Thread: Suffering Eagles fan

Suffering Eagles fan

Quote Originally Posted by chucky

Y'know what? That's as good an explanation as I've heard, ......yet.

They crucified Rush for telling the truth a couple of years ago.

Although, one gets the impression that T.O. is badly in need of counseling.

Mad4Macs Guest
    Suffering Eagles fans? You're joking, right? Move to Detroit and know the True Meaning of Despair!

right!

There are lots of teams who would trade quite a bit to have a QB this good. The Bears, for example.

Rush doesn't know what the hell he is talking about, as usual.

CAREER PASSING STATS
    Year Team G Cmp Att Pct Yds Yds/Att TD Int Sck Rtg
    1999 PHI 12 106 216 49.1 948 4.4 8 7 28 60.1
    2000 PHI 16 330 569 58.0 3365 5.9 21 13 45 77.8
    2001 PHI 16 285 493 57.8 3233 6.6 25 12 39 84.3
    2002 PHI 10 211 361 58.4 2289 6.3 17 6 28 86.0
    2003 PHI 16 275 478 57.5 3216 6.7 16 11 43 79.6
    2004 PHI 15 300 469 64.0 3875 8.3 31 8 32 104.8
    2005 PHI 9 211 357 59.1 2507 7.0 16 9 19 85.0
    Totals: 94 1718 2943 58.4 19433 6.6 134 66 234 84.1
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

GGGGRRRRRR!!!! I lost 7 points on Detroit yesterday....

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

Eagles...Yeah, I love Joe Walsh and Glenn Frey.

Hotel California is my favorite, greatest licks ever, with Stairway To Heaven like impact and endurance. Hear it once, never forget it, the licks stick, and play in your head forever.

The Long Run was their best album ever, and sadly, their last. And isn't that the way these thing go? Everyone in the Eagles pour on the love, just because "it's the last time I gotta do this crap with these azzholes!"

It was nice to see them all back together in their DVD concert Hell Freezes Over, but their accoustic version of Hotel California with a retarded tempo sucked, like it was some kind of Flamingo...Just not the same for me as the original radio version.

When you reflect on the titles and lyrics of the works included in The Long Run, it's clearly a "Dear John" letter to fans. Well, it was to me anyway. I knew something was unsaid, hanging in the shadows, the matte black textured album cover, with silver trim, spoke of a "family sickness" like mourning flags at the door. Like a Caddy station-wagon was about to pull up in front of the house to collect the dead.

I knew it was coming, just needed a date on the calendar, and permission to park the Caddy. They should have done what Roy Oribson did in his last "hoo-rah", Black and White Nights.

Throw a private party somewhere, get back up on stage and play your freakin azz off through all the great tunes and times, with friends like Jaskson Browne, T-Bone Burnett, Bruce Springsteen, Bonnie Raitt, k.d. lang, J.D. Souther, Elvis Costello, Tom Waites, Jennifer Warnes, and more, and with friends like Streisand, Cash, and Kristopherson, clapping hands, slapping knees, and pounding feet right along with you.

This was a very sweet way to not say good bye, but say "see y'all later." This was Roy's last concert, and I think he knew it. He did things right.

As I recall it, the first to do this "goodbye in a concert video" thingy was The Band, who actually made a feature film of the "blood shed in break-up" with their 1978 release of The Last Waltz, directed by Martin Scorsese.

Another great "smashing" lead-in from Levon Helm, Robbie Roberson, and Rick Danko, but their purpose was clear, and destination known. It's over, time to pay up bills, divide up property, share assets and move out, and move on.

Thanks to friends like Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, Neil Diamond, Emmylou Harris, Muddy Waters, Ringo Starr, Ron Wood, Doctor John, Paul Butterfield, and Ronnie Hawkins, all playing with them, or, watching them, come to share in this...Wake.

One of The Band's most famous tunes, which starts off with very bold notes and some clean, hard and snappy percussion that lead into lyrics that sing "when I get off of this mountain...", I gotta just go.

I got to launch. Launch hard, hit second hard, maybe third, but I'm gone as hard as I can be gone.

One of these days, I'll end up "in custody" for this kind of crap on a city street and I'll deserve it. But, it's The Band and this tune, that propels me. Lord, I pray for relief from your timing of all things human and gas pedal interactive.

This tune is the tune that plays in my head when my personal evil, my "silver Cobra" appears next to me. I dream about that car pulling up next to me at the light (on the street, or, at the track). The tune will be in my head, but Gawd forbid if its also really playing inside my MM.

You're toast, dude. You will not overcome my MM. Sherlock Holmes spent his life chasing evil embodied in his mysterious and elusive "Professor James Moriarty", but I am not Holmes. I am not Doctor Watson, nor is Zack. You are not Moriarty, but, you will be toast at the green. Sorry, but I am not "sorry" at all, here, K? You're toast, dude. Deal with it.

All the bands mentioned here held funerals, and all were private affairs. Only the Eagles came back from the grave, lucky them?

Neat stuff, eh? I love having DVD in my MM dash...

Excuse me, my e-mail is being pesky....Ummm...Okay. I'm back.

No...I don't do football. Wrong "Eagles."

Nevermind.
    Last edited by SergntMac; 11-25-2005 at 05:32 PM.

Now thats funny..

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    Eagles...Yeah, I love Joe Walsh and Glenn Frey. ....
    with Stairway To Heaven like impact and endurance. Hear it once, never forget it, the licks stick, and play in your head forever..

Um, .....except that one was Lead Zep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Poore
    Um, .....except that one was Lead Zep.
    You missed the key word.....

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    Eagles...Yeah, I love Joe Walsh and Glenn Frey. ....
    with Stairway To Heaven like impact and endurance. Hear it once, never forget it, the licks stick, and play in your head forever..

Quote Originally Posted by MM03MOK
    You missed the key word.....
    So I missed a word in his essay.

Stop taking up for him.

You're just mad 'cause I know how to fix the shoutbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Poore
    So I missed a word in his essay.

Stop taking up for him.

You're just mad 'cause I know how to fix the shoutbox.
    YA? Who told you how to fix it and how to post smilies in Shoutbox? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by MM03MOK
    YA? Who told you how to fix it and how to post smilies in Shoutbox? Huh? Huh? Huh?

You did.

Thread Information