Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 03 04 Cobra Crank

Sale pending...... Thank You
    SEMPER FI From York, Pa

SOLD..................
    SEMPER FI From York, Pa

MM.net Members:

I purchased the 03-04 Cobra crankshaft from Marty (SGT MERC) and I wish to assure anyone who may consider purchasing an item from him that they will not be disappointed.

The crank is exactly in the condition he stated and he took the initiative to have the crank packaged and insured so if damages were to occur, we would not lose our investment. UPS was selected to ship the unit, it was lubed with WD40 to prevent corrosion, wrapped in a black trash bag, bubble-wrapped completely with the nose and rear of the crank having additional bubble-wrap folded to protect the ends should the package be positioned vertically. This was placed in a box which was then placed in a larger box that had some packaging "peanuts" placed in the bottom first, then the box holding the crank inserted and "peanuts" poured as to surround the that box. Finally, "peanuts" were poured to fill the outer box with an additional piece of cardboard placed over the "peanuts" before the outer box was sealed.

I requested it be addressed at the UPS Customer Center and held until I could personally pick it up. When it was brought out for my acceptance, an end corner of the outer box had been damaged and torn, some of the "peanuts" were visible but not pouring out.
    This crankshaft weighs over 55 lbs, so the cardboard used was of a heavier stock to accommodate the heft of such a load. The package had certainly been roughly handled.
    Once I was able to open and inspect the crank, the interior box was also damaged, in that the nose of the crank had ruptured the end of box and torn one the flaps completed loose, allowing the crank to project from box a small amount. Fortunately, the "peanuts" and bubble-wrap folded to protect the nose of crank had done it's job and none of the bubble-wrap nor the trash bag were torn.

I thoroughly inspected the crank, obviously it was used but not abused, with minimal marks in the usual places but the areas where it counts most (main journals, rod journals, rear main seal surface, timing cover seal surface, flex place mounting surface and threaded holes, etc) were in exceptionally good condition.

I coated the crankshaft with wheel bearing grease for long term storage protection then repackaged it as previous but repairing the damage to the boxes in the process.

I had taken pictures as I went along to document the present damage and possibly more damages. I notified Marty and sent some pictures for his reference. Marty notified UPS of the damages, we hope steps will be taken to prevent such future instances.

I write this to show how upstanding Marty has been on his end of the transaction. He went beyond what I consider would be his responsibility to ensure my interests were protected. Without his efforts, I could have very well received a product that had deteriorated from what I was expecting.

I appreciate the care he took to ensure the crankshaft survived the trip to be delivered exactly in the condition as he presented when I made the purchase.

Again, should someone consider making a purchase from him yet wonder if they can be confident he will uphold his end of the deal, I assure you that he does.

Randall Thornton (PHHHHTT)

Thank you Randall. I appreciate your kindness compliment
    SEMPER FI From York, Pa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information