Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel requirements for 600hp

I like the idea of keeping stock lines and staying returnless. Something that I am unclear on is when the boost a pump is required? I think I like your 3rd option dual pumps and dual FPDMs. Gonna attempt a positive displacement blower install. I bought a lower intake manifold for the 03-04 cobra last night. See if it actually shows up. For the engine I have to send the heads out but figured I could disassemble short block torque heads and mains back down measure w/dial bore gauge and decide from there. I definitely do not need to bore the cylinders. I am hoping I can avoid line boring the mains. I am an old diesel mechanic who doesnÂ’t wanna spend $50000 to get my car built so $25000 and do most labor myself is my goal.

Dual pumps, dual FPDM, dual wiring to the pumps, and a wiring upgrade will get you 700hp no problem.

Shoot me a PM and I'll send some notes on my setup. I have a BAP wired but it not turned up

You will still need to replace the rods and Pistons to support higher hp goals

If you're just gonna use that 03 cobra Mustang supercharger, you can just run one fuel pump driver module and one fuel pump and keep the line stock, but if you're going to build a fuel system you're definitely gonna need to build a motor and deafly need to have a bigger blower
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    But how about longevity? I hear horror stories even with the texsid block, and fellers going with a newer oem brand new boss block.

I know Jerrys car makes gobs of power, but its not a track car getting 20 passes every weekend.

Just wondering how long the wap block is good for 800 hp, it can be done, but how long does it last is what i wonder.

but he is building 600..at the crank he says..mine has 600 at the crank with a trilogy..but I don't hotlap it at the track
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

My plans are to buy a forged and balanced rotating assembly and install it in my original block hopefully skipping any machine shop work. Nobody around here has a clue about these engines including me but I am learning. I really want to do it myself and if it blows up I will only have myself to blame. I am in no rush to get this done. Probably gonna be a couple years yet. Looking for an 07-12 M122 Eaton. I plan on painting it in my garage as well. Working on the marauder and learning from you guys on this site is the most fun I have had in years.

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    Dual pumps, dual FPDM, dual wiring to the pumps, and a wiring upgrade will get you 700hp no problem.

Shoot me a PM and I'll send some notes on my setup. I have a BAP wired but it not turned up
    After spending some time reading about return and returnless fuel systems I think returnless is the easiest and cheapest for my situation. I just need to duplicate the existing factory fuel system and tie them together in the engine bay. Much more to it than that obviously but half the system is there already so would not be starting from scratch. The write up you did using FordnutÂ’s initial design was very detailed and easy to follow. Thanks to all

I agree 100%. Returnless is easy and yes your duplicating what's already there from the factory. I saved a boat load of cash having a wrecked MM on hand to strip stock parts off.
    Glad to help anyone save some cash. I may post my build here so others can benefit from the design.
    I have to give Fordnut credit his original design was well thought out. I made some simple changes to make it my own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information