Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Errors Connecting to MM.Net?

Errors Connecting to MM.Net?

A few members have mentioned that they're getting errors in trying to connect and after logging in, using "New Posts."

The error may direct you to Register.com, or 500 Error message, or
    Error

Couldn't find address for www.mercurymarauder.net:

There is nothing wrong with the MM.Net website. You can confirm that it isn't the MM.Net server if you're able to get to http://www.mercurycougar.net/ or http://www.talonclub.com/ which also reside on our server.

Try rebooting your DSL modem and or router (if applicable) - then try
    flushing your DNS cache - you can see how to do that here
    http://www.tech-faq.com/flush-dns.shtml Also, delete your cookies and temporary Internet files. You may also reboot the computer.

AOL Users, this issue has been escalated to AOL. They've stated they are having an issue. It will take AOL up to 72 hours to fix this.

Jim Geary was able to work through this yesterday by flushing the DNS.
    MOK

|Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|

--------------------------

I don't brake for curves!

The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

but the voice is the chariot to the heavens

I have pulled my hair out and have NONE, this started last night I am slow getting on and I am redirected and its drove me nuts, I talked to Mary she said I was crazy LOL, so this was on my home PC so I came to work today and guess what, the excat same thing, it does not do this on Internet Exp or Netscape, only on AOL, so I callled them was on hold for 10 min got some one from India hung up and tried again, and it is in AOL, they got a supervisor on the phone and have set a case # to this and have a esculated work request this may take up to 72 hours to fix.
    Last edited by Dennis Reinhart; 01-09-2007 at 01:49 PM.

I put your azzes in miserable`mode

No seriously, I have had no problems!!

I will get you and your DOG to

For some reason I have problems when using my laptop at home. I get the redirect when using www.mercurymarauder.net, but I get to the site when only typing mercurymarauder.net, without the www. I've cleared my cache and history. I haven't tried resetting the modem. No problems here at work though.
    -Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052

Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it. See here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Reinhart View Post
    I will get you and your DOG to
    Great!!! he will love you since you are shaped like a FIREPLUG!!

Btw

Big dog is as sick as,,,welll, a DOG. He has the flu and would have to get better to die. Please extend get well soon wishes to the big-guy.

Sully are you using AOL,

and Dan give it a rest or I will tell the club about how the kittie cats kept trying to bury you when you played un the sand box as a kid

I was thinking about this issue and am wondering if it has the same root problem as USAFsniper's been dealing with in Korea? Could there be a new protocol for spam or security filter instituted by various servers that's causing the trouble?

There seem to be issues with AOL, and I know there's something going on with Verizon, because I can not get past my mail server's security which they've just instituted, to email our son & family in Ohio. When I went to another account/server, it works just fine, thanks to Mary's help.

I guess they're just trying to save us from ourselves. Too bad it always goes down to the lowest common denominator.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Poore View Post
    I was thinking about this issue and am wondering if it has the same root problem as USAFsniper's been dealing with in Korea? Could there be a new protocol for spam or security filter instituted by various servers that's causing the trouble?

Have any modicications to the Server, or it's Firewall, Router...whatever, been performed in the last few days?

KillJoy

I know Mike Heckman who has BellSouth had problems last night. If anyone else has problems, please chime in and we will direct our server admin try to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Poore View Post
    I was thinking about this issue and am wondering if it has the same root problem as USAFsniper's been dealing with in Korea?
    Not the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by KillJoy View Post
    Have any modicications to the Server, or it's Firewall, Router...whatever, been performed in the last few days?

KillJoy
    Doug confirmed we are not having issues. If you can easily go to the Cougar or Talon website, our server is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MERCMAN View Post
    If anyone else has problems, please chime in and we will direct our server admin try to figure it out.
    ^^^
    MOK

|Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|

--------------------------

I don't brake for curves!

The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

but the voice is the chariot to the heavens

When this happens it also does it on the other site. It can be ok and suddenly appear and a couple of hours later its gone. Been going on for a couple of weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by johnkuhn View Post
    When this happens it also does it on the other site.

Which "other site"?

KillJoy

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Reinhart View Post
    I have pulled my hair out and have NONE, this started last night I am slow getting on and I am redirected and its drove me nuts, I talked to Mary she said I was crazy LOL, so this was on my home PC so I came to work today and guess what, the excat same thing, it does not do this on Internet Exp or Netscape, only on AOL, so I callled them was on hold for 10 min got some one from India hung up and tried again, and it is in AOL, they got a supervisor on the phone and have set a case # to this and have a esculated work request this may take up to 72 hours to fix.
    i am a aol user - getting redirected too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information