View Poll Results: Which grill option would you rather have?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Badgless

12 37.50%
  • Godshead

15 46.88%
  • I like my hockey sticks!

5 15.63%

Thread: Blacked out Godshead Badges

Blacked out Godshead Badges

Well, most of you have seen Mama's badgles DTR. I decided to go with the full Godshead badging on my black. I did it right after Mrs teamrope went badgless, and finally got around to taking pictures. I also blacked them out to match the rest of the car.

03 Marauder 300A, 6 CD Changer, tint, SS Inserts, McGard wheel locks, Full Stainless Works 3 inch exaust and long tube headers, DynoTech MMX driveshaft, Spoiler, Full godshead treatment, Mack & Marty fender badges, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, 4.10's, FIT/ProCharger Racing Team Member #019(Mine)
    04 DTR Cd Changer, moon roof, heated seats, trunk organizor, McGard wheel locks,
    SS Inserts, Spoiler, tint, godshead stearing wheel badge, Badgless Grill & trunk, Densos & 180 t-stat, Megs Resonator Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40's, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, Superchips 9100 SCT tuner, JTL CAI, and 4.10's. (hers)
    67 Galaxie 500
    96 F250 EXT Cab 4X4 Pwerstroke
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible
    2005 Sportcoach Cross Country 376DS

Really nice...

How did you paint them?

On my Silver MM I'm going badgeless front and GodsHead rear...already have the center cap shaved and ready to go for the back...putting it on next week.
    Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

Gods head all around!
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by FiveO
    Really nice...

How did you paint them?

On my Silver MM I'm going badgeless front and GodsHead rear...already have the center cap shaved and ready to go for the back...putting it on next week.
    That sounds sweet!

I used the touch up spray paint. (1 can black, 1 can clear coat) Black is an easier color to match than silver IMO.

You will have to post pictures when it's done.

03 Marauder 300A, 6 CD Changer, tint, SS Inserts, McGard wheel locks, Full Stainless Works 3 inch exaust and long tube headers, DynoTech MMX driveshaft, Spoiler, Full godshead treatment, Mack & Marty fender badges, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, 4.10's, FIT/ProCharger Racing Team Member #019(Mine)
    04 DTR Cd Changer, moon roof, heated seats, trunk organizor, McGard wheel locks,
    SS Inserts, Spoiler, tint, godshead stearing wheel badge, Badgless Grill & trunk, Densos & 180 t-stat, Megs Resonator Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40's, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, Superchips 9100 SCT tuner, JTL CAI, and 4.10's. (hers)
    67 Galaxie 500
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible

When you say spray paint....what exactly do you mean?

Touch up paint?

Ford part number?

I'd almost be tempted to do a GodsHead front badge if I could paint it black....

Appreciate any info....!
    Silver 2004 Marauder

Hey Mark - you said "shaved" rear centercap. All you really need to do is carefully pry the entire grey plastic part off/out of it. If you leave the grey on it will "stick out" too much.

Leave the grey backing on - not the "teeth" - for the front badge because it is deeper and it will match up much better.

If you guys are going to make the badge(s) black, why not just go badgeless? Just curious. From the pics you can't tell what the blackened badge is unless you were standing a few feet from it.

-A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

Gotcha....

I shaved the teeth off but left the gray backing for the rear badge.

I'll pry the gray backing off and give it a try...thanks Andrew!

Mark....
    Silver 2004 Marauder

MARAUDER S/C #5 Guest
    To many Godsheads

I've seen one other that i liked but i can't find a picture of it.it's the back badge on merc's car that looks sharp.

Here's mine
    Last edited by MarauderMark; 07-07-2007 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teamrope
    Well, most of you have seen Mama's badgles DTR. I decided to go with the full Godshead badging on my black. I did it right after Mrs teamrope went badgless, and finally got around to taking pictures. I also blacked them out to match the rest of the car.

I like the GodsHead, but I like it polished.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis
    I like the GodsHead, but I like it polished.
    I agree, Maybe I'm use to seeing something there, but its missing something. But you have to do what you like, not what we like.

The chrome had to go. The first time I drove home from town and met Linda driving my MM from the other way, I almost mistook it for a VW Jetta!

67 Galaxie 500
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible

Thread Information