MercuryMarauder.net Forums    

Go Back   MercuryMarauder.net Forums > The Garage > Shop Talk

Shop Talk Visit Shop Talk for all your general technical discussions regarding the Marauder!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-27-2004, 06:27 AM
Rat's Avatar
Rat Rat is offline
Contributing Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northwest AR
Age: 81
Posts: 52
Trader: (0)
Question MMC Driveshaft

I can't get the search feature to work yesterday or this AM either don't know whether it's my Browser or the site. But my question is how can you tell the difference in a Dynotec Metal Matrix shaft and the original Marauder Shaft. The Tech that installed mine said that he couldn't tell any difference in the one he installed and the one that was in the vehicle. Just wondered if I might have been sent a stock driveshaft by mistake? It had stock marked on the outside of the box but it was a Dynotech Box. Is there any stamping on the shaft to identify it or do you just take someone's word for it.

Thanks:
Bob

Last edited by Rat; 01-27-2004 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-27-2004, 06:42 AM
martyo's Avatar
martyo martyo is offline
MO derator
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hiram, Georgia
Age: 56
Posts: 17,692
Trader: (27)
For one thing, there is a big sticker on the Dynotech shaft that says "Dynotech."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-27-2004, 06:51 AM
SergntMac's Avatar
SergntMac SergntMac is offline
Shelby GT X2--Back In Black
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Off-Shore America
Posts: 10,219
Trader: (1)
Stock driveshaft has color coded paint rings on it. Page through Logan's photo gallery, he used to have some pics of both parked somewhere in there.

If you bought a drive shaft through Dennis, it's not shipped from his shop. It comes directly from DynoTech.

Let us know what you find?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-27-2004, 06:57 AM
TAF TAF is offline
Closed
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,498
Trader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyo
For one thing, there is a big sticker on the Dynotech shaft that says "Dynotech."
The stock shaft also has a "harmonic balancer" on the front and 3 stripes in pink, orange and green....



Stock:



Dyno-Tech Driveshaft:

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-27-2004, 08:17 AM
Rat's Avatar
Rat Rat is offline
Contributing Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northwest AR
Age: 81
Posts: 52
Trader: (0)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergntMac
Stock driveshaft has color coded paint rings on it. Page through Logan's photo gallery, he used to have some pics of both parked somewhere in there.

If you bought a drive shaft through Dennis, it's not shipped from his shop. It comes directly from DynoTech.

Let us know what you find?
Mine has pink green green color codes on it. I can't get under the car
and I'll have to wait to get it to a Lift as we are having a winter ice storm here. But the Driveshaft was shipped from Dennis at his Orange Park facility. The best I can tell from memory is that the balancer on the front of the one in the car is not as large.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-27-2004, 09:14 AM
Rat's Avatar
Rat Rat is offline
Contributing Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northwest AR
Age: 81
Posts: 52
Trader: (0)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat
I can't get the search feature to work yesterday or this AM either don't know whether it's my Browser or the site. But my question is how can you tell the difference in a Dynotec Metal Matrix shaft and the original Marauder Shaft. The Tech that installed mine said that he couldn't tell any difference in the one he installed and the one that was in the vehicle. Just wondered if I might have been sent a stock driveshaft by mistake? It had stock marked on the outside of the box but it was a Dynotech Box. Is there any stamping on the shaft to identify it or do you just take someone's word for it.

Thanks:
Bob
I guess the mystery is solved I called Dennis and described the Drive Shaft I received and he said it was very simple that I had mistakenly got the wrong (Stock) drive shaft and that he would send me a drive shaft and also pay for getting it installed. Kinda hard to beat that. I certainly appreciate all your replies & help.

Bob
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-27-2004, 11:07 AM
junehhan junehhan is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cincinnati, OH USA
Age: 38
Posts: 841
Trader: (0)
Post

Out of curiosity, would you notice a difference in how smooth it is if you installed a metal matrix driveshaft?
__________________
2006 Silverstone AWD Chevy Trailblazer SS
-custom grind cam, kooks long tube headers, pcmformless tranny cooler, Vector CAI, Vector custom tune, Corsa catback, efans

2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder
-gone
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-27-2004, 11:22 AM
Rat's Avatar
Rat Rat is offline
Contributing Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northwest AR
Age: 81
Posts: 52
Trader: (0)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by junehhan
Out of curiosity, would you notice a difference in how smooth it is if you installed a metal matrix driveshaft?
I don't know you will have to ask Sarge or Taf or some of the guys that have got one. I just thought I had one but got sent a stock by mistake. For what they cost I hope it does. I mainly ordered one because of the 4:10 Gears and if someone else had it I wanted it too. That is the way kids are.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Police Driveshaft Mikeenh Community Discussion 116 11-18-2007 06:00 PM
Drive line Critical speed Dennis Reinhart Reinhart Automotive 42 07-12-2007 06:11 PM
MMC Driveshaft Locations Second Wind Shop Talk 9 12-12-2003 08:36 PM
Possible driveshaft vibration tomt41 Community Discussion 16 12-10-2002 11:57 PM
Aluminum driveshaft RCSignals Community Discussion 16 12-02-2002 07:24 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2017 - MercuryMarauder.net