MercuryMarauder.net Forums    

Go Back   MercuryMarauder.net Forums > Marauder Community > Community Discussion

Community Discussion Home of the 2003-2004 Marauder.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-04-2007, 03:36 PM
gmtech's Avatar
gmtech gmtech is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jackson TN
Age: 37
Posts: 822
Trader: (11)
I Need Boost!!

plain and simple...just cant afford it right now...but it will happen next spring for sure (FIT HERE I COME)..anyways the reason for this is on my way home from work this black 4 Door,chrome wheeled,tinted windowed BMW 750iL gets beside me at a light ...when it turned green i GOT MY A** handed to me really bad, almost wanted to just pull over and stop ...I NEED BOOST
__________________

03 300A / 08-15-02 Build / #3525
Gone But Not Forgotten
03 SVT F-150 / 05-01-03 Build / #3553
Lots Of Mods..13.5# boost
04 SVT Cobra
2.9 Whipple
03 Harley F150
Stock Boost...For Now
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Raudermaster's Avatar
Raudermaster Raudermaster is offline
I need more COWBELL!
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MA
Age: 31
Posts: 5,893
Trader: (9)
Yea man, those Bimmer 8's are nothing to mess with. My friend at school has a '01 S500, not even the AMG package, and that 5.0 would whoop my car with the mods I have. S/C's not in yet!
__________________
'03 A #1801 - Tuned By Outlaw Dyno
445rwhp/408rwtq - 12.6/110mph
DR Vortech NOIC #5
Sold
'88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, built 8.8"
'11 F250 Powerstroke - 476hp/1208tq
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-04-2007, 04:03 PM
RaceLegend79's Avatar
RaceLegend79 RaceLegend79 is offline
Go Blue!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Age: 38
Posts: 157
Trader: (0)
Well my future boost involves a little different approach. I will be having the Squires Turbo System, remote turbo and an egine done by a local Houston shop. I hope and pray that I get see one those guys on the street so he can get a little beat down.
PS the forged motor and the STS should be installed for less than 7k

Last edited by RaceLegend79; 10-04-2007 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Forgot info
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Raudermaster's Avatar
Raudermaster Raudermaster is offline
I need more COWBELL!
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MA
Age: 31
Posts: 5,893
Trader: (9)
Pray for an AMG then. He'll be pissed he spent $90k when you spent less than $30k on it. AMG's are no joke though. Ever seen the Renntech one's? I have Wes to thank for showing me videos of those, those are pretty much what Dinan is to BMW.
__________________
'03 A #1801 - Tuned By Outlaw Dyno
445rwhp/408rwtq - 12.6/110mph
DR Vortech NOIC #5
Sold
'88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, built 8.8"
'11 F250 Powerstroke - 476hp/1208tq
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-2007, 04:12 PM
mrjones mrjones is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Friendswood, TX
Age: 57
Posts: 1,758
Trader: (0)
[QUOTEYea man, those Bimmer 8's are nothing to mess with.

If I'm not terribly mistaken, a 750 is a V12. Having your ass handed to you by a car sporting 4 more cylinders, and an extra $70K on the sticker ain't so bad.

Although, it would've been much more fun had it gone the other way!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2007, 04:27 PM
gmtech's Avatar
gmtech gmtech is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jackson TN
Age: 37
Posts: 822
Trader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjones View Post
[QUOTEYea man, those Bimmer 8's are nothing to mess with.

If I'm not terribly mistaken, a 750 is a V12. Having your ass handed to you by a car sporting 4 more cylinders, and an extra $70K on the sticker ain't so bad.

Although, it would've been much more fun had it gone the other way!
yeah that true..just cant wait till i get my american iron boosted so it can go the other way
__________________

03 300A / 08-15-02 Build / #3525
Gone But Not Forgotten
03 SVT F-150 / 05-01-03 Build / #3553
Lots Of Mods..13.5# boost
04 SVT Cobra
2.9 Whipple
03 Harley F150
Stock Boost...For Now
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-04-2007, 06:35 PM
MM_BKK's Avatar
MM_BKK MM_BKK is offline
Let's do this!!!
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Garden State
Age: 50
Posts: 440
Trader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceLegend79 View Post
Well my future boost involves a little different approach. I will be having the Squires Turbo System, remote turbo and an egine done by a local Houston shop. I hope and pray that I get see one those guys on the street so he can get a little beat down.
PS the forged motor and the STS should be installed for less than 7k
You're kidding us right? You're getting a forged motor built and a custom STS turbo system and installation labor all for under $7000?
Is someone being very generous with you? Which one of the 3 things above you're getting for free?
Care to give us a cost break down? If that $7K is for real, there might be a line forming!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-04-2007, 08:47 PM
bigmerc'03's Avatar
bigmerc'03 bigmerc'03 is offline
Down south marauder!!
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Smyrna,Ga
Age: 44
Posts: 556
Trader: (0)
what the install price of the turbo compared to the supercharger air2air
__________________
VORTECH A2A supercharger ,accufab 60mm throttle body,all fluids royal purple,cobra headers and exhaust by todd at Grands,410 gears rebuilt rearend(eaton), 3600 high stall converter,rebuilt transmission by Team Ford of marietta rear girdle,powerslot cryo disc, and stainless steel lines from dennis and tuned by aric at INJECTED INGINEERING
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Taemian's Avatar
Taemian Taemian is online now
Trilogized by RC_Signals!
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Langley, BC
Age: 49
Posts: 1,729
Trader: (2)
I'm also getting the "Reality Bites" lesson of Marauder ownership. My captains at work have a SRT Magnum, a BMW 750something, and a Charger SRT respectively. I show up, bragging about my MM...and get thumped hard. Also got thumped on the street by a Neon SRT, and barely stayed even with a new Cobalt SS. Those two REALLY hurt. I now understand why our car never sold in greater numbers....stock version sucks, especially when the retail price was as high as it was. I paid 24.5k for mine with 9000 on the odo, so I didn't get any bargain. Add 4k for shipping/taxes/duties to get it into Canada, and I'm thinking an SRT, or even an RT would've been the way to go. Maybe I'm expecting too much for 0-60 stuff. I only want to know that if I'm trundling along at 40mph, I shouldn't have to worry about passing or even keeping up with RTs at least. Since I have no mods (owned the car 5 weeks now) I guess I expected too much.
__________________

1 of 170 '04 SB w/sunroof, light flint int.

Lidio's Xcal2 flash, JLT CAI
Trilogized June/08 (mostly installed by RC_Signals)
13.2@103 on stock (balding) tires.

Added: SW Long tube Headers + High Flow Cats
New BFGs (Best Baby Shower gift EVER!)

** New Best**
12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09

Ventilated Block Mod
Out of commission

Rebuilt with:
Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-05-2007, 03:33 AM
SamF's Avatar
SamF SamF is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 381
Trader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taemian View Post
I'm also getting the "Reality Bites" lesson of Marauder ownership. My captains at work have a SRT Magnum, a BMW 750something, and a Charger SRT respectively. I show up, bragging about my MM...and get thumped hard. Also got thumped on the street by a Neon SRT, and barely stayed even with a new Cobalt SS. Those two REALLY hurt. I now understand why our car never sold in greater numbers....stock version sucks, especially when the retail price was as high as it was. I paid 24.5k for mine with 9000 on the odo, so I didn't get any bargain. Add 4k for shipping/taxes/duties to get it into Canada, and I'm thinking an SRT, or even an RT would've been the way to go. Maybe I'm expecting too much for 0-60 stuff. I only want to know that if I'm trundling along at 40mph, I shouldn't have to worry about passing or even keeping up with RTs at least. Since I have no mods (owned the car 5 weeks now) I guess I expected too much.
You need 4.10's and a tune right off the bat to even the odds off the line...more $$$ At 40 mph the story becomes very different as these motors truly shine in the mid and higher rpm's...
__________________
03 300A Build Date 08/02
Trilogy #151
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-05-2007, 04:12 AM
snowbird's Avatar
snowbird snowbird is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Quebec city Canada
Age: 62
Posts: 661
Trader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taemian View Post
I'm also getting the "Reality Bites" lesson of Marauder ownership. My captains at work have a SRT Magnum, a BMW 750something, and a Charger SRT respectively. I show up, bragging about my MM...and get thumped hard. Also got thumped on the street by a Neon SRT, and barely stayed even with a new Cobalt SS. Those two REALLY hurt. I now understand why our car never sold in greater numbers....stock version sucks, especially when the retail price was as high as it was. I paid 24.5k for mine with 9000 on the odo, so I didn't get any bargain. Add 4k for shipping/taxes/duties to get it into Canada, and I'm thinking an SRT, or even an RT would've been the way to go. Maybe I'm expecting too much for 0-60 stuff. I only want to know that if I'm trundling along at 40mph, I shouldn't have to worry about passing or even keeping up with RTs at least. Since I have no mods (owned the car 5 weeks now) I guess I expected too much.

I would just change the last sentence for " I guess I was expecting too much !". One or two mods will wake up the car as they are responding very well and are really a gift to modders from Ford.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-05-2007, 05:40 AM
Taemian's Avatar
Taemian Taemian is online now
Trilogized by RC_Signals!
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Langley, BC
Age: 49
Posts: 1,729
Trader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
You need 4.10's and a tune right off the bat to even the odds off the line...more $$$ At 40 mph the story becomes very different as these motors truly shine in the mid and higher rpm's...
I ordered an Xcal2 from Alt Auto already, but I have to pick it up at a friend's place in Oregon. (Lidio doesn't ship to Canada) After speaking with Lidio at length, we nixed the idea of 4.10s, since I'm getting a Trilogy when the car loan is paid off in June or July. He said traction becomes a fairly big problem with that combo. I personally don't like the look of the widened rims w/Nittos, it takes away the whole "sleeper" idea for me, and I'd need those to combat traction loss. I also ordered a K&N CAI which is also waiting down in Oregon.
__________________

1 of 170 '04 SB w/sunroof, light flint int.

Lidio's Xcal2 flash, JLT CAI
Trilogized June/08 (mostly installed by RC_Signals)
13.2@103 on stock (balding) tires.

Added: SW Long tube Headers + High Flow Cats
New BFGs (Best Baby Shower gift EVER!)

** New Best**
12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09

Ventilated Block Mod
Out of commission

Rebuilt with:
Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-05-2007, 05:45 AM
MarauderTJA's Avatar
MarauderTJA MarauderTJA is offline
Extreme Bullitt
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Age: 67
Posts: 4,620
Trader: (3)
Nothing, nothing makes our cars better than BOOST
__________________
former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
"Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-05-2007, 05:56 AM
Bradley G's Avatar
Bradley G Bradley G is offline
broke but not dead!
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rockford
Age: 59
Posts: 10,203
Trader: (9)
Boost is your friend!
__________________
2004 Marauder Black /Black that went 12.2@113went for more broke, looking for elevens!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-05-2007, 05:58 AM
O's Fan Rich's Avatar
O's Fan Rich O's Fan Rich is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
Posts: 6,273
Trader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taemian View Post
I After speaking with Lidio at length, we nixed the idea of 4.10s, since I'm getting a Trilogy when the car loan is paid off in June or July. He said traction becomes a fairly big problem with that combo. I personally don't like the look of the widened rims w/Nittos, it takes away the whole "sleeper" idea for me, and I'd need those to combat traction loss. I also ordered a K&N CAI which is also waiting down in Oregon.
He said that, huh?
He drove my car in August after the re-tune and was complimenting the hook-up....
__________________
04 Crown Victoria Sport

2008 Harley Davidson Nightrain- sold....

2016 Harley Davidson Street Glide - Olive Gold

1995 F150 4x2 4.9 5spd

1995 Schwinn High Plains 21 speed, custom gearing.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much boost on your stock motor??? juno Shop Talk 23 05-12-2007 06:21 AM
Boost Gauge or No Boost Gauge KillJoy Shop Talk 18 08-14-2006 07:20 PM
[TRILOGY] Bad boost gauge, or something else? blackf0rk Shop Talk 17 05-31-2006 05:34 PM
How Much Boost on Standard Pulley???? Smokie Trilogy Motorsports 21 06-29-2005 05:23 PM
No Procharger/MM testing due to Ice and salt maraudernkc Power Adders 3 01-07-2005 09:37 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2017 - MercuryMarauder.net