Thread: Key FOB

Key FOB

Hey Guys,

My father in law put me in charge of buying him a car. He left it wide open by handing me a stack of cash and told me to buy him as much car for the money as I can. Long story short, I found a spotless 02 Florida grand marquis with 47k miles. Only paid $3200. I really want it for myself...lol

Anyway, it didn’t come with a remote. I tried programming a remote from my marauder but I couldn’t get it to work. My question is, it possible it wasn’t an option? I thought this was standard equipment but I could be wrong.
    -2003 Marauder Black 300A Eaton swapped
    -2003 Redfire Mustang Cobra Convertible VMP Gen II
    -2007 GT500 VMP Gen II
    -1990 Fox Notchback. HCI/Supercharged
    -1995 Thunderbird SC
    -1996 Bronco 460 EFI Conversion. 9" Lift 35" BFG
    -1999 F350 Super duty 7.3
    -1989 Lesabre T-type
    -2007 Cadillac DTS
    -2012 Cadillac Escalade
    -2015 Challenger Hellcat Sublime green A8

Is yours a GS?

My 2006 Grand Marquis GS has no remotes.Also, has cruise control buttons on the steering wheel, but no cruise! funny thing is: 2006 was the first year of throttle by wire--in other words any car dealer can log into the PCM and flip it on, but I heard it costs $100 bucks for them to do that.

2002 is the last year of the old frame/steering....no rack/pinion. might have the all nylon intake manifold--if so -- want to get that replaced at some point . I always thought my 2000 GM rode a little better than the newer ones 2003-2011, but the newer ones are little more responsive in the handling dept. You did good.

Quote Originally Posted by Maraudermike1 View Post
    Hey Guys,

My father in law put me in charge of buying him a car. He left it wide open by handing me a stack of cash and told me to buy him as much car for the money as I can. Long story short, I found a spotless 02 Florida grand marquis with 47k miles. Only paid $3200. I really want it for myself...lol

Anyway, it didn’t come with a remote. I tried programming a remote from my marauder but I couldn’t get it to work. My question is, it possible it wasn’t an option? I thought this was standard equipment but I could be wrong.
    For what i know, if the car is that old, has a touch pad then the existing DDM driver door module will accept fobs. BUT, it is NOT the same fob as the marauder.. you must use the appropriate FOB for the 02 cause the 03 is NOT the same part or part number. I see this quite a bit. Anyway, i have a bunch of fobs, i have 95 up, cheap too.. If you can google what the part number on the back of the fob is supposed to be, i can search if i have them. I have over 50 of them for fords.
    Now, did you watch the video on how to do the 02 fob program, i just wonder if its user error.
    Bryan
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Agent2006 View Post
    Is yours a GS?

My 2006 Grand Marquis GS has no remotes.Also, has cruise control buttons on the steering wheel, but no cruise! funny thing is: 2006 was the first year of throttle by wire--in other words any car dealer can log into the PCM and flip it on, but I heard it costs $100 bucks for them to do that.

2002 is the last year of the old frame/steering....no rack/pinion. might have the all nylon intake manifold--if so -- want to get that replaced at some point . I always thought my 2000 GM rode a little better than the newer ones 2003-2011, but the newer ones are little more responsive in the handling dept. You did good.
    Your car has no touch pad, you can add the correct DDM and get remotes to work on it, just buy the non cop car DDM. i most likely have it, i do not sell non touch pad DDMs, they are useless.
    This is what i have researched too. Typically just youtube search DDM add to P71, then you swap the 40.00 DDM and add remotes. Its that easy
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

The car isn't a GS, it's a base model, not even a CD player. The car has no touch pad so it sounds like it won't accept remotes. I would have never figured this out on my own... I didn't know the Marauder remote wouldn't work either. It's been an educational morning for me. lol
    -2003 Marauder Black 300A Eaton swapped
    -2003 Redfire Mustang Cobra Convertible VMP Gen II
    -2007 GT500 VMP Gen II
    -1990 Fox Notchback. HCI/Supercharged
    -1995 Thunderbird SC
    -1996 Bronco 460 EFI Conversion. 9" Lift 35" BFG
    -1999 F350 Super duty 7.3
    -1989 Lesabre T-type
    -2007 Cadillac DTS
    -2012 Cadillac Escalade
    -2015 Challenger Hellcat Sublime green A8

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    Your car has no touch pad, you can add the correct DDM and get remotes to work on it, just buy the non cop car DDM. i most likely have it, i do not sell non touch pad DDMs, they are useless.
    This is what i have researched too. Typically just youtube search DDM add to P71, then you swap the 40.00 DDM and add remotes. Its that easy

You don't even need a new DDM, you can hex edit the DDM that's in the car, fwiw.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Thread Information