Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I made a commitment

I made a commitment

This is an oath I took:

I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. (So help me God.)

Sometimes, when you loose faith in those you have sworn to obey it is quite alright to defend your way of life, the Constitution, and protect our country against domestic enemies, who you have sworn to obey.

I took this oath 30 years ago, just reflecting today. I think we should all look back.
    Last edited by Blk Mamba; 05-25-2008 at 05:18 PM.

Just don't get killed.

What branch? US Army here, currently on IRR.
    Last edited by tigerbait; 05-25-2008 at 05:27 PM.

I joined the USMC Jan. 1969, and it took me 30 years to realize what I had done.

Last edited by tigerbait; 05-25-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    I joined the USMC Jan. 1969, and it took me 30 years to realize what I had done.
    Shoot i was still in grade school. Thanks for your service.
    Born 03/04
    Adopted on 01/03/05

2084 of 3213 & 691 of 983____Moonroof 185 of 335 of 1213

Now Procharger boosted #04

I didn't write this for the thanks, or glory, it was intended to be a wake up to all those who took a similar oath, and had forgotten that it is a life long commitment, and when our country is in trouble, (as it is now) that we need to stand up and defend her against all enemies, foreign, and domestic.

I didn't write this for the thanks, or glory, it was intended to be a wake up to all those who took a similar oath, and had forgotten that it is a life long commitment, and when our country is in trouble, (as it is now) that we need to stand up and defend her against all enemies, foreign, and domestic.
    An excellent sentiment and one I have shared in the past few years. I really wish the treason and sedition laws were actually enforced. Perhaps people in Congress and media would think twice before undermining our efforts in this war by constantly providing aid and comfort to the enemy.
    If WWII were fought today, we wouldn't have gotten past Midway before the media and opposition party would be calling for "disengagement".
    Sad. Hate to see what happens if B. Husein Obama is in any position of power.

2003 Black MM 300A (10/04/02)
    Ford Racing 4:10 Gears
    Magnaflows (2nd cat delete)
    Lidio Tune
    K&N CAI
    BC4E Dead Pedal

Thumbs up

This is an oath I took:

I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. (So help me God.)

Sometimes, when you loose faith in those you have sworn to obey it is quite alright to defend your way of life, the Constitution, and protect our country against domestic enemies, who you have sworn to obey.

I took this oath 30 years ago, just reflecting today. I think we should all look back.
    Took the same oath in 66. Where does the time go?
    Larry
    04' Damm Thrilling Ride stock, charcoal, moonroof,heated seats,

I took a similar oath some 36 years ago .... 28 May 1972 to be exact. And I have administered that oath to many others since then including my son on 15 May 1999. The oath of office for Officer's is slightly different than for Enlisted.
    Last edited by Bluerauder; 05-27-2008 at 08:16 AM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Thanks Guys for your service to our Country. My Dad was in The Navy in WW2, stationed at Treasure Island and Pearl Harbour. He truly embodied the best of " The Greatest Generation" Decency, honor and respect...Happy Memorial Day! Miss you Dad.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    I took that same oath some 36 years ago .... 28 May 1972 to be exact. And I have administered that oath to many others since then including my son on 15 May 1999.

Sadly, as those who have served know, fighting is a young mans game. During the first Gulf War my wife commented on how the soldiers all looked like kids. They are, we were. I am proud to have served (79-83), and prouder still of the troops serving today. I can't imagine the challenges they face with the type of warfare they are faced with. They have my deepest respect and gratitude. I do not want to turn this thred political, but with the upcoming election careful consideration should be taken with the direction that this Nation may be headed in.

I also took that oath and even though I still believe in it today that oath is only valid for your term of enlistment or commission. That is why every time you reenlist you retake the oath; it is not a life long commitment.

I would gladly defend my country, our way of life and the Constitution of the United States today against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Now we come to the tricky part, how do you define a domestic enemy? Timothy McVeigh is a good example, but how about those that wish to change the Bill of Rights or the Constitution? How about those that wish to change the laws for their own benefit, but not for the better of the nation? Do we only define those as 'Domestic enemies' that commit violent acts against the citizens of this country? Or can elected officials be defined as 'Domestic enemies' if they try to change laws that grant us rights as American citizens?

What if our elected officials were to pass a law stating that the 'Bill of Rights' were no longer reverent, then what? Do they have that right, why not; they were elected to office by the laws of this country.

Those of you that mentioned revolution in another thread have made treasonous remarks against this country are you now considered 'Domestic enemies'?

Remember what this country stands for, remember the 'Bill of Rights' and remember the 'Constitution of the United States' and above all this weekend remember those of our Fathers, Mothers, Brothers and Sisters, Sons and Daughters that gave their lives to protect our Freedom and our way of life. Not just this Memorial Day, but everyday of your life.

Remember it does not matter if you are a Democratic or Republican or what ever your party affiliation is, the thing to remember is that we are all Americans and we must all take a hand in protecting our freedom and way of life against all 'Enemies foreign and Domestic'.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    I also took that oath and even though I still believe in it today that oath is only valid for your term of enlistment or commission. That is why every time you reenlist you retake the oath; it is not a life long commitment.

I would gladly defend my country, our way of life and the Constitution of the United States today against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Now we come to the tricky part, how do you define a domestic enemy? Timothy McVeigh is a good example, but how about those that wish to change the Bill of Rights or the Constitution? How about those that wish to change the laws for their own benefit, but not for the better of the nation? Do we only define those as 'Domestic enemies' that commit violent acts against the citizens of this country? Or can elected officials be defined as 'Domestic enemies' if they try to change laws that grant us rights as American citizens?

What if our elected officials were to pass a law stating that the 'Bill of Rights' were no longer reverent, then what? Do they have that right, why not; they were elected to office by the laws of this country.

Those of you that mentioned revolution in another thread have made treasonous remarks against this country are you now considered 'Domestic enemies'?

Remember what this country stands for, remember the 'Bill of Rights' and remember the 'Constitution of the United States' and above all this weekend remember those of our Fathers, Mothers, Brothers and Sisters, Sons and Daughters that gave their lives to protect our Freedom and our way of life. Not just this Memorial Day, but everyday of your life.

Remember it does not matter if you are a Democratic or Republican or what ever your party affiliation is, the thing to remember is that we are all Americans and we must all take a hand in protecting our freedom and way of life against all 'Enemies foreign and Domestic'.
    I second that!

Thanks Gordon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information