Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Musclemerc Is Back And He's Bringing New Power With Him

I have a killer chiller too so my iats were like 100 in GA heat.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Travis, at 19#s I was blowing off a couple of vacuum lines that were zip tied down and did a quick fix with super glue then zip ties to finish up the dyno. At 26#s I blew off the vacuum line under the dash for the HVAC LOL. I still plan to convert all that I possibly can over to AN including a custom manifold on the firewall whenever I feel like taking the time to itemize and order.

Just reminding you of the obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OOOh, Travis is getting Bobby motivated again!

I think this is the best thread I have seen on this site since I joined up in 09. It motivated me to renew my subscription and now I want to run out to the garage and get busy finishing up some MM projects that have been on the back burner for some time now. And get my RC airplanes ready for the summer. Install the K&N filter in my Suzuki Bandit. Clean out the garage. Rake the yard. Power wash the siding. Vacuum out my work car for the first time in 2 years....

Travis for President!

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    I think this is the best thread I have seen on this site since I joined up in 09. It motivated me to renew my subscription and now I want to run out to the garage and get busy finishing up some MM projects that have been on the back burner for some time now. And get my RC airplanes ready for the summer. Install the K&N filter in my Suzuki Bandit. Clean out the garage. Rake the yard. Power wash the siding. Vacuum out my work car for the first time in 2 years....

Travis for President!

It’s 38*, put the beer down and disregard all the sunshine that’s lying to you!

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

awesome build, this is how I would do it if I started all over again!!
    can't wait to see what she lays down!!!
    • 82 GT coyote swap started
    • 03 300a Marauder, stroked,cammed,T/S Trilogy Supercharged # 216,Best Et 10.77@129.72 on slicks, 93 pump gas. driven to the track.
    • 2011 GT 500, 3.4 whipple,93 pump gas,10.47@133,Driven to the track.
    • 2003 azura blue Mach 1, cobra motor,2.9 Whipple,crusher inlet,built 4r70w trans,04 IRS rear.full weight street car, Corn Fed

Damn that is looking sexy.

Awesome write up along with pictures travis
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Guess I should work on my junk sometime soon thanks a lot! LOL
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    It’s 38*, put the beer down and disregard all the sunshine that’s lying to you!

lol
    Cheer up Negative Nancy.

I came up with a cost effective way to debling my Ford Racing COP covers, oil cap, and intercooler reservoir. Plastidip was the best alternative. I hit them with several coats and was quite pleased with the outcome

Looks way better next to the carbon fiber CAI.

I stripped the front dress off the car, removed the DS header, grabbed the engine lift and in the engine bay she went.

Before installing the front dress I came up with a fix for the PS COT fitting. I cut it to clear the tensioner bridge and welded a ring around the end of it with SS welding wire to prevent the hose blowing off.

I knew the CAI was going to be a challenge so that's the first bridge I wanted to cross. I removed the windshield washer reservoir and to my surprise the GT500 filter housing fit perfect.

I had already ordered a slot style to 04 Terminator wiring adapter from VMP performance.

I was also proactive in prepping for the CAI install and sourced the correct gloss carbon fiber tubing to match the finish on the JLT silencer delete. I also ordered the correct size T-bolt fastners, silicone hump hose connectors, and the hump hose for the 5" Cobra Jet SBTB

The CAI kit came out pretty good after all the cutting and chopping was done.

Now that's over with, back to the front dress and supercharger belt length. I started with a Gates 080510 and it was just too long. I dropped down to a Gates 080505 and got the sweet spot. I had a 10 rib 90mm idler I picked up from LFP performance and after measuring twice I needed a 76mm Thump idler for the tensioner.

Last edited by musclemerc; 04-15-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Thump RRR tensioners are nice, they help a lot with tensioning but I had a trade off. There isn't enough room for the tensioner and the radiator de-gassing container. Luckily I already had a fender mount unit on the shelf. Originally my plan was to use the OEM fender mount container as in intercooler reservoir but after seeing the size of the top connector and the baffles inside the tank I ditched the idea. Here's the part number for the OEM tank.

Just a heads up the bolts that come with the tank are too short to pass through the fender liner. I used furniture bolts and cut them down to size.

Here's a pic of the clearance of a Thump RRR tensioner at Eaton Swap length.

I wanted to do something different for all the 5/8" hose I needed for this build. I didn't want to look at a whole lot of rubber so I sprung on silicone hose. I used it for the intercooler inlet/outlet, the remote mounted IAC valve, the fresh air side of the DS cam cover, and the fresh air feed from the CAI

This isn't the finished product, I ordered the correct aluminum hoses separators to give it a finished look.

As I went on my way placing the 5/8" silicone hose where it was needed I couldn't help but think how well James Hell designed his kit. He placed the IAC valve in the EGR location on the blower so its out of the way. Really smart!!

Now its time to route the new 3/4" intercooler hoses over to the DS of the car and install the reservoir. To route the hoses I followed the lower radiator hose and covered both hoses with convolute tubing to protect them from debris. when I transitioned into the lower DS fender area I covered the hoses in nylon weave to protect them from header heat. The reservoir dropped right in and filled the gap just as I envisioned it.

I had to notch the fender liner for the strap I also siliconed a 1/4" thick 4" round piece of ABS plastic to the base of the reservoir so it can ride right on top of the center bolt for the coil over and not puncture the tank under vibration.

By now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I prime the intercooler system and check for leaks. pretty proud of what she's starting to look like.

Notice I covered the billet 650HP plate on the blower with a blacked out Ford Racing logo. I left the plate on since it had a satin finish it all blends together nicely.

Next in line is fluids and a startup!!!
    Last edited by musclemerc; 04-08-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Very nice man!
    300A Black
    4:10 gears, Flowmaster 44's with rear cat delete, SW headers with 3 inch cats to 2.5 custom h. 3500 stall, Twisted synergy dyno tune, addco f/r , rear control arms, Novi 1200 air to air with the fixings.

Sweet! Can't wait to hear it starting up and running!

This is awesome man!!!

I'm speechless.

So glad to see you're back sharing your knowledge and your builds Travis.

Best post in years.

Transmission warranty is now VOID ...
    I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E Transmissions, check out my Facebook page for my latest project; https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information