Thread: Fuse

Fuse

Hey guys I have a question what can cause the 30 amp fuse to pop under the hood when I kick on the ac the steering pump stops working (steering wheel gets really stiff) and my speedometer stops working? Thank you guys in advance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

First i would swap the ac compressor relay and see if the issue is resolved, it may be a wet or bad relay for that circuit.

power wire short to ground is what causes fuses to blow.

I would unplug one connector at the compressor, then turn on the ac and see if it still blows the fuse or not. If it did blow the fuse, i would look at the wires and check short to ground, check wire to ground connectivity.

If the wire is connected to ground, check the book and see if it is a ground wire or a power wire. If its a power wire, and its grouned, then there is the issue.

I can only assume that the ac compressor has more than one wire connector on it, you might have to try the other connectors.

I dont think the clutch is bad in the ac causing this issue, i wonder if you can ohm out the electric clutch on the ac compressor and see if it is fubar. I really dont know, its a start. Start with the relay first.
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    First i would swap the ac compressor relay and see if the issue is resolved, it may be a wet or bad relay for that circuit.

I would unplug one connector at the compressor, then turn on the ac and see if it still blows the fuse or not. If it did blow the fuse, i would look at the wires and check short to ground, check wire to ground connectivity.

If the wire is connected to ground, check the book and see if it is a ground wire or a power wire. If its a power wire, and its grouned, then there is the issue.

I can only assume that the ac compressor has more than one wire connector on it, you might have to try the other connectors.

I dont think the clutch is bad in the ac causing this issue, i wonder if you can ohm out the electric clutch on the ac compressor and see if it is fubar. I really dont know, its a start. Start with the relay first.
    Will try that dont know too much about cars but you explained it pretty good sir..

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post

Swapped out the air bag compressor and that did it man I'm guessing the compressor was going bad and a short somewhere

Thread Information