Thread: I Made It Out Here

I Made It Out Here

Sure is lonesome being the only MM around here,I miss all my Windy Cit Marauder friends.But I am doing a lot better health wise out here and I'm always busy doing something or another,tinkering with the MM or the Harley,taking the bike out for rides and even going out drowning worms.
    Also on the plus side I've gotten lot's of compliments on my DTR.One guy wanted to buy it as soon as he saw it,he just wasn't ready to take no for an answer.He lurks out here.I told him mine's not for sale but there's plenty of decent one's for sale here but he doesn't want to travel.His loss I guess.
    Lot's of people have recognized mine as a MM but few new they made DTR's and most think they only came in black but they like the DTR and say the color really pops.
    I put the FIPK on it yesterday and have a tune ordered from Lidio.Other mods will include 4.10's,sway bars,control arms,etc.
    My cousin has been building and installing turbo set ups on cars for a while now and he'd like to try one on a MM so maybe I'll have a turbo in the future.
    Well,if you get up Prescott,AZ. way south of Flagstaff give me a call and we could meet up.PM me for my cell number if you're heading out near my way.
    Member #462
    2004 DTR II
    2005 H-D E Glide Classic
    2009 Super Glide Custom

"Come See a Fat Old Man Sometime"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlB7bz0TrZM

Lar,

Welcome to the new home. Hey, looks like you have to change your location in your sig. Congrats on the retirement.

Enjoy your self out there.
    Nitrous, a TURBO, 4.10's, are like a hot blonde with a STD, you really want to hit it but you are just afraid of the consequences.

Best e/t 12.7 @108mph with a 1.9 60' on eagle f1.
    best on e/t streets 12.40 @108 with a 1.6 60'<---- finally NOT faster then justbob.

Way to go Uncle Lar, post some pics of the area and how is the weather.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Happy for ya man. Way to get the heck out of here and happy living.

Sent from my iPhone
    Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Hey UncleLar, glad you're doing good out there and arrived safely. Hey you got friends just behind the keyboard, LOL! Looks like you need to start up a AZ MARAUDER Gang!
    "Damned if I do, damned if I don't!"
    Member #8831

MERIDEATH aka "Purrrty Mean" was born on June 20, 2002.
    Production #1685 of 7,838 and is #1685 of 7093 Black Beasts.
    Delivered July 27th 2002, she revealed herself.
    Unable to be tamed by her 1st owner, she was left to roam about & raid in search of plunder.
    Through the pillage she became mine on January 23, 2008 and since then...
    "She's tryin' to make a Devil out of me!"
    -"TaKe 'Em D0wN!" TRILOGY TwinScrew #209 / TS0019-

I may be a lone wolf out here for a while but my DTR seems to be getting noticed quite a bit.
    They had a benefit local Car Show today,I got there late with the car pretty dirty from the Monsoon rains but as soon as I pulled in and parked I revved it a couple times,hopped out and opened the hood and it drew them in like a magnet.
    What really surprised me was how much the guys with serious hot rods liked it,especially the guys with what a lot of people term rat rods (maybe because it was so dirty from the rains,etc? lol)
    I wasn't ready for the amount attention the car got/gets,back in Chicago my original DTR used to get noticed some and I'd get positive comments about it,but nothing anywhere near the amount this one gets here,and it just plain isn't as pretty as my original DTR(I'm checking reps on nearby shops to see who'll do a really good job on a full paint job).I'll pull in and park it somewhere and people will stop and look it over pretty good and more than a few times they'll come up to me when I open the door or trunk and start a conversation.A lot of the ones who do that know to some degree what a a Marauder is but a lot didn't know there were DTR's and only a few knew there were SB's and no one seemed to know there were Blue's,but I imagine in the next year or so as more people notice my MM word will spread and I'll start seeing more as guys start buying some of the more affordable ones.
    BTW,July 23rd will be the last day you can reach me at my old area code 773 number,anyone who'd like my new number can PM me.
    Takedown,I just sent you a text message with a pic so keep that number,it's my new one.
    Last edited by UncleLar; 07-15-2012 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Phone Number Update
    Member #462
    2004 DTR II
    2005 H-D E Glide Classic
    2009 Super Glide Custom

Glad to see you're enjoying yourself out there.
    Born 03/04
    Adopted on 01/03/05

2084 of 3213 & 691 of 983____Moonroof 185 of 335 of 1213

Now Procharger boosted #04

Quote Originally Posted by 1stMerc View Post
    Glad to see you're enjoying yourself out there.
    Thanks,it's a whole different world out here,way different attitude from the Peoples Republic of Chicago.Lot's more laid back and since this is still part of America almost everyone is packing and mostly no one pays much attention to it as a gun is just another tool to most folks and there isn't a stigma to the fact as there is in a "safe" city with all the gun laws Chicago (and Illinois) has.
    Maybe I should see about getting a DTR National Meet set up out here.Saturday mornings the local oldies radio station that simulcasts in AM and FM has an hour or two program about cars and a lot of people with old and newer cars of all types show up for an informal car show,a bunch of DTR's in all the different stages of modding would draw a pretty good crowd.
    Member #462
    2004 DTR II
    2005 H-D E Glide Classic
    2009 Super Glide Custom

Glad the move went well. I had been to Phoenix & Flagstaff frequently in a previous job & do miss it on occasion. Also had been to Champaign & Sprinfield IL as well, but I'm sure it is completely different enviroment than Chicago. Now you can finally get some real good Mexican food.
    2003 Marauder 300A
    #3968 of 7838
    Black/Dark Charcoal
    Build date: 08/22/2002
    Adopted: 08/21/2011 at 76,404 miles
    Joined the 100k mile club on 04/14/2013
    at I-95 North at New Smyrna Beach,FL

List of modifications:
    • Ford Escape 6 CD audiophile unit
    • LCM/EATC upgrades courtesy of FBM

• Acme wheel lock kit (20 locks/1 key)

• Trunk plate for 1998-2010 Crown Victoria (Havis part # C-3054)

• Innovative Interceptors 3.5 in resonator deleted exhaust tips courtesy of RoyLPita

• Trunk organizer

• Marty's tune

• Big brake upgrade

1995 Ford CVPI
    Purchased : 03/1999 [77k miles]
    Sold:03/2015 [330k miles]

2001 Chevrolet Impala
    Inherited 02/2015 [93k miles]
    Sold:03/2023 [170k miles]

2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature
    Purchased 03/2023 with 56k original miles.
    New DD.

R.I.P. REX aka S/C CHEESEHEAD

Lar, I don't know how i feel about the news brother!! I am really happy for you and I think it will definitely be for the best for you, but I cant help but feel bad that you aren't around the Chi crew anymore! Keep us posted whenever you are in town!

too much crap on the car to list it all

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2958325

Thanks Sanco,I miss you guys too,it sure is different from Chicago and it's much better for me.
    It's amazing that considering the lack of Marauders around here how many people come up to me to acknowledge my DTR.
    I've heard there's a Black MM in Prescott Valley somewhere so I have an ample supply of Windy City Marauder Get Out of Jail Free cards from the old days in the car and bike ready to card it when I see it. Meanwhile I guess I'll be a Windy City Nomad,lol.
    Member #462
    2004 DTR II
    2005 H-D E Glide Classic
    2009 Super Glide Custom

I am one hour south of you (down the hill). I will be up in Prescott at the end of the month (wifey and I get away for the weekend) but I will be taking our Corvette not the Marauder.

My shop will be having it's cancer charity car show in October and maybe you could make it down if we don't hook up at the end of the month.

PROCHARGER SUPERCHARGER FROM F.I.T. # 007
    18psi pulley
    MMR built Stroker 5.0+.020 overbore
    Forged Crank/Manley Rods/Manley Pistons
    Billet Oil Pump
    ARP Bolts and head studs
    Snow Methanol Injection
    3500 Stall Converter (PI)
    Stryker 340 Fuel Pump
    45 lbs Injectors
    4:10 gears
    K&N Air Filter