Thread: New option presenting itself...

New option presenting itself...

Hey, so I have a line on a 5.0L "stroker motor (said stock bores though) that is procharged and a "built" 4R70W that I can get for my 2004 Marauder. But, that would mean I would have to replace the stock Marauder motor & trans w/98k on the odo. The other option I am working on, FYI, is doing an eaton swap on my current setup. I'm a little torn.

But how much would the current Marauder motor/trans be worth?

I really want a Eaton style blower, but this procharged setup seems hard to beat. How much would it take to upgrade the fuel system to accomodate this procharged setup (600+hp)?

What other upgrades would I have to consider to put in the stroker & procharger?

Thanks!

"RescuRauder", Born on 09/02/2003 & rescued on 04/05/2013. #236 of 3214 and #62 of 1237 in Black. CAI, Some kind of tune, Kooks Headers, X-pipe w/Hi-Flow cats, Magnaflow mufflers, Resonators removed, 4.10's, Metco U&L CA and Watts link, Drilled & slotted rotors, now BOOSTED!! Eaton Swapped 12/29/19!!
    Sold! 1986 Mustang GT Vert, Black, 5spd, new short block, Powerheads, Crower 15511, gears, exhaust etc.

1968 Ford (Galaxie) XL fastback, 390, factory buckets & auto on floor
    2011 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue with SVT Performance Pkg & Navigation, VMP tuned ~550rwhp/550rwtq. Finally Blown!

Intercooler and piping. Intake tube and air filter. MAF. Fuel pump and possible return fuel system.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    Intercooler and piping. Intake tube and air filter. MAF. Fuel pump and possible return fuel system.
    The setup is currently using a cobra intake (pasengers side) with the associated plumbing etc. I assume it shouldn't be hard to switch it to the drivers side?

"RescuRauder", Born on 09/02/2003 & rescued on 04/05/2013. #236 of 3214 and #62 of 1237 in Black. CAI, Some kind of tune, Kooks Headers, X-pipe w/Hi-Flow cats, Magnaflow mufflers, Resonators removed, 4.10's, Metco U&L CA and Watts link, Drilled & slotted rotors, now BOOSTED!! Eaton Swapped 12/29/19!!
    Sold! 1986 Mustang GT Vert, Black, 5spd, new short block, Powerheads, Crower 15511, gears, exhaust etc.

2011 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue with SVT Performance Pkg & Navigation, VMP tuned ~550rwhp/550rwtq. Finally Blown!

Quote Originally Posted by sflrainmaker01 View Post
    The setup is currently using a cobra intake (pasengers side) with the associated plumbing etc. I assume it shouldn't be hard to switch it to the drivers side?
    Switch the cobra intake to the other side?!? That would probably cost more than the entire car is worth.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Mine was the same. I was actually able to use the piping from the Procharger to the heat exchanger, thru the exchanger, and out. Where it kept going towards the passenger side I cut the pipe and sent it upward to the Marauder intake. I didn’t even have to buy pipe to make it work. About three cuts, mocked it up, and sent it out for tig.

I did have to locate the battery to the other side and rotate the fuse box. Oh and inbed a 6” pipe into the bumper support..

My F1 came from a 96-98 Cobra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

with the right components you can stay returnless.

The stock trans is going to fail soon after getting boost so that's a win if the price is right.

Hopefully you wont be inheriting someone's headache

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    with the right components you can stay returnless.

The stock trans is going to fail soon after getting boost so that's a win if the price is right.

Hopefully you wont be inheriting someone's headache
    Yeah. I hope not. The transmission is a bonus for sure. Luckily, I would be able to drive the car its in first.

Justbob, how do you like the procharger VS the eaton setup you used to have?
    It seems to me that there would be alot more power on the midrange and topend. I'm more of a 0-60 kinda guy myself. Plus, I love the whine from the Eaton in the Shelby. Would like some whine in the Marauder too.!

What Procharger is on it? Bob has an F1 with a cog belt. That's a totally different setup than a P1SC or D1SC.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

What Procharger is on it? Bob has an F1 with a cog belt. That's a totally different setup than a P1SC or D1SC.
    it is a D1SC.

I think your best bet would be to put a Marauder (driver side) intake on it.

New option presenting itself...

Justbob, how do you like the procharger VS the eaton setup you used to have?

It seems to me that there would be alot more power on the midrange and topend. I'm more of a 0-60 kinda guy myself. Plus, I love the whine from the Eaton in the Shelby. Would like some whine in the Marauder too.!
    It wouldn’t be a fair comparison considering I had my Trilogy pulleyed way beyond max efficiency, and my F1 is only waking up at 26#s. I can say at only 20#s it is a HANDFUL on the street. Power comes on a lot snappier than the roots and never ever stops building. At 26#s we were drifting at the top of third with three adults at 115..

The roots always ran out of steam nearing the top end no matter the pulley (and I had them all). On launch the roots was the greatest thing I ever did to the car, until I went with this blower. But keep in mind what I said, there is no comparison as the RWHP alone was 460 compared to 704 now. Even the 601 street tune feels every bit of 300 extra horses.

Now the real benefit. No more under hood heat and power loss!!! My IATS (with Prochargers 4” race intercooler) has recorded something like 4* below ambient at 45 MPH on an 85* day! Never more than 8-10* over ambient even in traffic. That is the biggest selling point IMO. And that annoying whine that I used to LOVE is one of the most dreaded noises after a few years. Good reddens!

But mine did self destruct almost two years ago now. F1’s apparently have a flaw where the plastic nose cone comes off and gets sucked in! I should have used the clutched cog pulley they offer for stick cars. I learned the hard way.

Way different! But a D1 can really impress. My F1 will never be used like it was built for. Max efficiency 38#s!! Not on this stock Cobra block..

it is a D1SC.

Good choice. They make damn good power. Just buy good boots and clamps! I fully welded all mine and used V band clamps at the ends. I welded my engine mounts as well and added a custom bolt down brace at the throttle body (the only rubber connection). The only thing I blow off is vacuum lines, even the one under the dash for the climate control!! All that seems to be good now though thanks to super glue and zip ties..

I think your best bet would be to put a Marauder (driver side) intake on it.

Definitely easier to go drivers side. Besides, count the piping as a wash if it’s not from a Marauder. Pipes cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thread Information