Thread: MAF for eaton swap

MAF for eaton swap

finishing up my eaton swap and my mechanic/tuner says he can use the stock MAF. On the parts list its states to get a cobra MAF, is the stock not going to work or what?

MAF for eaton swap

It will limit your power potential if it pegs out. For $80 shipped, a lightning 90MM MAF as well as a MAFia is cheap insurance against settling for low numbers.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

with stock about 355rwhp @ 10#
    better to do a burn-out than fade away

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    It will limit your power potential if it pegs out. For $80 shipped, a lightning 90MM MAF as well as a MAFia is cheap insurance against settling for low numbers.

Here here!!

Cheap insurance indeed!!

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Perfect, sounds like i need to tell him to install the lightning MAF

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post

Is a MAFia needed with a 90mm Maf to run around 450rwhp?

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

MAF for eaton swap

Paul, I was informed even before my first ever pull that the 90mm would peg around the 420 mark. Now I have seen one case (Lidio) on BADMERC's car, where it dynoed up to 465 with the MM MAF and nothing else, but every other car around the 400 range has needed a 90 mm MAF.

So to answer your question, I would personally install a 90mm without a thought and also shop around for a new sealed MAFia and leave it wrapped but at the ready incase its needed.

Saving small amounts of cash will cause severe bruises on your ass from kicking yourself repeatedly when you go home pissed off.

Look at me. I was "hoping" to see 400 RWHP on my first tune after driving with the Trilogy tune for a year.

I pulled 445 / 431....

All that took, and I mean all, was a 3.2 pulley, CAI, 90mm MAF, MAFia, and Flowmaster delta 50's. Back then, that was all I ever did other than the T kit.

My mouth hit the floor when I saw that, even more so when I took my test drive. Besides accidentally leaving my ECM to pull timing at 110* and making my car a total peace of rectal seepage for the first summer (thanks a MILLION Zack for finding the cause and setting to 150*!!!) I have been smiling for three years and watching the mileage rack up more than ever before AND saving fuel mileage!!!!

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thread Information