't help but correct people in the harshest way possible. It brings me joy to enlighten the masses lol.

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    lol what a dummy. When I hear something so preposterous I can't help but correct people in the harshest way possible. It brings me joy to enlighten the masses lol.

Same here but it doesn’t need to be preposterous. Of course I’ve been known to be an antagonistic sarcastic meanie head. I come from a broken home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I use to care..... Not any more.....

Thread Information