Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cedar Falls, IA Marauder Rendezvous 20-22 May 05

Cedar Falls, IA Marauder Rendezvous 20-22 May 05

OK Folks,

20-22 May we're looking at having a MM rendezvous in Cedar Falls, IA. We have a block of rooms assigned to us at the Days Inn and Holiday Inn University Plaza (they are both owned by the same person). Maria with Holiday Inn sales office has set aside 13 rooms with the Holiday Inn and 12 rooms with the Days Inn. You have to mention room block code "MMR" to be put into one of our rooms. Maria has sent me a list of names who she thinks may be part of our group but hasn't been assigned to the MMR block. If you have made reservations for this event and your last names are listed below, please PM me so that we can get you coded into are block of rooms.

Days Inn
    Lundgren<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>

Lundgren<o:p></o:p>

Woodall<o:p></o:p>

Westerlyn<o:p></o:p>

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placename w:st="on"></st1:placename></st1:place><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placename w:st="on"></st1:placename></st1:place><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placename w:st="on">Holiday</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st="on">Inn</st1:placetype></st1:place><o:p></o:p>

Lundgren

<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>Phone numbers for the hotels are:
    Days Inn: 319-266-1222
    Holiday Inn: 319-277-2230

After the 20th of April any empty room reservations in the block will be released back to general reservations.

My original thread regarding this event is located here, so that you can see the history for this event:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...5&page=1&pp=40

HwyCruiser has a poll asking how many are planning to show up, currently there are nine committed and 3 possibles. If you haven't voted please do so at:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=17118

Duhtroll, who lives in the Cedar Falls area has provided info on the local Cedar Falls Raceway. There appears to be interesting schedules at the raceway which are listed below:

May 20 Friday Night Test and Tune/Gamblers/Trophy ~ Gates @ 6pm
    May 21 First Annual Free Fest $10.00 to watch or Race!! Gates 1 pm

This is what we have so far.

Regards,
    Jay
    Last edited by jabird56; 04-13-2005 at 09:49 AM.

03 Marauder 300A/Black
    Born: June 21, 2002 / Adopted: April 2003
    Spoiler / Heated Seats / 6-CD Changer
    LIDIO Tuned
    K/N Air Filter
    WILWOOD Brakes
    METCO Control Arms
    ADDCO Rear Sway Bar
    Real Gauges
    INFINITY 572.5cf
    two-way KAPPA series speakers
    NITTOs

2014 VW Touareg TDI Executive

2013 F350 King Ranch Crew Cab Dually
    6.7L POWERSTROKE

Hehe, you fixed the links before I could comment

I am still hoping to make it, at least it is on the Calendar now.

jta

2003 Marauder 300A
    --76 of 7838 208 of 7839
    --Born on 5/27/02
    --4:10 gears
    --SCT9100 Tuner (Lidio's Tune)
    --BFG KDW2 Tires (235/50 front; 255/55 rear)
    --12C spark plugs
    --Granatelli Connectors
    --Pro-Guard
    1976 Eldorado Convertible For Sale
    In line for a 2023 F-150 Lightning XLT

I should be able to make it, about 90% certain. I am waiting on a customer to back to me to establish whether or not I'll be in town that Friday.

That being said, I think there was some discussion about the Kansas City area owners meeting up that Friday to head down to IA. Have we established a time and place yet? If not, probably somewhere up north would make the most sense. Maybe the McDonald's in Kearny? I think there's one there right off I-35 on the East side. Anyone have any suggestions?

FiveO confirmed via PM so that makes 10.

A rough plan for my trip from KC: I'd like to meet up with Jay in DesMoines around noon for lunch, so that puts me in Kearney at 9am if anyone would like to hook-up for the trip north. On the road from DesMoines by 1:30pm would ETA us at the hotel in Cedar Rapids just before 4pm.

For the Cedar Rapids crew: Would the hotel be a meeting place to head off to the track? What time would we need to leave by?

Come On You MM'rs from MN, WI, IL, MO, IA, KS, and NE,

The Cedar Falls MM Rendezvous the 20th through the 22nd of May is fast approaching. There are still rooms available under our "MMR" code at the Days Inn and Holiday Inn in Cedar Falls. What better way to have fun on a Spring weekend than a road trip to meet other MM'rs in the HEARTLAND. Phone numbers for the hotels are in the my first entry within this thread.

We will lose the room BLOCK after the 20th of this month, so don't delay.

Jay

03 Marauder 300A/Black
    LIDIO Tuned
    K/N Air Filter
    WILWOOD Brakes
    METCO Control Arms
    ADDCO Rear Sway Bar
    Real Gauges
    INFINITY 572.5cf
    NITTOs

6.7L POWERSTROKE

Quote Originally Posted by jabird56
    Come On You MM'rs from MN, WI, IL, MO, IA, KS, and NE,

The Cedar Falls MM Rendezvous the 20th through the 22nd of May is fast approaching. There are still rooms available under our "MMR" code at the Days Inn and Holiday Inn in Cedar Falls. What better way to have fun on a Spring weekend than a road trip to meet other MM'rs in the HEARTLAND. Phone numbers for the hotels are in the my first entry within this thread.

We will lose the room BLOCK after the 20th of this month, so don't delay.

Jay
    Just made my reservation for Friday the 20th at the Days Inn. I asked how many other MM folks had made reservations and was told I was the only one. Where is everyone else staying at?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I heard they are all crashing at La Casa Friel.

-A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

Jay and I are at the Holiday Inn next door. Big time spenders.

We've got an adjoining "hospitality" living room so we can visit. Well that, and I hope they have a bar.

Val, what's your travel plans from KC look like?

Quote Originally Posted by HwyCruiser

We've got an adjoining "hospitality" living room so we can visit. Well that, and I hope they have a bar.

JD, I won't be able to leave the Omaha area until around 1230PM on Friday. Puts me in the Des Moines area sometime after 2PM. Jay

03 Marauder 300A/Black
    LIDIO Tuned
    K/N Air Filter
    WILWOOD Brakes
    METCO Control Arms
    ADDCO Rear Sway Bar
    Real Gauges
    INFINITY 572.5cf
    NITTOs

6.7L POWERSTROKE

I'm flexible on that Friday. Do you have a suggestion? I was thinking that we could meet up somewhere and convoy up there. Don't know how many from Kansas City area are going. Any ideas?

Val,

Jay probably won't be rolling through DesMoines until about 2:30pm and I'd like to pick him up in-route. That'll get us in Cedar Falls just before 5pm for check-in, which is about as late we probably want to get there (Jay, you better be hauling butt to get us in earlier).

DesMoines is a good 3-1/2 trip from south KC so now I'm thinking about getting on the road no later than 10am so we could grab a late lunch in DesMoines while we wait for Jay and allow for what-not delays.

Casey (MercDaddy) is going, but I don't know what his plans are. Maybe he can chime in here too.

Has anyone contacted CFR to see if they can do anything for us?
    Last edited by HwyCruiser; 04-25-2005 at 12:51 PM. Reason: the correct "cedar" town

Any idea on time for lunch. I am thinking about taking a half day of work on Friday. Even though I live North of Ames, I work in Des Moines. Also taking Friday night and Saturday afternoon off from the part time job. Will be heading to Cedar Falls first thing in the morning on Saturday.

Obviously won't be in a Panther/Marauder, but I think I get the wife's Ford Five Hundred from her for the day. What are the plans for first thing Saturday morning?
    Eric

2004 Silver Birch Marauder - Sold 04/17/09:
    - #2703 of 3213 '04 Marauders
    - #852 of 987 Silver Birch Marauders
    - Born On Date: 04/23/04
    - Warranty Start Date: 08/11/04
    - MINE as of: 09/09/05

2003 CVPI - Daily Driver
    - Purchased 05/29/07

Val,

Jay probably won't be rolling through DesMoines until about 2:30pm and I'd like to pick him up in-route. That'll get us in Cedar Rapids just before 5pm for check-in, which is about as late we probably want to get there (Jay, you better be hauling butt to get us in earlier).

DesMoines is a good 3-1/2 trip from south KC so now I'm thinking about getting on the road no later than 10am so we could grab a late lunch in DesMoines while we wait for Jay and allow for what-not delays.

Casey (MercDaddy) is going, but I don't know what his plans are. Maybe he can chime in here too.

Has anyone contacted CFR to see if they can do anything for us?
    I'm still planning on going. I won't know what time I can leave work until I see how things unravel during the day Friday. Hopefully I can leave by noon, which would get me to Cedar Falls by 6PM at the latest. I have accomodations a Casa Papa's.

If nothing else, I'll run out to the strip Friday night to see if anybody is there, otherwise I'll see you all Staurday out there. Anybody that wants to meet before then can send me a PM with their cell number and we'll make arrangements.

Looking forward to it, should be a great time!
    Casey from KC

2003 300A-SOLD at 18,000 miles.

[QUOTE=HwyCruiser]Val,

Jay probably won't be rolling through DesMoines until about 2:30pm and I'd like to pick him up in-route. That'll get us in Cedar Rapids just before 5pm for check-in, which is about as late we probably want to get there (Jay, you better be hauling butt to get us in earlier). QUOTE]

Just a point of clarification here- you guys are going to Cedar Falls, right? Don't want you guys to get lost in a cornfield somewhere!!!!!
    Casey from KC

2003 300A-SOLD at 18,000 miles.

[QUOTE=MERCDADDY]
    Val,

Jay probably won't be rolling through DesMoines until about 2:30pm and I'd like to pick him up in-route. That'll get us in Cedar Rapids just before 5pm for check-in, which is about as late we probably want to get there (Jay, you better be hauling butt to get us in earlier). QUOTE]

Just a point of clarification here- you guys are going to Cedar Falls, right? Don't want you guys to get lost in a cornfield somewhere!!!!!
    Thanks Casey, Cedar Falls yes. I get the two confused. Nothing but cornfields between here and there... I'll be bringing a map.

Eric, I'm probably going to be in DesMoines around 1:30pm to fuel up, grab a bite to eat and watch for Jay. Will have to figure out where.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information