Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radio stopped working?

Radio stopped working?

Last night i turned off the radio in the Marauder. This morning when i turned it on, everything functioned but no sound through the speakers. Funny thing is the subwoofer still works. All factory stereo components. Any thoughts?
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    Last night i turned off the radio in the Marauder. This morning when i turned it on, everything functioned but no sound through the speakers. Funny thing is the subwoofer still works. All factory stereo components. Any thoughts?
    Did you hit the mute button? Time to upgrade?

Got into my car after work today and guess what? Now the radio works. Hopefully it will limp along. I'd rather spend money on performance enhancing parts than sound enhancing parts.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Your car doesn't like The Doors.

J/K good luck with the fix.
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead350 View Post
    Your car doesn't like The Doors.

J/K good luck with the fix.
    It was Nirvana Unplugged

It was Nirvana Unplugged

ugh, no wonder it shut off....
    2010 fusion se

Got into my car after work today and guess what? Now the radio works. Hopefully it will limp along. I'd rather spend money on performance enhancing parts than sound enhancing parts.
    I'll trade you my intermittent headlights (LCM) for your intermittent radio
    03 300A Black 1719/7839
    Current mods: FRP 4.10s, DR 93 Octane & shift tune, 8-clutch stock diff rebuild, bald tires
    Wish list: Eaton M112 kit and/or get bored and stroke it to a 5.0L

Don't let friends drive stockers:

It was Nirvana Unplugged
    So who was The Man That Sold The World?
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead350 View Post
    So who was The Man That Sold The World?

this song is about bowie's brother who suffered from mental illness?

I know this is an old thread, but this just happened to me. The radio powers on fine and I can change the station, however there is no audio of any kind. All OEM radio components. Checked the fuses, the wiring and the connections in the back of the radio. Everything fine. But still no audio. Not even static.

Any one have idea of what would cause this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious1 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but this just happened to me. The radio powers on fine and I can change the station, however there is no audio of any kind. All OEM radio components. Checked the fuses, the wiring and the connections in the back of the radio. Everything fine. But still no audio. Not even static.

Any one have idea of what would cause this?

Maybe it’s on strike. Were you playing country music?

Is it on mute?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Maybe it’s on strike. Were you playing country music?

Is it on mute?

Lol, I wasn't playing country music when the audio stopped working. I also checked the mute button.

Any one else with any other ideas?

Could you have the same problem I had?

https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...=105256&page=2
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

Quote Originally Posted by 88LTDCV351 View Post
    Could you have the same problem I had?

https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...=105256&page=2
    I had a similar issue before, where the AM/FM didn't work but the CD player did. Here, nothing works at all. No AM/FM, no CD player, no audio of any kind. But the radio powers on, volume button works, changes stations, etc. I doubt that all of the speakers have gone bad at the same time.

I am going to start taking the dash and the doors apart and really dig deep this weekend. I'm hoping someone may give me a lead into what I should be looking for.

Turn the volume up? Getting the radio out the dash isn't bad. I would start there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information