Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tire recommendations ?

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    255-45-18 front, no issues turning, rubbing..my car is lowered and they still don't interfere.
    Thanks, good to know. I went with the OEM size last time which are wearing well (with Carfixer’s alignment specs), but think I’ll go with this size next time.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    I have the KDS, Nitto Motivo's, Nitto G2, and General on for panthers.

The G2 are hard and loud... Unreasonably so, compared to all others and not befitting our big sedans. Not a fan at all. Have been contemplating changing out tires, and putting the G2 on a car I don't drive often.
    I have the 235-50 stock Nitto 555’s on the front, but don’t know if they make anything but G2’s now. I’m a fan of Nittos in general, and will see if the 295’s I’m considering are G2’s or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    i have the 285s on a few marauders with stock width wheels, everyone on this site says they cause the car to sway and not ride right.

Cars ride and drive fine, i take corners fairly quick and never have i had the rear end shift around like some here bizch about.

i would load a picture, but this site isnt loading pictures anymore
    Yea, I'd love a pic too! My old 285s are still good for burnout competition at my local track, but they were replaced on my widened rims by Nitto NT05Rs. I'd love to mount them on stock rims (I have a spare pair) if they would stay on factory rims!

1 of 170 '04 SB w/sunroof, light flint int.

MOD HISTORY:
    -Lidio's Xcal2 flash, JLT CAI
    -Trilogized June/08 (mostly installed by RC_Signals)
    13.2@103 on stock (balding) tires.
    -Added: SW Long tube Headers + High Flow Cats
    -New BFGs (Best Baby Shower gift EVER!)
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112-
    -Widened rims
    XCal 4 Remote-tuned to PERFECTION by Jeff @ MartyO June/19

Tire recommendations ?

Quote Originally Posted by Taemian View Post
    Yea, I'd love a pic too! My old 285s are still good for burnout competition at my local track, but they were replaced on my widened rims by Nitto NT05Rs. I'd love to mount them on stock rims (I have a spare pair) if they would stay on factory rims!
    Trouble is that although you are 1.6” wider than OEM with that rear size, you are 6/10” taller, so if you have stock fronts your front to back ratio is 7.2%.

If you have the .80” wider 255-45-18’s fronts mentioned here and go to 285-50’s rear, then you jump nearly a full percentage point to 8.1% front to back difference, which is a factor if you have traction control.

I love the look of these though, but with TC and planning on going with those lower wider fronts next time, for now I’ll have to stay close to OEM height for the rears.

Last edited by Svashtar; 07-02-2019 at 02:05 AM.
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

i thought the 420s hooked good compare to the stockers.

Tire recommendations ?

Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Nitto states they are for 9-11.5" wide wheels. Ours are 8" wide.

They fit in the same way the stance kids fit 225 width tires on a 10" wide wheel. It "fits".

Discount tire seems to claim they have 265/50/18's in stock (option is not greyed out like other sizes)

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/b...-nt555-extreme
    I checked, hoping to get lucky, but although they list them their plan is to order them direct from Nitto on behalf of the customer. The rep even called Nitto for me to confirm they are out of stock. Bottom line, Nitto just didn’t sell enough of them to keep the size.

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    Trouble is that although you are 1.6” wider than OEM with that rear size, you are 6/10” taller, so if you have stock fronts your front to back ratio is 7.2%.

If you have the .80” wider 255-45-18’s fronts mentioned here and go to 285-50’s rear, then you jump nearly a full percentage point to 8.1% front to back difference, which is a factor if you have traction control.

I love the look of these though, but with TC and planning on going with those lower wider fronts next time, for now I’ll have to stay close to OEM height for the rears.

Yea, I did all the math before going 255 front and 305 rear (on widened rims) last week. I just wanted to know if I could sucessfully use my 285 with an extra set of stock rims I have for a burnout competition. :-)

1 of 170 '04 SB w/sunroof, light flint int.

MOD HISTORY:
    -Lidio's Xcal2 flash, JLT CAI
    -Trilogized June/08 (mostly installed by RC_Signals)
    13.2@103 on stock (balding) tires.
    -Added: SW Long tube Headers + High Flow Cats
    -New BFGs (Best Baby Shower gift EVER!)
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112-
    -Widened rims
    XCal 4 Remote-tuned to PERFECTION by Jeff @ MartyO June/19

Quote Originally Posted by Taemian View Post
    Yea, I did all the math before going 255 front and 305 rear (on widened rims) last week. I just wanted to know if I could sucessfully use my 285 with an extra set of stock rims I have for a burnout competition. :-)
    Cool! Well you’ve got the tires for it now. That’s a lot of rubber under the car.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information