Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: California Central Coast Mini Meet June 2019

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by N40GL View Post
    We're still coming! See you at the Madonna Inn!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    I am still at 50%... Trying to make it happen.

Grant
    We did a dry run of our mini meet on Monday. It was a lot of fun! Mark, we'll see you guys for dinner Friday night. Can't wait! Grant, sure hope you can join us! There is so much to do that it will be a jam packed day. And the weather is looking great!

On Saturday June 22 we will meet at the Madonna Inn parking lot at 10 am. Look for a Silver Birch Kenny Brown Marauder, a red Mini Cooper and my rental a bright red Toyota Corolla with black wheels. (sorry about that!) We should leave at 10:30 sharp to drive to the Pacific Coast Highway stopping in Cuyuocos for 30 minutes or so then on to wine tasting in Harmony followed by lunch in Cambria at the Moonstone Grill. Just ate there on Monday and food and ocean view were great! After lunch we drive across scenic Highway 46 with gorgeous views of Morro Bay to Paso Robles where we will make a left turn onto Vineyard Road and head through some seriously beautiful twisties to end up at Holter Ranch Vineyards and their fabulous tasting room on top of a hill will views for miles. Next stop in Paso Robles is Firestone-Walker Brewery with tasting rooms and gift shops. After that we need to be at Barrel House Brewery in Tin City by 4:15 pm, just a short drive away where we will have dinner at a great food truck, sit outside and listen to some live rock & roll. There's a creamery for ice cream, hard cider tasting and lots of other shops to look at until you're tired and ready to call it a night.

*Bring camp chairs in case we don't snag a picnic table at Barrel House. If you plan to join us in progress it would be great if you can let me know, otherwise we may decide to change up the itinerary from what I just posted and you won't find us. Please PM me if you need my cell number or to give me yours. Hope to see some local guys too!
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Well other than N40GL I'm at a loss as to who's coming. So, if you are coming on Saturday we will meet in the parking lot of the Madonna Inn in SLO at 10am. We will try to get a start around 10:30 am heading up Highway 1 toward Morro Bay. If you arrive late we are planning to have lunch in Cambria at the Moonstone Grille over looking the Pacific, probably get up there between 12noon and 1pm after a few stops along the way.
    If you are coming Friday or you think you will arrive Saturday after say... 10:15amish PM me for my cell #, and we can see where we can meet up. We will be at the Madonna for the party previously posted in post #46 Friday evening.

For those who wanted to come, but life just isn't cooperating I'm out on the left coast a couple times a year visiting family, so maybe we can put something together in the future.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Just making a final check on what looks to be a micro-mini meet, LOL! We're looking forward to dinner tonight at Madonna Inn Steak House at 7:30 pm. We'll be leaving from the Madonna Inn parking lot tomorrow morning at 10:30 am. Doesn't look like anyone else is coming but LA and JAM will represent and we can always try this again another time.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Well the first Central Coast Mini-Marauder meet is in the books and we had a great time!! I will post up pics of the day by the end of the week so you can see some of the places we went. We loved having N40GL and Michele who drove up from LaLa land in his Kenny Brown SB! He got lots of attention from people everywhere we went! My sister provided the zippy red Mini Cooper and Rosey and I brought up the rear in my rental Corolla. We actually had more things planned to do than time to do them. The day was beautiful, the ocean was spectacular, the beach towns were adorable, the food was amazing the roads were so much fun to drive on and the wine tasting was world class. The only thing that was missing (besides the love of my life) was more Marauders. Would have enjoyed meeting some of you local guys for sure. Rosey and I are heading home tomorrow but we'll be back on the Central Coast again one of these days. (Hopefully with Mr. Man.) So later, dudes!
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Sorry, can't get any pics to upload after trying for hours so guess you had to be there.....sorry. It's frustrating because we did a lot and had some great pics to share.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

We had a GREAT time with you folks, as always. We can't wait to do it again! Thanks for setting it all up.

You other people missed some great wine tasting. And really good cookies. And steaks and a birthday cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Denmark View Post
    Sorry, can't get any pics to upload after trying for hours so guess you had to be there.....sorry. It's frustrating because we did a lot and had some great pics to share.

"That's what." - She

Kenny Brown Mercury Marauder 'S' - Kenny Brown Signature Edition #10 of 10
    Silver Birch #126 of 4,453
    Mercury Division, Ford Motor Company, Panther/Marauders #7,221 of 7,839

MercuryMarauder.Net Member #111 (!)

California pics

Pictures from June 22 2019 Central Coast meet
    NG40L, Michele, Ms.D's sister and her husband who had the red Mini at the Madonna Inn(Fri)

Only picture the site will allow me to upload. All others site says "upload failed"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mr. Man; 06-27-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Sorry I wasn't able to attend, and also that I've been MIA. Broke the timing chain driving to work about 2 months ago, so, needless to say the MM is out of commission for a hot min.

Quote Originally Posted by blkdvll View Post
    Sorry I wasn't able to attend, and also that I've been MIA. Broke the timing chain driving to work about 2 months ago, so, needless to say the MM is out of commission for a hot min.
    We would have been happy to see you there! We had a great time and hope to do it again with more West coast guys able to join us so we'll see you another time. Sorry to hear about your MM issues.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information