Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rear mount turbo build

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    Better hurry up and get done! After he gets here game over till he goes to school.....
    Crumb snatchers are expensive!!!

And three of them will break your bank! I call my oldest PackMan because all he does is walk around the kitchen with his mouth going up and down every half hour or so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thanks everyone!

Yea the wife actually bribed me, that if she gets to name him, then I get to spend the money for the turbo mounting /hotside fabrication lol. She knows my weakness. So now his name is Jacob which works for me

I'm just excited to force the love for cars upon him so all he will want is car parts for holidays just like his dad. and I'm tired of not having a tool / beer fetcher

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So instead of paying someone to weld up the turbo kit, I decided to invest the money in a tig welder and teach myself, 1st time tig welding--why not aluminum pipe right?! Don't judge, they are stuck together.

Also got a factory located coolant reservoir. Got a portable Dewalt band saw for a steal. Which should cut through the stainless no problem.

This is pretty much where I'm at with it, piping wise, it's going to be interesting squeezing under the evaporator box but I'm getting it done. Waiting on more fab parts to come so I can mount the bov and Maf on the piping, Im also going to start the stainless fabbing shortly

Portable band saws are an everyday tool for me. If more people were to try using them they would be a common garage item!

I have two 20V Dewalts scattered between the garage and tool shed and a third job provided 18V Milwaukee fuel in the van.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Portable band saws are an everyday tool for me. If more people were to try using them they would be a common garage item!

I have two 20V Dewalts scattered between the garage and tool shed and a third job provided 18V Milwaukee fuel in the van.

I'm excited to see this thing in action, I'm looking into the swag offroad table that they make for the portabands to help make a nice square cut.

Was it you that had some type of brace on your charge piping to your throttle body? To keep it from blowing off. If it was, do you have any pictures of it?

I wouldn’t knock anyone who is trying to do it all themselves, looks good to me, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by minimarine09 View Post
    So instead of paying someone to weld up the turbo kit, I decided to invest the money in a tig welder and teach myself, 1st time tig welding--why not aluminum pipe right?! Don't judge, they are stuck together.

Also got a factory located coolant reservoir. Got a portable Dewalt band saw for a steal. Which should cut through the stainless no problem.

This is pretty much where I'm at with it, piping wise, it's going to be interesting squeezing under the evaporator box but I'm getting it done. Waiting on more fab parts to come so I can mount the bov and Maf on the piping, Im also going to start the stainless fabbing shortly

As long as you have good penetration on the welds your good. You get a TIG with a pedal or scratch to start?

SS is WAY easier to TIG over aluminum. You could have always went with a spool and MIG aluminum just the same

You need to put a check valve on one of those PCV hoses so you don't send boost into the cranckcase.

As long as you have good penetration on the welds your good. You get a TIG with a pedal or scratch to start?

SS is WAY easier to TIG than aluminum. You could have always went with a spool and MIG aluminum just the same
    I got the lotos tig200, it's a square wave inverter machine with high freq start. I'm still getting used to the pedal it comes with. the pipes were done using the trigger on the torch. It's allot to grasp at once, especially starting with aluminum.

I'm a little nervous to overheat the stainless while welding because what I'm reading is if you cook it to much it may lose its stainless properties. Maybe I'm just over thinking it

I'm excited to see this thing in action, I'm looking into the swag offroad table that they make for the portabands to help make a nice square cut.

Was it you that had some type of brace on your charge piping to your throttle body? To keep it from blowing off. If it was, do you have any pictures of it?

Yep that’s mine. I’ll see if I have a pic somewhere as it’s been stuck in the air for a couple of months with all the winter crap and motorcycles under it.

SOLD 12/31/2021

I got the lotos tig200, it's a square wave inverter machine with high freq start. I'm still getting used to the pedal it comes with. the pipes were done using the trigger on the torch. It's allot to grasp at once, especially starting with aluminum.

I'm a little nervous to overheat the stainless while welding because what I'm reading is if you cook it to much it may lose its stainless properties. Maybe I'm just over thinking it

I highly recommend back purging your stainless hot side, itll assure no cracks down the road
    04 twin turbo Marauder custom made by myself 😁
    3800stall freddy Brown 4stbe trans 31 spline rear
    601rwhp 592rwtq @19psi

SS is WAY easier to TIG over aluminum. You could have always went with a spool and MIG aluminum just the same

You need to put a check valve on one of those PCV hoses so you don't send boost into the cranckcase.

I still have a hard time even with my spool set up, proper gas, and dedicated wire brush. (Very important not to use on other metals)

I still haven’t gotten around to picking up a TIG but I think I just want the simple Miller Diversion 180. I took it for a test drive at my supplier and laid a pretty damn good stack of dimes (with nickels... LOL) on aluminum with my first ever pass with a TIG. I have an extensive history in oxy acetylene and he said then you’ll be good, same basic hand movements, just add a pedal. I loved it.

I have over two grand already wrapped up in my Hobart 210 with spool, cart, three different tanks for mild, SS, and Aluminum, plus all the accessories. It’s easy to over invest in this stuff..

SOLD 12/31/2021

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information