Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A recently closed thread

A recently closed thread

I suggest that this thread be closed/deleted. This sort of thing just attracts the trolls and can bring out the worst in our members.

What's it got to do with Marauders anyway?
    I won't try to defend the discussion in the recently closed thread. I will just say, again, that I hope this isn't (but wonder if it is) the attitude that prevails when MM owners get together. Are we saying that to be a MM owner one must renounce all opinions others than those involving the Marauder?

With all due respect, what an ordinary, dreary thought.

hitchhiker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MapleLeafMerc
    I won't try to defend the discussion in the recently closed thread. I will just say, again, that I hope this isn't (but wonder if it is) the attitude that prevails when MM owners get together. Are we saying that to be a MM owner one must renounce all opinions others than those involving the Marauder?

If you are referring to the thread that I think you are. I am glad that Logan closed it. It was growing worse by the hour. Let's hope it will at least be a while before another political thread is started here.

Best Regards,

David

Patrick Guest
    I agree and to all and lets move on!!!!!

Damnit! Again, I missed ALL the action!

2003 Mercury Marauder 300B, matte-black, S55 taillights.
    B&M transmission/Precision Industries TC; Eibach-lowered; Addco rear anti-sway; Metco rear control arms; Steeda UDP; 180° 'stat.

Patrick Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NBC Shooter
    Damnit! Again, I missed ALL the action!
    Be glad you DID!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what thread you guys are talking about, but I think that people who don't like threads that other people start should just yield to those other members who happen to like such threads and stay out of it. You guys who start suggesting that certain threads be deleted, do you think you own this board? What is your problem? If you don't like it, then don't read it.

If Logan wants to delete something, than he will do so w/out your complaining. Why can't you guys just back off and relax? Live your life the way you see fit, and let others live theirs. What is so hard about that?
    Last edited by BillyGman; 06-10-2004 at 02:45 AM.

Patrick Guest
    I belive this thread was the one " Your being watched" Sorry I had to bring up the name. But I know its not your thread Billy. That thread got out of hand in my opinion. I respect EVERYONES opinions on this forum but politics and religon can get out of hand. And It did. Thats why Logan shut it down. Not speaking for him just my 2 cents!

Patrick, my previous statements still stand regardless of what threads were being spoken of. If anyone wants to disagree, or politely debate someone else in any particular thread, then that's fine. but if not, then they should just stay out of it and mind their own business!!! Why certain people think their is a need or atvantage in passing judgement on other members is beyond me. there's simply NO reason for that period. People need to accept the fact that not everybody will think like them, and that doesn't neccessarily make those other people wrong either.

So those who have appointed themselves judges over others should remove the beam out of their eye before concerning themselves w/the splinter in someone else's eye.

Patrick Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    Patrick, my previous statements still stand regardless of what threads were being spoken of. If anyone wants to disagree, or politely debate someone else in any particular thread, then that's fine. but if not, then they should just stay out of it and mind their own business!!! Why certain people think their is a need or atvantage in passing judgement on other members is beyond me. there's simply NO reason for that period. People need to accept the fact that not everybody will think like them, and that doesn't neccessarily make those other people wrong either.

So those who have appointed themselves judges over others should remove the beam out of their eye before concerning themselves w/the splinter in someone else's eye.
    Well said!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman

We all have opinions and like them to be heard, especially when we feel strongly about a subject. Then again we need to be able to discuss these topics with out the name calling and bashing that goes along with it. If you don't like a particullar Thread don't get involved in the discussion going on just ignore it.

There were many things that were said that I am certain that the individuals that wrote them now regret writting it. There were things that I was going to write that after I read what I had wrote decided to edit out of my post. For I surely would have made an a$$ out of my self, but don't we all remember the so called censorship thread that was going on two months ago and how everyone one was discussing the pros and cons of censorship in the media. It is Logans decision whether a Thread is CLOSED or not and so far he has been doing a good job.

So if you do not like the content of a Thread don't join in the discusion or if you think it has gone too far just don't Post on it anymore.

We all have a choice in our lives the choice to say "NO".
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Quote Originally Posted by MapleLeafMerc

I'm the one that posted the suggestion to close the "You're being watched" thread. I stand by it. Anybody got a problem with that please feel free to PM me.

I wasn't passing judgment - just stating my own OPINION that the thread had gone too far and broken down into personal attacks and name calling. I just don't want to see this board go down the tubes like so many others.

And no, I don't think we have to shelve any opinions not Marauder related. That last bit of my posting was meant as a light-hearted way to remind us all of why we came here in the first place.
    04 Marauder 300A - Dark Toreador Red - STOCK - 1 of 980
    Build date: 11/17/2003 - Delivered: 03/24/2004
    Heated Seats - CD Changer - Trunk Org. - SS Inserts - JLT CAI - McGard Locks
    Gone but not forgotten...
    03 Marauder 300A - Black

Quote Originally Posted by Macon Marauder
    I'm the one that posted the suggestion to close the "You're being watched" thread. I stand by it. Anybody got a problem with that please feel free to PM me.

I wasn't passing judgment - just stating my own OPINION that the thread had gone too far and broken down into personal attacks and name calling. I just don't want to see this board go down the tubes like so many others.

yup, until that point it was an interesting debate.

ding ding ding on all counts as to why the thread was closed.

It was getting out of hand, getting personal, and politics and religion have nothing to do with Marauders and any discussion of such without fail gets heated up.

I don't mind people discussing them so much as much as I mind the conversations getting personal and inflammatory.

So there ya go. Like it or lump it, it don't matter to me.

One of the problems in maintaining a community like this is that many people who get offended don't say anything, they just drift away. The requires a moderator to act quickly and decisively. I think that Logan does this well, I'm still here after all. I'm as politically insensitive as anyone, and I believe that y'all who don't think just like I do are just wrong. But, the Marauder community should be a place where I can forget how wrong some of you are and just discuss cars.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

I just WISH the folks who get offended by my moderating just drift away. They never do though, I end up getting tormented for days and called every damn name under the sun before they finally figure out the awesome power of my almighty buttons...

Then, once they've calmed down, realize I'm generally being reasonable, sneak back onto the site under a different name and keep their mouth shut. And while obvious, and not fooling me, is perfectly acceptable.

Out of the 20 people I've banned, there's at least 8 or 9 that re-registered and have since kept their attitudes to themselves. Props to them for behaving like adults the second time around.
    Last edited by Logan; 06-10-2004 at 07:03 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information