Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marauder - poof! - it's history

Angry Marauder - poof! - it's history

originally posted by Thunder Road
    Giving Mercury a car like the Marauder was a lot like giving a dog a tuxedo - he might think it nice, but would have no idea what to do with it. And so for the third time in history, Ford has announced the Marauder will get a dirt nap. It will fill all current orders and then - poof! - it's history. Seems sales never came close to projections. Well, duh! The car was about $5,000 too expensive and about 50 horsepower too slow. Still, we'll miss it. Couldn't say the same for the Mercury brand if it went away. I learned to drive on a Mercury, cheered for them in NASCAR and lusted after various big-block Cougars and Cyclones, but it is time to pull an Oldsmobile on that division. Geez, they shoot horses, don't they ?
    This paragraph is quoted from the July 2003 issue of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine I subscibe to.
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

Holy crap.

Not to sound like I didn't read what you posted, but not even 2004? I thought it was 2004 then bust!!

WOW, if this is true I am glad I got one when I did!!

-A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

Marauder is History

I think I'll take the wait and see approach. I don't think that there are too many Marauders on order. Most dealers in the NY area have several in stock, mostly black 300A's and a local dealer had a silver and blue in stock. John
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Ford deserves to take the big dirt nap as far as I'm concerned, but then, I'm bitter.

But hey, if this is true at least we got ours! I regretted missing out on the '94 - '96 Impalla SS. Glad I didn't repeat the mistake.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

dose that mean the car is worth more later for being rare
    2006 GTO. Lingenfelter CAI, V-Max Polished Throttlebody, Vararam TB Spacer, SLP Ceramic LT Headers, SLP High Flow Cats, Custom X Pipe, QTP electric Cutouts, Flowmaster 40 Mufflers, Livernoise Stage 2 Heads and Comp Cam Stage 2 Cam 232/232 .050 @ 114 lsa, custom built transmission with a pro torque 2800 stall. HOPE I HIT LOW 12'S OR HIGH 11'S , CAUSE IM A BROKE MO FO! SOLD

MI2QWK4U Guest
    I think I will see if Jerry from Trilogy can elaborate on this thread. He has been in contact with people at both Ford and Mercury both. In a recent post in the Trilogy forum, he had the following to say:

" 1. The Marauder is only planned to go away for 2005 and return in 2006 as a result of engineering work required for government Lev2 Evap requirements. But, we are working with Ford to see if we can keep the car in 2005.

2. I am meeting with the head of Ford Racing next week to cover a variety of items that I will share next week."

In a conversation we had on Wednesday, he was sure of at least 2004, and guardely optimistic on 2005....so this is news to me....considering that magazine must have had a deadline of how long ago? 2 weeks? a month? Which info is freshest?
    Anyone?!

I'm fine with it going away.

I like the fact that I can count on three fingers the times that I've seen another Marauder on the streets, and this in a city where sighting a Marinello is almost an every day occurance.

That also means that I won't have to worry about feeling "new model envy" every year.

I got my MM, now I can spend $ on the 2005 Mustang Cobra.
    Last edited by Matt Johnson; 05-22-2003 at 04:31 PM.
    03 MM 300A
    Tint

SOUND: Alpine CD/MP3 with iPod Fullspeed, Sirius Satellite Radio; MB Quart 6 1/2 Premiums up front, MB Quart 5X7 Reference in back, JL Audio W3 10" sub, JL Audio Slash Series 500 W amp, Dynamat everywhere, Optima yellow top to keep it cranking...

SPEED: Ford Racing 4.10 gears, Ford Racing girdle cover and stud kit, SCT Reinhardt tune, Stallion Torque Converter, JLT Intake, Densos/Stat, Addco front and rear, Metco upper and lower, Front Willwood brake kit by TCE

Billatpro Guest
    I learned a long time ago not believe any thing printed in any Magazine.

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Yep Bill....

jrzygrl Guest
    Well, this just means I won't have to 'lust' after the red one?.......

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Not so fast....dont stop lusting so easily, red will be here in the fall.

I would think that there would be a 2004 since the 2004 Marauder ordering guides were "PDF"ed here not too long ago.

GEO

From what I remember about advertising schedules for national magazines, I think editorial lead times are 60 days or more (though, I could be wrong). The writing seems a bit too casual for the editorial staff--was this quote from a reader's submission or a staff writer? If it was a reader, I would question his source. Hopefully Trilogy has the inside story and will share it here.

By the way, Automotive News has been reporting that Ford is planning a "redesign" of the CV/GMs in 2005 or 2006.*** Automotive News' "future products" table has changed a few times in past months as to both the year ('05 or '06) and extent of the redesign. Also, a recent Automotive News article I read, that I couldn't relocate on the site, I think retracted the "redesign" term and instead indicated that a more moderate restyling of the CV/GMs are expected. Nevertheless, the site's future products table still states "redesign" in '05 or '06 model year.

***[Restyling terms from Automotive News' website, autonews.com:]

"Carryover: Identical to the model sold the previous year; new colors, seating fabric may be offered.

"Freshen: Sheet metal untouched; may include new grille, fascia, headlights or taillights.

"Reskin: Minor styling changes to sheet metal; front or rear styling changed from previous year or both changed.

"Restyle: Same platform as previous year, but extensive changes to interior and exterior design; looks totally different from previous year's model.

"Redesign: New platform; new interior and exterior styling; however, engine and transmission could be carryover from previous model year."
    Last edited by studio460; 05-22-2003 at 08:26 PM.

2003 Mercury Marauder 300B, matte-black, S55 taillights.
    B&M transmission/Precision Industries TC; Eibach-lowered; Addco rear anti-sway; Metco rear control arms; Steeda UDP; 180° 'stat.

Patrick Guest
    I have heard 2005 and it will also kill T-bird at the sam time! No big lose on T bird! I like it when it first came out but that fadded fairly quick! Then I saw the Beast (MM) and fell in luv!!Yes ford over priced it, underpowered her (Dennis will fix this) but just look at this forum!!!!!!!!! I wish ford would, maybe they should and they will get the idea of what the people want!!!!!!

Worth money down the road, who knows, I dont. Wont care you aint get my MM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt:

I'm with you . . . I've only seen FOUR other Marauders driving around in L.A. since the Marauder came out! And one of 'em was yours! Aside from everything else we love about these cars, that alone is the coolest reason--NOBODY HAS 'EM! Funny, I see about 5 million black Audi A4s everyday here on the way to and from work. Only seen one Audi S8! And the guy driving the S8 was eyeing my Marauder the whole time! ---[Just saw my first Audi S4 this morning (in black, ofcourse). Nice. Attractive young woman driving . . .]
    Last edited by studio460; 05-23-2003 at 08:26 AM.

2003 Mercury Marauder 300B, matte-black, S55 taillights.
    B&M transmission/Precision Industries TC; Eibach-lowered; Addco rear anti-sway; Metco rear control arms; Steeda UDP; 180° 'stat.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information