Thread: Does anybody know how to remove the overhead console?

Does anybody know how to remove the overhead console?

I am trying to take my overhead console off to hard wire my radar detector (no, I never speed ) but can not figure out how it comes down.
    I took off the screw in front of the compass and the two in the sunglasses compartment but it is still held tight. I tried removing the dome lamp and map lamp lenses but they won't budge (I wonder what people do when they have to change a bulb..?).

Any suggestions?

Just searched using the words "remove overhead console" and found this for you... http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18990&highlig ht=remove+overhead+console

and this

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13992&highlig ht=remove+overhead+console

Despite recent stray reports...the Search function does work well.
    Last edited by TAF; 08-13-2005 at 06:30 PM.

Sorry, I should have searched. I honestly didn't assume that anyone had had that issue before. I half expected that I would have to go through one of those key on, key off routines like when deactivating the autolocks...

I guess as a mechanical engineer that makes a living working on Ford interiors, I should have known that if it didn't budge I should just use more force. My employers biggest rival makes the console so I should have know...

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz
    Sorry, I should have searched. I honestly didn't assume that anyone had had that issue before. I half expected that I would have to go through one of those key on, key off routines like when deactivating the autolocks...

I guess as a mechanical engineer that makes a living working on Ford interiors, I should have known that if it didn't budge I should just use more force. My employers biggest rival makes the console so I should have know...
    No problem asking Ozz...if some one hadn't in the past there would be no link for Tad to post.
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz

No worries.. some folks LOVE to remind folks to search. I am challenged like you, and find the search function unfriendly at best. Besides, the cars have been out so long now... if everyone used the search function, there would be no new posts!

AzMarauder
    Sierra Vista, Arizona

2003 Marauder 300A
    Black
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial # 105
    Installed 9/30/2005 - 10/6/2005

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
    Detonator Yellow

1967 Ford Fairlane, 428CJ, 5spd, running dual quads.

Thread Information