Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Marauderville 15!!!

Quote Originally Posted by L.Mark View Post
    What about making Marauderville into a Power Tour type event???
    With nobody stepping forward for even one city as of now, I find it unlikely that there would be enough cooperation/interest in planning multiple cities in succession.

There's actually still time to plan a decent meet for September.

Shame it was in Cleveland last year or I'd try and whip something up here.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Quote Originally Posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    With nobody stepping forward for even one city as of now, I find it unlikely that there would be enough cooperation/interest in planning multiple cities in succession.

Mr. Man and I would not have any objection to Cleveland a second time. Last years event was great! I could spend another day at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame for sure!

Also, I would love to be part of planning Marauderville again. I really enjoyed it! The year Eric and I were on the committee we had a very committed group and it was a pleasure to work with all of them. Unfortunately I cannot do it this year except to be supportive in a secondary role. Depending on when it may be I will be very willing, for example, to help out at the event.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

I really enjoyed Woodward Avenue.

On the 2014 Power Tour, one of the stops was in Charleston, WV. They had cars lined along the Kanawha River. It was an absolutely beautiful cruise-in and there were a ton of cars.

So, if someone is nearish Charleston, here's some legwork on doing a MV there.

This is either stuff I was either aware of from my 2014 visit, or found online by doing a quick Google search:

Rather large car show (October 4-8th): http://www.charlestonwvcarshow.com

Dragstrip:
    Although the Kanawha Valley Dragway is 40mi/minutes away, their website says "closed until further notice" so...the next closest is in Fort Gay, WV - Tri-River Dragway. That's 81mi/1h22min away. Per their Facebook, they were racing on May 13th.

Hatfield Family Cemetery: For the history buffs, the final resting place of 'Devil Anse' Hatfield (of Hatfields & McCoys fame) is 68mi/1h20min south in Sarah Ann, WV. There are some rather fun roads between Charleston and the cemetery. Note: the cemetery is up a rather steep hill and parking is street-side.

Distillery: the Appalachian Distillery is 33mi/minutes up I-77 in Ripley. Have not been here, but it could be neat.

Hotel: I personally stayed at the Holiday Inn Express - Charleston Civic Center during that night of Power Tour. It was rather nice, and would suit MV attendees just fine, but the bar within walking distance has since closed down. There are, however, several bars and hotels on the eastern side of the Kanawha River.
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Denmark View Post
    Mr. Man and I would not have any objection to Cleveland a second time. Last years event was great! I could spend another day at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame for sure!.
    The Embassy Suites called this week asking if we'd like to set something up again. There are plenty of wineries out east. It's not too late!
    MARAUDERS get me ****!

^^^DO IT!!!! Just not the weekend of Sept. 15! Seriously! I will help you.

Sorry! I keep posting under Mr. Man.....Ms. D

The Charleston idea didn't get anyone's attention? Or did you guys just like Cleveland that much?

Charleston would be a good choice but someone who lives there would need to put it together very quickly. Cleveland was a great time and I would really enjoy going back, especially since the MV team has already done the footwork and the hotel wants us back!
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Denmark View Post
    Charleston would be a good choice but someone who lives there would need to put it together very quickly. Cleveland was a great time and I would really enjoy going back, especially since the MV team has already done the footwork and the hotel wants us back!
    As I only attended parts of MV due to work (and was sick with some pretty gnarly tonsillitis & fever while I was in attendance - promise I'm a lot more animated and conversational normally!) I'll have to refresh myself on what people all did for MV. I know there wasn't a lot of similarity with a Cleveland CVN meet I'd hosted in 2013.

Dragway 42 just reopened this year and from what I've heard, literally everything is new there.

Ken, I'll drop you a PM here in a few.......................

If it's in Cleveland again I'll be going back to Mable's the beef ribs were crazy good

I'll have to refresh myself on what people all did for MV. I know there wasn't a lot of similarity with a Cleveland CVN meet I'd hosted in 2013......
    The Quick Summary -------- MV14 - Marauderville XIV -- 7-11 September 2016 in Cleveland, OH. "Cleveland Rocks". Host Hotel is the Embassy Suites Cleveland-Independence. Itinerary includes: Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railway (CVSR), Stainless Works (SW) tour, Hofbrauhaus, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, William G. Mather Steamship, Goodtimes III Happy Hour Cruise, Fathead's Brewery & Taphouse Tour, and Car Show. 39 screennames registered. 36 MMs (23 Black, 6 Silver, 4 DTR, 3 Blue). 60 attendees at the Saturday night raffle and awards meeting.

Here is a day by day recap of MV14 from my perspective >>>>> https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...d.php?t=102523
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

It was an EPIC MV. Would anyone object to a repeat this yr?

Pick a different hotel...it sucked. The A/C in my room did not work, had them come up to fix it and had an argument with maintenance man and lady at front desk was very rude.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Gordon, you are like the old cartoon character form Li'l Abner, Joe Btfsplk. Everywhere you go misfortune seems to follow you, no food, cold food, bad service etc. I have seen it happen to you on numerous occasions and at numerous venues. You are just blessed with bad luck(except for marrying Chris). I am not aware of anyone having problems at CLE, unlike the TERRIBLE hotel at the last Michigan meet. Sorry about your bad luck, but everyone really enjoyed all of the activities. With the number of visits you have made to CLE, perhaps you could offer some other hotel suggestions and activities. Since you are retired and are somewhat knowledgeable of the area, give ADAM a shout and get a proposal for MV!! Just sayin'

WOW no city picked yet! Hard to believe. I am only 1 would need help. but have ideas if its in Ohio. Time is short.
    # 2352 Lidio Built my Hot Rod... 2011 S55-001

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information