Thread: SCT Tuner is here, now what

SCT Tuner is here, now what

I just got the SCT Tuner 9100 from Dennis. He also emailed me two files, one is a program application the other is called SCTProgram.rar
    I opened the application & there are absolutely no instructions.
    What is my next step? I have the SCT connected to my home computer and nothing is happening.
    I am guessing I need to upload the program files Dennis sent me onto the SCT Tuner before I go down to the car. Is this correct?
    And how would I do it?
    And yes I searched. Dennis & SCT are closed right now.
    Wes
    Blue 300B Marauder

I'm just guessing here since I bought the full SCT 9100 ProRacer version (EEC flasher version) directly from SCT, and my "full-version" SCT Advantage tuning software came on a CD. The .rar extension is a file compression format. Go to download.com and search for a RAR encoder/decoder (extractor). Expand the file, install the application, and open the application once installed. Your 9100 is shipped blank. You'll need to get the SCT software up and running to load your custom files into the 9100 tuner via a serial port cable connected your PC's serial port (I had to buy a USB-to-serial adapter since I couldn't get my serial port functioning properly). IMPORTANT: Note that the security "dongle" goes between the tuner and the cable on the TUNER end. Once you load the 9100 up with some tuning file(s), depending which version you have of the 9100 tuner (chip burner or EEC flasher), you'll either burn your aftermarket chip using the 9100 tuner, or take the 9100 tuner to your car, connect the serial-to-OBDII cable to the OBDII port beneath the dash, and re-write your EEC's factory chip directly from the 9100.

I once suggested creating a separate forum here specific to SCT tuning issues where we all could share information, and possibly post custom tuning files (I've created about a dozen custom CRD1 files now) since the SCT tuner software and set-up is rather complicated. In my opinion, the supplied user documentation is woefully inadequate, and set-up documentation is completely non-existent.
    Last edited by studio460; 10-02-2004 at 12:36 PM.

2003 Mercury Marauder 300B, matte-black, S55 taillights.
    B&M transmission/Precision Industries TC; Eibach-lowered; Addco rear anti-sway; Metco rear control arms; Steeda UDP; 180° 'stat.

buckyboy Guest
    my tuner came from dennis ready to plug into car...yours isnt? did you check the tuner to make sure its not already downloaded?
    Quote Originally Posted by wesman
    I just got the SCT Tuner 9100 from Dennis. He also emailed me two files, one is a program application the other is called SCTProgram.rar
    I opened the application & there are absolutely no instructions.
    What is my next step? I have the SCT connected to my home computer and nothing is happening.
    I am guessing I need to upload the program files Dennis sent me onto the SCT Tuner before I go down to the car. Is this correct?
    And how would I do it?
    And yes I searched. Dennis & SCT are closed right now.

I will check it out tomorrow at the autoX
    Wes
    Blue 300B Marauder

IT is very simple just plug it into the diagnostic connector and follow the promps you do not need to Dissable the fuel system so when it asks you if it is just say yes, then it will store your stock read and then promnt you to load the files, I am on my way back I will be in the shop Tuesday Morning.

Poor Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Reinhart
    IT is very simple just plug it into the diagnostic connector and follow the promps you do not need to Dissable the fuel system so when it asks you if it is just say yes, then it will store your stock read and then promnt you to load the files, I am on my way back I will be in the shop Tuesday Morning.
    NO DISABLING of the fuel system by pulling that #5 fuse? OK... I have still been doing that as the warnings are dire about ruining your engine, but you're the expert.

I'll try it as soon as I get my car back from the paint shop.

Regards,

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar
    NO DISABLING of the fuel system by pulling that #5 fuse? OK... I have still been doing that as the warnings are dire about ruining your engine, but you're the expert.

I'll try it as soon as I get my car back from the paint shop.

Regards,

Norm
    Yeah, I've been pulling the fuel pump fuse too. Heh. Learn something new every day.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Thread Information