Thread: Hanging out with Dennis and the crew

Doug Loving Guest

Talking Hanging out with Dennis and the crew

(I just noticed I am listed as a Junior Member, I have not been a Junior anything in a long time)

I hope you will forgive me all, I do not yet have a Marauder, I will buy one next year, but I do have a much quicker Crown Vic thanks to Dennis.

I decided to visit my friend Dennis on Thursday of last week. We had closed the Pawn shop for the week so that all the employees could take a week off at the same time and I had some free time on my hands.

Dennis had made my Lincoln Mark VIII fly, so I figured he could help the Crown Vic. I left on Thursday morning and drove straight from my home in the Suburbs of Northern Virginia to his town of Orange Park Florida. Basically you get on I 95 south and keep going until you get to Jacksonville, make 2 rights and a left and you are there.

We met at the shop at 8:00, as usual, I brought the egg McMuffins. Artur, Short Guy and new man James were already hard at work with Dennis calling the shots.

We got to work on my car, but had a problem. There was no electricty in Detroit and we needed a program for my ECU and to handle the new Airbox and MAF. Dennis' call for help was answered around 1, just after lunch and I knew I would be able to leave that night to come home witha successful mission.

Around 11:00 as we were discussing optins Dennis asked if I woul drive one of the 3 Marauders he was working on to Circuit City. Well, since it had a Vortech supercharger and everything else that he sells on it, I figured SURE, WHAT THE HELL !! Now I really want one of these cars, this puppy just flies. I was truly impresssed, and I never really got to put my foot in it.

The workmanship under the hood was impressive, the engine was massive and the Vortech fit like it came from Mercury that way. With the cross drilled brakes, stopping was no problem.

I got a laugh from the Cop at the stopsign when 2 Blue 2003 Marauders pulled up side by side. He was facing us and looked like he wanted one too, (stupid crown vic) Dennis' tech James was driving Dennis' car, I had the client's car. I had ridden in Dennis' Mustang with the Vortech, but this was the first time I had driven a Marauder, much less a supercharged one. Oh *****, I guess I know where my money will be going next year.
    Last edited by Doug Loving; 08-17-2003 at 05:26 PM.

Doug - Welcome to the MM site. You came to the right place. Good info and nice folks.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Glad to have you with us Doug Loving, you will enjoy this site very much with out fail.
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

Become one of The Few, The Proud, The Marauder Owners!
    1965 FALCON WAGON
    1967 RANCHERO
    1968 MUSTANG GT FASTBACK
    2004 300B MARAUDER TRILOGY #127
    Retired 2003 300A MARAUDER
    NEW ADDITION! 1968 Shelby GT 350

Doug Loving Guest
    I am looking forward to the eventual purchase. I have owned some unusual cars in the past. My first, a 1969 Cougar with a 428 SCJ and nitrous in 1974, my most recent strange car, a 1989 Ford Crown Vic Wagon with a 5.0L HO motor from a Mustang GT. I am stagnant at 5 cars now, "What am I thinking!"

Thread Information