Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife crashed MM last night

The rear bumper cover, wheels, front grille, and interior alone are probably worth more than the insurance company will give you for it.

If I were in your boat, Id start parting it out, then use the proceeds to get a new 'Rauder, swap over your goodies then continue parting out the rest til its scrap yard ready.
    2004 Silver Birch w/moonroof. "Isabelle"

Eaton swapped summer/fall 2015 with all the gooddies, tune by the one-and-only Marty-O +2psi pulley, Steigemeyer stage 6 port, SWLT, custom ss exhaust, Borla ProXS, Addco sway bars, TCE s/s brake hoses, Hawk HPS pads, Zack big brak kit, J-mod, battery in trunk, full custom audio (never used, blower whine sounds better)

To do list:
    HID headlights, LED interior/exterior, courtesy "3-flash" turn signals, widen wheels, rear deck wing, marauder stencil on cmhsl? bumper cover inserts? deck lid, steering whee, hood liner godshead, more power!

if you decide to look for parts, hood and fenders and doors, 98-11 crown vic, or grand marquis.. header panel MUST be marauder or 03-05 marquis..crown vic one does not work due to grille. aftermarket header panels are not recommend due to poor fit. Since you don't have collision, no point in notifying ins. comp.

parting out varies $.. rims $600-1000, rear bumper cover $500-$800, higher end $ if it needs no paint. exhaust tips. $150-250 based on condition, interior almost everything sellable seats, dash trim, etc. switches, covers, console, motor and trans..with rebuild and receipts..$2500-$4000 maybe? depends onmiles, brand of parts used etc..forged or not. These are est. prices based on what I have seen over the years..they all can vary based on demand..obsolete stuff is in demand,,bumper covers, front seats, etc..
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    if you decide to look for parts, hood and fenders and doors, 98-11 crown vic, or grand marquis.. header panel MUST be marauder or 03-05 marquis..crown vic one does not work due to grille. aftermarket header panels are not recommend due to poor fit. Since you don't have collision, no point in notifying ins. comp.

parting out varies $.. rims $600-1000, rear bumper cover $500-$800, higher end $ if it needs no paint. exhaust tips. $150-250 based on condition, interior almost everything sellable seats, dash trim, etc. switches, covers, console, motor and trans..with rebuild and receipts..$2500-$4000 maybe? depends onmiles, brand of parts used etc..forged or not. These are est. prices based on what I have seen over the years..they all can vary based on demand..obsolete stuff is in demand,,bumper covers, front seats, etc..

Great! Thank you for the info.

FIX ITT!!!!

Please don't part it out. its still a beautiful ride. And its definitely Fixable now that I've seen the pictures. anyone who says otherwise just wants some parts. And if you do sell it. Hopefully you find a buyer that would like to repair and bring it back to life.

Sorry to see the aftermath/damage...
    If you decide to part it out and look for a new Marauder, let me know.
    I've got one for sale and you wouldn't have to swap any parts/mods onto mine.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

That really sucks man, if you do decide to fix it get it on a frame rack to be sure nothing is tweaked.

parting out is time consuming, shipping estimates, packaging, money, paypal and need a place to do it..A price to walk away from it as is is hard to determine..I've seen motorless and bad motor cars go for $1500..Can buy marauders for $4-6k running etc..
    As is..I'm guessing $3000 plus or minus? to someone who either has a car with bad motor or wants to source parts to fix it. Some members here have done this before and maybe will post up what they experienced. Good luck to whatever you decide.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Dennis Gage says "Restore em, don't crush em". But I'd understand if you parted it out.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    I personally would fix the car. Or sell it to someone that will. Just be glad the damage is not on the rear quarters. Good luck

Yeah I would too. There’s a local marquis in my loca junk yard with the front end intact. I’m sure parts would be cheap at any local to you as well. Good luck with your decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.1999 P71 stock
    2.2003 Marauder 300A Mods: JLT intake MSD coils SCT livewire TS with custom Mo's tune

OP, i purchased a similar mileage and wrecked silver car off this site a few months back. The suspension wasnt messed up, but it needed hood, nose lights grille bumper, paint.
    I purchased the car for 2k and had it shipped sight unseen.

Your car has suspension damage, needs quite a bit more work, and has been involved in a front in collision prior/

It is hard to put a actual number on the car without actually seeing it in person.
    maybe 2-3k?

I would take it in for a look at the passenger side suspension. I bet it needs control arms and a spring and shock from the impact/ see how far the damage is and assess if you want to fix it.

Honestly, 2 doors, 2 fenders, a hood, bumper, nose can be purchased for less than a grand if you shop right. You might luck out and find correct color painted parts. Try craigslist and local marketplace on facebook. Certainly there are a lot of black vics down there that you can buy a few parts off. That damage is minimal except for the suspension, which is easy because its metal.

I would fix it and drive it for another 100K
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

If the frame isn't badly tweaked, fix it. Fenders, hoods etc. all available at most junkyards. Bumper covers pop up here from time to time.

FIX IT!!!!! It is all bolt on parts and you'll get your baby back in top condition with a little effort.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

That's a shame but at least Mrs is OK. Marauder safety! glad she wasn't driving a SmartCar. I suggest with 190,000 on it if you don't want to spend all the dough, use Grand marquis parts once you determine the front end is OK. May have at least one bent control arm there, those are pretty cheap at Rock auto, a bit of a chore to replace not the end of the world.

I'd fix just what had to be fixed to get it roadworthy again, then worry about perfection later.

Expensive part is the front bumper cover= $600. Get a regular Grand Marquis cover for less than $100. Better than going Marauderless! Then see how the car drives after the fix. If you drive it a while and gotta have it 100% then collect the parts. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmobile View Post
    After looking at it, I'd say it's more on the re-build-able side. I wouldn't even inform the INS co. as long as no one was injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD MERC View Post
    FIX IT!!!!! It is all bolt on parts and you'll get your baby back in top condition with a little effort.
    That's what I would do too. It drove home, so you could just drive it with beat up body panels and gradually find the bolt-on parts to fix it. I have a hood and maybe a passenger door, already the right color. If you're lucky you can find some black fenders in a junkyard. Aftermarket bumper covers are available. Then a header panel and lights will finish it off.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

I would say fix it if it had low miles but with that many miles you should let it go and buy mines!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information