Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SergntMac's First MM Rides Again!

SergntMac's First MM Rides Again!

I am very pleased to announce that I and my child bride have adopted SergntMac's first MM. I must be dreaming...please, don't wake me up!

The rest of this is more my personal therapy session, so you can skip it if you want.

How did it come to this...buying Mac's first MM?

A little history:
    I've been nuts about Fox body mustangs since 1989 when I bought my first...the '86 GT. What a blast! Cheap and very fast. (Would you believe I traded in a diesel VW rabbit?) I and my son (now 25) have owned 3 others since then but still have the '86 GT.

In the mid 90's I got interested in the Lincoln Mk 7, what I call an uppity mustang because it has the same drive train as the mustang but a "luxury sports coupe" (LSC) body and interior. So almost all the go fast and handle better mods for mustangs can be done to the Mk7. At that time Child Bride was driving a manual trans '82 Mercedes 300, not turbo. It had 150K, was getting even slower, and she was tired of shifting gears. So it seemed like a good idea to find a cherry Mk 7 to replace it and begin to make the LSC into a hot rod Lincoln. In June '96 we found our '92 which had 55K miles at the time. In the last 65K miles and 7 years some things have been done towards making it a hot rod and I have a long list of others to do.

I never thought I would be willing to replace our Mk7. It has served long and well and is lots 'o fun. Not to mention what it would be when/if I finished the job! Then last fall I read an article about the MM in one of the Mustang magazines I take. Reminded me of the early 90's Impala SS, but I liked it better. And my child bride liked the idea of the big trunk and 4 doors. (The LSC has heavy doors and not much trunk, as you likely already know.)

In December I saw one for sale on EBay that had been fixed up with chip, gears, exhaust, etc. I'm fairly sure it is/was Logan's. (Yes, Logan?) I almost drove up to Dallas to check it out, but I wasn't really ready to dive in yet and time was too short. That was also when I discovered mercurymarauder.net.

Since then, I had been waiting for the '04s to come out (they will, won't they?) so I could find a low mile used '03 at a much better price than new, maybe in the fall. Meantime, I test drove a couple and had my child bride try one out. She liked it and I love the potential. The Mk 7 was going to have to be replaced.

The big decision:
    Then last month I noticed everyone raving about Mac's first MM being for sale and found it on CarMax a couple of days later. That's when I began reconsidering waiting.

So I called the CarMax dealer to get the VIN etc. and a little info about getting it transferred down here to Texas (we're in Austin). The sales guy said "it is all stock, no mods". He didn't know what they really had. Such a shame.

Mac was kind enough to tell me all about it...especially how it's the fastest N/A MM out there and why. Enuf for me. And MartyO backed him up. (Child Bride overheard both conversations and said it sounded like brothers who had not seen each other for years.)

Took 'em 2 weeks to get the car down here and by then it was too late. We were committed.

Wow, what a great car!! Child bride loves it, she can leave 'em in the dust much better than with the Mk 7. Wait, there is more! Mac has proven to be a PRINCE with his friendly helpful ways and has been working overtime in making us feel like we're the original owners...he sent me all the original parts and docs. Thanks MAC!!!

I guess that's it for now. If you read this far, hope you feel as good as I do.

P.S. BTW, The Mk 7 is going up for sale when I get the '66 running (by Oct, I hope). If you're interested, you know who to call...rice buster!

P.P.S. I notice the mustang mags are reporting tons more stuff available and articles on how to get more power from the mod motors, such as the 4.6 DOHC in our Marauders. If you want to do some serious work on the engine, check 'em out. (Because of that, I considered getting a used Grand Marquis and doing some mods. But IMO it would cost way to much to get it to match the stock MM in both appearance AND performance.)
    ostentatious: "intended to attract notice and impress others."

SergntMac's first MM adopted 7/5/03. (I bought it for my wife. Honest.)
    '66 Mustang Conv resto-mod always in process.
    '96 Mustang GT bone stock.

Congrats on making a wise decision. It was great to learn how this came about. What we DIDN'T learn was anything new about Mac....we already knew it and could have told ya he's a "stand-up-guy".

Enjoy the ride!

Welcome Austin! You sound like you've been lurking here for months!

Congrats on a really sweet sounding ride. It's what my ride wants to be when it grows up. Now you just gotta beg the Mrs to let you wash it or something. (From the sounds - good luck getting to drive it!)

Mac seems like one of a kind. Hope to meet the old <strike>coot</strike> guy someday
    2003 Marauder 300eh - Stock

Born: 12/03/2002
    Adopted 02/17/2003

Trilogy #243

AVIC D3
    SS Inserts.
    Metco Control arms and Watts link.
    QA1 8 way adjustable shocks and struts.
    Addco front and rear anti-roll bars.
    Wilwood front brakes.

I can't drive 55. I'm looking forward to not being able to drive 75 ether.

Nice that the car stayed in the family, so to speak. Congrats on your great new ride!
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Bob: I knew you'd come around and find us here! Welcome aboard!! Now, get registered for the Ennis event. Your attendance is required. Be sure to set aside for Mac and his old gal -- it could (more like, will) get emotional!!!

I gotta go find Mac and get my sales commission....

amerikan Guest
    Very nice... you made a wise choice... it's good news that someone from MM.net bought the car

Man, I always knew that car was to good not to be in Texas,
    welcome to both of you.
    Ex Marauder owner,
    May 5th, 2003, March Bought new
    February 2007, Installed Trilogy,
    March 30th, 2011, sold to a great home.

Great car, great people, great times, wonderful memories.

Welcome Bob and Sharyn, and thank you for going through all you have to keep "My Girl" around. I know you will take good care of her, as she will take care for you. She is one solid and very quick MM...sniff...

We smoked CarMax big time. When I sold her, I didn't say anything about "mods" but I did provide a few candid photos of some neat staging dances, with a stern warning not to let the kiddies behind the wheel. I remember watching the porter's face as he drove her away, and you would have thought he wanted to jump out of the car...spooked he was.

I don't know if you or Sharyn do any racing, Bob, but she will carry you down the 1320 in 13.8 or better in Texas air.

Can't explain how happy I am that My Girl has a good home, and loving parents.

Welcome again, and thank you.

Great story will be hard to ever part with that one. I love the fox mustangs also and have owned many and several with storys like your MM find!
    SILVER/300B ONE OF 418 (RE-CONTENTING)
    35%TINT
    CONSOLE MOUNT DVD-MP3-PLAYER TV & TRUNK MOUNT VCP PLAYER
    7.0 INCH COLOR FLIP DOWN SCREEN
    HEATED SEATS
    CARGO ORGANIZER
    FACTORY TRUNK MOUNT 6 CD
    SUPERCHIPS TUNED
    SILVER STARS
    V-1 RADAR DETECTOR
    KENWOODS X4
    XM RADIO
    *LOOKING FOR A DEAL ON A "Trilogy Supercharger"*

WolfeBros Guest
    Welcome Bob and Sharyn. Glad Mac's car found a good home and in Texas too ! You have a great car and it was well taken care of by a great guy. Welcome again to our humble lil BBS. Hope you can make it to Ennis in September.

Lightbulb Good job!!

Welcome Bob and Sharyn: I see MM.net has served you well. Enjoy the car. Mac is one straight shooter!
    Hope to meet you in Marauderville (Ennis) in Sept.
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Bob and Sharon,don't forget to send Mac some post cards once and awhile!Mac and his Girl were pretty attached and I know how much care he took in bringing his girl up right!
    Ive been lucky enough to drive her a couple of times (in a controled enviroment) too.And know how proud Mac is of his girl.Congats and welcome to the Family.
    Gary Chapel
    2003 (#867 of #7839) 300A Marauder
    #23 MercuryMarauder.net member
    6/7/02 Build Date
    6/17/02 Purchased
    IL Plate MARAWDR
    35%Tint All Around
    Z&M Control Arms
    Real AutoMeter Oil Gauge
    Marauder Hats in rear window
    Rear Bumper Gray Decals
    Trunk Organizer
    OEM Frt Splash Guards
    ProGuard
    Weathershield Marauder Cover
    2XL Marader Jacket
    McGard Wheel Locks
    Marauder Billet Pedals
    Marauder Door Sills
    Denso Plugs IT20's
    8/3/03 Dyno 260.4 RWHP/291.3 Torque

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Welcome! We've all been patiently waiting for you to peek in.

I heard the stereo is also fine tuned, to play Pipe music (drum too of course) BTW, if you you hear anything "rolling" around, it's probably just drum sticks.
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Welcome Bob and Sharyn - Enjoy your new ride.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Originally posted by RCSignals
    Welcome! We've all been patiently waiting for you to peek in.

I heard the stereo is also fine tuned, to play Pipe music (drum too of course) BTW, if you you hear anything "rolling" around, it's probably just drum sticks.
    Just you stop now, RC, if I laugh any harder, I'll have to call 911...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information