Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting noticed

Getting noticed

So, I'm driving the big car to the bar after work with a coworker. The car is dirty since it rained this morning. The coworker drives a Lexus GS 430. Figure the Lexus costs close to $50K. We park by the door and as I am getting out of the car two guys walk by and one says, "Nice car." I say "Thanks" and we walk into the bar. My coworker asks if that happens often. I tell him that someone comments on the car at least once per week. He says that he has never had a stranger comment on his car in the year he's owned it.

I thought about it on the way home. There is something about the Marauder, at least in black, that speaks directly to the soul of guys. Few women I know appreciate the car, but guys, in particular forty-something guys, can't walk by the car without staring. The woman who sits next to me at work says that she's tired of hearing people talking about my car. So, today her husband stops by and he asks her who owns the Marauder.

When my wife is with me and someone says something about the car she'll say, "You like that don't you." And admittedly, I do. That Lexus sells for almost twice what I paid for the Marauder and doesn't get noticed. I've seen people walk past Corvettes to stare at the Marauder. The Big Black Car reaches out and grabs guys as they walk by.

Too cool!
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by dwasson
    "...snip..." There is something about the Marauder, at least in black, that speaks directly to the soul of guys. Few women I know appreciate the car, but guys, in particular forty-something guys, can't walk by the car without staring. "...snip...".

Too cool!
    It isn't just the Black MMs that cause this effect. My Blue MM draws its share of comments, approving nods, thumbs up, and stares --- at least once a week.

And, I like the attention too !!!
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Lets hope Silver does too
    Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tstrat99
    It isn't just the Black MMs that cause this effect. My Blue MM draws its share of comments, approving nods, thumbs up, and stares --- at least once a week.

Also the green one's , the Marauder doesn't say snob it say's drive me and people see that.
    63 1/2' Merc 406 (434ci) tri-powered "Ratsmoker"

Yeah,.. I work with almost 400 other mechanics at the local airport.

I am known as: The Dude with the Marauder

My exhaust is in the middle stages of completion. The mufflers and pipes go on tomorrow morning.

Try driving your black MM around with completely open exhaust. EVERYONE looks.

-A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

Attention

Just cruise into a cruisin and watch all the Mustang BOYS, look at their expression as you roll by.Youll love it.I ve noticed the femals checking it out, OH YES THEY DOOO!

jrzygrl Guest
    [QUOTE=tstrat99]It isn't just the Black MMs that cause this effect. My Blue MM draws its share of comments, approving nods, thumbs up, and stares --- at least once a week.

Definitely happens to me all the time in my blue girl......

I have always wondered about the phenomenon myself.

I think it's the bright chrome wheels. They are an "eye magnet". Then once the eyes are locked onto the wheels the person thinks "what the hell kind of car are they on!?"

Quote Originally Posted by SHERIFF
    I have always wondered about the phenomenon myself.

I think it's the bright chrome wheels. They are an "eye magnet". Then once the eyes are locked onto the wheels the person thinks "what the hell kind of <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1V Dw">car</A> are they on!?"

I tend to agree, the wheels (rims) make the car.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

We had a simular thread on the NHTOC a few weeks ago about HD trucks. MMs are just sharp cars, I check em out every time I see one. Lexus, BMWs, Benz's ect are common sights here, like an Accord or a Camry, you dont see a Marauder every day!

hitchhiker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dwasson
    So, I'm driving the big car to the bar after work with a coworker. The car is dirty since it rained this morning. The coworker drives a Lexus GS 430. Figure the Lexus costs close to $50K. We park by the door and as I am getting out of the car two guys walk by and one says, "Nice car." I say "Thanks" and we walk into the bar. My coworker asks if that happens often. I tell him that someone comments on the car at least once per week. He says that he has never had a stranger comment on his car in the year he's owned it.

I thought about it on the way home. There is something about the Marauder, at least in black, that speaks directly to the soul of guys. Few women I know appreciate the car, but guys, in particular forty-something guys, can't walk by the car without staring. The woman who sits next to me at work says that she's tired of hearing people talking about my car. So, today her husband stops by and he asks her who owns the Marauder.

When my wife is with me and someone says something about the car she'll say, "You like that don't you." And admittedly, I do. That Lexus sells for almost twice what I paid for the Marauder and doesn't get noticed. I've seen people walk past Corvettes to stare at the Marauder. The Big Black Car reaches out and grabs guys as they walk by.

Too cool!
    This baby was made to be black!

Hard to keep clean, but there's nothing better looking when it is.

Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes owners buy their cars because of personal issues e.g. need for attention or to compensate for their small d****.

The engineering gap between American and foreign cars narrowed and then evaporated years ago.

Hopefully Car and Drivel (French owned, go figure) will realize this someday.

You should see the smiles I get when I start my MM in the parking lot at the store. I guess it's throaty V8 exhaust, and it's still bone stock. Life is good.
    Buy American because the job you may save, might be your own

2002 Ford Explorer XLT (Wife's Car)
    Build Date - September 11, 2001

2004 Marauder 300A (My Car)
    Silver Birch Metallic, Dark Charcoal Interior
    Build Date - September 19, 2003
    Delivered - October 2, 2003
    Purchased - November 24, 2003
    Heated Seats, 6 Disk CD Changer in trunk, Trunk Organizer,
    OEM Rear Spoiler, K&N Filter, Silencer Deleted
    GT Coil Covers w/ Thumb Screws

MY MARAUDER'S LIST OF BLING BLING
    Custom God's Head Grille and Deck Lid Badges
    God's Head Horn Button, Marauder Retro Fender Badges
    Dyno Pro Aluminum Door Sills, Bob White Inserts - Cardinal Red
    McGards Wheel Locks, Sylvania Silver Stars
    Deck Lid Liner w/ Marauder & God's Head Logo, Rear S55 Badge

Thumbs up Silver does too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FiveO
    Lets hope Silver does too
    FIVE-O Trust me the Silverstreak here in NY gets a Lot of Attention . I get people in there cars follow me up close to see what it is Im driving . People in the Malls walk up to me and ask what kind of car is it . Young Ricers walk and drive up to me and ask "is this a new Souped-up Trooper car ?" . Even a NYSP Trooper rolled up to me , I flashed the Gold-One and he gave me a so Silver is up there too .
    I'll keep my Freedom, my Money, my Religion, my Guns & you can keep the " Change ".

Patrick Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by UAW 588
    You should see the smiles I get when I start my MM in the parking lot at the store. I guess it's throaty V8 exhaust, and it's still bone stock. Life is good.
    Add a set a flow masters Like I did and you wont belive the looks you will get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information