Thread: code P0190

code P0190

Well a few mins ago I went out to plug my sct tuner into the car, and when I did a diagnostic check, a code came up p0190. The code states fuel rail pressure. But I never got a check engine light. It only showed up on the tuner. What could have caused this problem? Is this a serious matter? What can I do to fix this problem? Car runs fine.

Are you supercharged?

No I am not supercharged. I have a custom dyno tune if that helps any..

Clear the code and see if it reappears. If it does then worry about it. I get that code once a year, I clear it and it doesn't come back for a year.....
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Hey Mike, normally S/C guy's get that code. I threw that code all last year after some mods the stock FP in your car is not keeping up with the fuel demands. If your throwing that code at WOT watch out you could run lean and go BANG!

Get ready to install a new fuel pump. I would advise you to not put in a stock replacement. Get a SVT Focus pump at a minimum.

I'm running twin fucus pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    Hey Mike, normally S/C guy's get that code. I threw that code all last year after some mods the stock FP in your car is not keeping up with the fuel demands. If your throwing that code at WOT watch out you could run lean and go BANG!

Get ready to install a new fuel pump. I would advise you to not put in a stock replacement. Get a SVT Focus pump at a minimum.
    p
    I'm running twin fucus pumps.
    I agree, to The OP: Before you go replacing anything dattalog the car and check your fpdc, and fuel pressure cruising and underload.
    Unless you have a aeroforce or scangauge.

I have cleared the code...I will keep you guys updated on this problem. But the thing is, I have been custom tuned for 2 years and never had this code before. What caused it to come now?

Sometimes the sensor just goes bad. Pull the vacumn line and smell for gas at the sensor outlet not the vacumn hose. If you can smell gas the diaphram in the sensor is leaking and should be replaced. Remove a couple of screws and pull the senso up and out, one electrical connector and one vacumn line.

Also check the vacumn line for rub wear or tiny holes or just old and cracked.

I get this code from time to time, but I'm supercharged. Cleared the code and good to go till next time. My fuel pressures are good, check by experts, sensor was replaced, fuel pump replaced all to no effect. Code comes on when it feels like it. usually at start up but sometime while driving on the street. Never had the code at WOT. My Tuner adjusted the tolerances that the computer "sees" and that helped a lot. Maybe once a month the EEC will throw the code.
    Last edited by Pat; 03-13-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Mines been popping up more and more often...
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

last year when I had this problem I double checked my fuel pressure's and that was fine so I replaced the FRP sensor but to no avail. So figuring it must be in the tune I called my tuner(that's a hole other story) explained the problem and my findings we ended up widening the acceptable range for that parameter now the code rarely sets maybe 1 out of 20 start ups. To the op call you tuner and talk to him
    My garage
    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=view&id=10419

04/30/11
    1/8 mile 7.7430 at 89.24
    1/4 mile 12.16 at 110.66(calculated)

Thread Information