Thread: About to be an MM owner!

About to be an MM owner!

I posted an ad last week looking for a Marauder, and didn't think I'd really find what I was looking for until spring, but I found it already. It's an '03 300A, black with charcoal interior. I really wanted a blue or silver one... BUT... it's hard to argue with a pristine 7000 mile car that's never been smoked in, never driven in bad weather, and is stock except for window tint and Flows. And, it has the window sticker and other paperwork, and is a local car, sold by the local dealer, so no shipping chargers. The seller seems like a great guy, and we're going to finalize the deal this week. As George Peppard used to say, 'I love it when a plan comes together'.

So, somebody buy my '99 Monkey that's in the For Sale section so I can pay for this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JonW
    I posted an ad last week looking for a Marauder, and didn't think I'd really find what I was looking for until spring, but I found it already. It's an '03 300A, black with charcoal interior. I really wanted a blue or silver one... BUT... it's hard to argue with a pristine 7000 mile car that's never been smoked in, never driven in bad weather, and is stock except for window tint and Flows. And, it has the window sticker and other paperwork, and is a local car, sold by the local dealer, so no shipping chargers. The seller seems like a great guy, and we're going to finalize the deal this week. As George Peppard used to say, 'I love it when a plan comes together'.

So, somebody buy my '99 Monkey that's in the For Sale section so I can pay for this thing.
    Congrates on your purchase of the panther.'im shocked Constables has'nt sold yet..if i were lookin for an mm other than a s/ced i woulda bought his without a doubt

Patrick Guest
    Wait I have an 03, tint, flows and right at 7,000 miles!!!!! Better check the driveway........... Forgot I smoke!!! Sorry.

Hope you enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Congrats and good luck.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Wait I have an 03, tint, flows and right at 7,000 miles!!!!! Better check the driveway........... Forgot I smoke!!! Sorry.

Hope you enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

(Too funny Patrick!)

Congrats on the MM! You won't regret it. Now let the mods begin!

03 Marauder 300A, 6 CD Changer, tint, SS Inserts, McGard wheel locks, Full Stainless Works 3 inch exaust and long tube headers, DynoTech MMX driveshaft, Spoiler, Full godshead treatment, Mack & Marty fender badges, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, 4.10's, FIT/ProCharger Racing Team Member #019(Mine)
    04 DTR Cd Changer, moon roof, heated seats, trunk organizor, McGard wheel locks,
    SS Inserts, Spoiler, tint, godshead stearing wheel badge, Badgless Grill & trunk, Densos & 180 t-stat, Megs Resonator Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40's, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, Superchips 9100 SCT tuner, JTL CAI, and 4.10's. (hers)
    67 Galaxie 500
    96 F250 EXT Cab 4X4 Pwerstroke
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible
    2005 Sportcoach Cross Country 376DS

that's a very similar story as to how i got mine. congratulations, man you won't be sorry!
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial #0054
    Installed by Carfixer 10/16/2004

Tallboy's Garage

Patrick Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by teamrope

(Too funny Patrick!)

Congrats on the MM! You won't regret it. Now let the mods begin!
    I was worried thier for a moment!!!

I always get leery when I see a next to new car being sold by a owner. Why is he giving it up?
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by rayjay
    I always get leery when I see a next to new car being sold by a owner. Why is he giving it up?

rayjay,
    Some times compulsion and frivolous attitudes regarding money can come into the equation of 'too much' stuff.
    Another is the intended use for this stuff which seems to accumulate...only to sit idle due to other priorities, conditions, etc.

Most members here seem to agree on using the MM...not letting it become a 'sacred cow' for storage and the occasional show-off purposes.
    There is nothing wrong with either reason...if that be the owner's choice.
    However, experience has shown that machinery that sits idle more than is used can be just as detrimental to it as can be the "fair wear and tear" of using it.

Depreciation has to be factored in as well.
    It's probably too soon to assess any long term value the OEM MM may or MAY NOT deliver.

Much has been stated regarding mod investments, etc. and the difficulty of getting a fair return from them aside from owner use and satisfaction.
    No argument there.

Anyone can see the rapid depreciation most cars experience.
    Look at the '04 (MMs) for example.
    One has to recognize that if the car was purchased for the sake of owning something unique, you may be one of only a few who feel that way.

To be sure, the MM owners on this site are a proprietary bunch of die hard individuals dedicated to unique vehicles.
    All apparently have made their decisions based on sound reasons for doing so.

Which brings us back to the beginning of this issue...to some, just too much "stuff".

Could also be driven an unforeseen change in financial or family situation. Or even an unplanned employment relocation.

I doubt that many here on the MM.Net would get rid of the MM for performance reasons, since it seems most members did their research on the car, took a decent test drive, and mulled it over for a while ... rather than reacting on an impulse. I know that my route to a Marauder was nearly 18 months long. In fact, I refused a test drive twice ... 'cause I just wasn't ready to sign any papers ... I suspected that the test drive was the seducer. I was right !!!
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

I still think I'd ask for the OASIS report before handing over the cash. You're right about the test drive. It was between the Dodge Magnum, the Marauder or wait for the 05 Mustang. Bottom line is, after driving the Marauder and doing some reading here, thats what I bought. An unseen 04 DTR. I still look forward to driving her everyday just as much as the 1st time I drove her.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

I still think I'd ask for the OASIS report before handing over the cash.
    Certainly no harm in checking out the background for the vehicle.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Patrick Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder
    Certainly no harm in checking out the background for the vehicle.
    Never can be too careful..

Thread Information