Thread: Meet and greet

Billatpro Guest

Meet and greet

All TC area Marauder owners, a few of us are getting together this Sat. the 20th at 4:30 to 5:00 pm at the Porky's drive-in in St Paul (on Univ. ave)The lot will fill up fast after that, A lot of really cool cars show up there. If you can make it we would like to see you there to say hello, have burger and tell some lies.

Billatpro Guest
    Well, come on guy's, you must be out there. You can email me to let know if you might make it billatpro@aol.com

I have a conflicting engagement but will try to do a quick drive by

Hope some others can make it too!

jta

2003 Marauder 300A
    --76 of 7838 208 of 7839
    --Born on 5/27/02
    --4:10 gears
    --SCT9100 Tuner (Lidio's Tune)
    --BFG KDW2 Tires (235/50 front; 255/55 rear)
    --12C spark plugs
    --Granatelli Connectors
    --Pro-Guard
    1976 Eldorado Convertible For Sale
    In line for a 2023 F-150 Lightning XLT

Marauderer Guest

Goodies

For those that can make it, their will be some goodies provided by Trilogy Motorsports!

Billatpro Guest
    Well how cool is that "Trilogy" rocks

Goodies

Guys,

I had the goodies overnighted to Bill. We sent some Trilogy Hot Rod calendars, mugs, Ennis T-Shirts, etc. If anyone wants more please let us know. I will shoot them to you a.s.a.p. Did not know how many to send, but if it is not enough, just let me know. Have a good weekend!

Oh, we create a couple of car calendars for our customers every year, you know, something to hang on the cubical or garage walls. A lot of Deuces, Street Rods, Sports Cars, etc. But, guess what car we are using next year????? It will be Black. It will be Supercharged. And, it will be coming to your house! Stay tuned!

Have a good one!

Billatpro Guest
    You are to kind Jerry, thanks a ton from us poor fools who can't make Enis! we won't feel so left out.

I am looking forward to meeting some other owners at last, if only briefly before I need to run.

I am happy to hear about the goodies as well. This site and its sponsors are really the best.

Wish I would have planned for Ennis this year. Hopefully it will be fun and will happen again next year.

jta

2003 Marauder 300A
    --76 of 7838 208 of 7839
    --Born on 5/27/02
    --12C spark plugs
    --Granatelli Connectors
    --Pro-Guard

Billatpro Guest
    Well, our meet and greet came off great, it was a pure pleasure to meet, Marauderer, Strider74, GarageMahal drove by before I could meet him but having 4 cars show ona whim was pretty damn good I'd say.

I have learned one more thing about this car, it can bring together people of all ages, sizes and races for a common interest. It was really nice meeting these people and I can't wait to do it again.

Oh and Marauderer and I got to beat the hell out of Striders Moded MM DR stage 1 and 4:10s OK,OK, I'm spending the money right now!

Marauderer Guest

What a great time!

Thanks BillatPro for setting this up!

Well we couldn't make it to Ennis, but we did manage to pull 4 Twin Cities Marauders together at a local Drive-In (Porkys - a weekend Hot Rod Hangout). It was incredible! We had our cars all lined up in a row amidst a dozen or two Hot Rods of varying styles and eras. The place was setup so that people could park all around and cruisers could loop through the lot and gawk or find a place to squeeze on in and look pretty too!

It was great to meet up with others that share your passion for your car, not to mention the dozens of people that stopped by to look, ask, touch, and take pictures! I know those guys at Ennis have to be having the time of their lives! We also got to compare the 300A and 300B side by side and found several minute differences other than the ones published to date (or at least that any of us there were aware of).

As for the Twin Cities area, we have it really good as the guys here are fantastic! Present were BillatPro, GarageMahal, Stryder74, and Marauderer. Like BillatPro said, as great and varied a bunch of guys as you have ever seen.

And yes did we get to hammer a little on Stryders Reinhart Stage I car. I can say this, if you are not going to go with a SC and want to pep up your car, buy this package like YESTERDAY. He let Billatpro and myself take it for a spin around the block and it was amazing at how much better the car feels. Now were not talking MM versus Mustang type of a difference, but geez does the car jump up and go! It feels more nimble, with crisp, smooth acceleration. It jumped up to 5k in first gear in a heart beat. We all commented on the fact that you noticed no drivability issues whatsoever, nothing that would make anyone question whether or not .410 was too low; it seemed completely natural and the way it should be.

Well, back to the Meet-n-Greet, it is just amazing how much appeal this car has. Person after person stopped by and wanted to know what it was and what it did. It was also as cool as hell to have people walking up and taking pictures of your car along with the OBVIOUS show stoppers that were there! You couldnt pry the smiles off our faces with a crowbar!

Now all we need is a few Super Chargers to show off and be able to WALK-THE_WALK instead of just sit around and look pretty Looks like we have prospects for both the Trilogy and Reinhart kits here in town, that will be awesome to reconvene at a later date and have the BIG DOGS walk by with their mouths open even wider than they do now when we pop our hoods!

With that said, a big extra special thanks goes out to Trilogy Motorsports and to Jerry Barnes personally. We emailed him just days before the meet and he was kind enough to overnight a supply of Shirts, Coffee Mugs, and Posters to help make this a very memorable get together. It is not very often that you will find someone that will go through that kind of expense for 4 or 5 people in little ole Minnesota on a moments notice; especially while they are getting ready to go out of town to meet 40+ in another state for a MAJOR event!

Notes to Self:

Note 1 - Do yourself a favor and ask BillatPro about his car show story, it is hilarious! He should post it in the Story Board!

Note 2 - It was funny to see an Impala SS kind of cruise through the lot. Iˇ¦m not sure if he was just passing through or if the sight of all those Marauders lined up was just too intimidating! Oh well, I kind of wish he would have stayed, I used to love that car and would have loved to see what he had under the hood!

Now for some Pics:

This first one (from left to right) is of GarageMahal, Stryder74, and Marauderer.

This next one is of Stryder74, Marauderer, BillatPro and his wife.

This last one is of Porkyˇ¦s itself:

Thanks guys for a great time!!!!!
    Last edited by Marauderer; 09-20-2003 at 09:37 PM.

Billatpro Guest
    Wow Bill I think we need appoint you the official "Story teller" of the TC Marauders. You told it all and all the pic's it just blows my mind to see this on sucha short notice on the fly deal and your right, Its was a blast!! Oh tell the wife to get her camera fixed, it makes me look really old, I'm much better looking in person.

The car show story, well about 2 months ago on a nice sat. the wife and I took a drive over to Porky's, we hadent been there in ages and not at all since getting the MM.
    While there and after fielding a 100 questions about "what the hell is that" One invited us to the ford picnic at the ford plant in St Paul on Sun Morning. Whith not much else to do we decided to drive on over and take a look around.
    Well we have never been there before and did not really know where we were going and We finally ended up entering at the other end of show parking lot about a quarter mile away. It was a warm day and the wife wanted to find the closest parking spot to the ropped off show area as possable, just as I was about to turn into the last parking row I noticed one of show workers waving his arms in the air and motioning me to come down to him, the wife says oh no he must think we are here to enter the car in the show, as got closer to him we could see a grin about mile wide and he motioned another worker to drop the ropes. When got toup him and buzzed the window down I told we wern't in the show we were just looking for closer parking spot. He says well you just got one and yes you sure as hell are in show, this first MM we have seen and your the only one here man so YOUR in the Show. We did end up being one of the focal points at the affair, it was fun to say the least.

Thanks for setting this up Billatpro. I wish I could have stayed long enough to meet you as well but has to make tracks to a wedding.

It was great chatting for the short time I was there and look forward to our next gathering.

jta

2003 Marauder 300A
    --76 of 7838 208 of 7839
    --Born on 5/27/02
    --12C spark plugs
    --Granatelli Connectors
    --Pro-Guard

Marauderer, I got your voicemail late Saturday afternoon and was out of town anyway (my mother-in-law passed away and we were at the funeral) else I would have been there. I would love to bring my supercharged Crown-Vic Sport to show the other Marauder owners here in the Twin Cities what's under the hood.

Please include me the next time you guys set this up again! I'd love to meet the rest of you! Glad you guys had a good time. Great pics!

Todd
    2001 Ford Crown Vic LX Sport
    • AED Intercooled Eaton M90s s/c @9 PSI
    • Fox Lake Stage 1 P&P Heads
    • BBK 75mm Throttle Body
    • Marauder airbox and 80mm MAF
    • Cobra heat exchanger & Lightning intercooler pump
    • Ford Trac-Loc w/ 3.27 gears
    • ADTR Stage 1 Intake tube

Thread Information