For some odd reason, the rear tires seem to wear faster than the fronts, on all my vehicles... I wonder why?

So the fronts will last for quite some time, but the rears were in really rough shape. I know most here go with the BFG KDW2, but I was searching for a compromise between performance and all-season capabilities... I ended up going with a pair of Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdges (255-55-18). Linky-linky

Here they are, ready to be mounted on the wheels:

I haven't had a chance to really test these out yet - It's been raining off-and-on, since I installed them... One thing's for sure, these tires DEFINITELY handle the wet roads better than the stock BFGs. Eevn at a deadstop in the rain, I have to really press down the throttle to kick in the traction control. Hopefully, dry traction will also impress me as much.

The installer put 40# in the tires, but that seems high, to me. Temps are about 40-45 right now, so once they heat up, that pressure must be going high than that, too. For those with 255-55-18's on back, what tire pressure do you go with?

In the meantime, here are some quick pictures (sorry for quality - it's just my camera phone):

PS - What would a tire replacement thread be, without a burnout on the old hides:

(click image for video)