Thread: Still having brake trouble.

Still having brake trouble.

Recently I did the Zack/Jerry big brake swap. I have TCE lines all around. Using the Autozone Street carbon fiber pads. If I stomp on the pedal the car stops great but.... if I press the pedal slowly it will go to the floor. The master cylinder is fairly new and I have bled the brakes several times with a vacuum bleed and old school pump the pedal bleed. I have read that this is a typical symptom of an ABS dump valve problem. I saw on youtube that the F150 ABS pump has a port that you stick a gauge into. If the gauge comes out more than a 1/4" when you press the pedal lightly then the dump valve is bad. Do our cars have such a port?
    Here is the video. My brakes are acting just like this.
    https://youtu.be/74bDa1-pLMQ
    If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not. - Red Green

2004 Marauder 300A - Garage Queen

1025 of 3213. It is one of 1237 in black and one of 2000 w/o the moonroof option.

Performance
    4:10's, rear Adco, front Eibachs w/ KYB shocks, Working oil pressure gauge, JLT CA Kit, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, TCE SS Brake Lines, Zack big brake kit.
    Dress
    Power by Ford coil covers, Maruder sill plates, God's head steering wheel emblem, spoiler, front and rear splash gaurds, Custom dead pedal, LED lights for engine bay, interior and gauges. 64' Marauder Sail Panel for rear badge, custom God's head badge in grill.

LOC: Clermont Florida

Did you install the calipers correctly, like RF and LF?
    Make sure the bleeder screws are facing the top and not facing down the bottom. I ran into the same issue lol
    2004 SB Mercury Marauder
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B

Yes, bleeders are on top. Not my first rodeo. Besides when there is air in the line the pedal is always soft. This is only soft when you press the brake lightly.

If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not. - Red Green

1025 of 3213. It is one of 1237 in black and one of 2000 w/o the moonroof option.

Performance
    4:10's, rear Adco, front Eibachs w/ KYB shocks, Working oil pressure gauge, JLT CA Kit, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, TCE SS Brake Lines, Zack big brake kit.
    Dress
    Power by Ford coil covers, Maruder sill plates, God's head steering wheel emblem, spoiler, front and rear splash gaurds, Custom dead pedal, LED lights for engine bay, interior and gauges. 64' Marauder Sail Panel for rear badge, custom God's head badge in grill.

I gravity bled mine when I installed the TCE front brake upgrade. Pedal is rock hard.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I have heard some other members having this problem and they had to go to the Ford Dealer to have them put it on a machine for the abs system. Afterwards they said the car stopped better then new. Their should be some old brake threads laying around here.

Charlene

DOB -5/26/03
    # 7525 of 7838 for 2003
    She is # 261 of 417 -Silver Birch

Trilogy #188
    5.0 Lidio Stroker Motor
    466 HP/ 443 TQ
    "On a conservative 93 Octane tune!"

Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum
    RIP 8-6-2014
    I love you dad!

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Bad Merc View Post
    I have heard some other members having this problem and they had to go to the Ford Dealer to have them put it on a machine for the abs system. Afterwards they said the car stopped better then new. Their should be some old brake threads laying around here.
    Anyone with a good diagnostic tool can initiate the abs pump to bleed. Otherwise check this thread out to manually initiate the ABS pump.

https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/...Number=2428904
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

^ what he said.
    And that's a good thread on diy abs bleed.

Replaced my ABS pump today and the brakes now feel fantastic. I used a pump from an 06 Town Car Signature edition from the junk yard and swapped the Marauder brain onto it. Used Forscan to do an ABS bleed. Now I stop with confidence. Apparently this is a common failure for Ford F150's.

Performance
    Dress

Thread Information