Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front LCA Replacement - Need Yor Old Forward Bushing

Mevotech MS40401
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (Sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (Sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox

So are you confirming this is the correct part number?

So I went for it and ordered the MevoTech's off of EBay and they came in on Saturday. A word of advise is to only order one. It was not evident that they came it pairs on either Ebay or on MevoTech's website so I ordered two and ended up with two packages of two bushings so now I have a spare set. Anyhow, I pressed the old bushings out with the C-clamp rental tool from the parts store and they popped out in pretty good shape other than shaving off an o-ring of bushing. I put the OEM bushing next to one of the new ones and took pictures. I also mic'd them and they appear to be correct and I dropped one into the LCA and it dropped in as far as the OEM one does without pressing it in so that is also good. Based on the measurements and trial fitment I am going to go ahead and have the LCA's powder coated. I am also going to send one of the OEM bushings to the other manufacturer and see if they make it/stock it as well.

They came in the same type of packing but had different labels:

Side by side pics:

So here are the control arms all assembled. I F'd around with installing the ball joints and bushings for a few hours down at my dad's shop and finally called it a no go and took them to a local machine shop that has hot rods. $60 later here they are:

All in I have about $155 per control arm (includes the rear fleet bushing that mounts to the frame) which is less than the complete $250 FoMoCo units and a little more than the cheapest complete control arms that do not seem to have a fleet option and are aluminum. Will complete the assembly on the IFS next weekend and put it under the truck.

Lookin good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Love this!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information