Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mm

I would pay 10k for it and sell your Vic privately. You are throwing away 2-3k by trading it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Themarauderguy View Post
    I think a stock mm is lame now days anyway. with these cars that are coming out not really competition not that it ever really was. Really an Eaton swap supercharged Marauder isn't that impressive compared to the cars out now.
    Comparing a 15 year old car that listed for 33k to a new Camaro, Challenger or Mustang that costs well upwards of 60k with a big horsepower motor that someone else built for you? Really?

I'll take my "lame" Eaton Marauder that I built myself any day.

I wouldn’t want anything to do with most anything previously modified and I’m willing to pay extra $ for a clean stocker..

I would have to personally know just who built and drove the car if modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    Comparing a 15 year old car that listed for 33k to a new Camaro, Challenger or Mustang that costs well upwards of 60k with a big horsepower motor that someone else built for you? Really?

I'll take my "lame" Eaton Marauder that I built myself any day.
    I never said that i compared it to a Mustang Camaro or a Challenger. For the record they've got EcoBoost F-150 that'll run with an Eaton swap Marauder pretty easily. I love the marauder ive had 8 of them! I never said I didn't like the car. I think it's cool fits my personality well. what I was referring to as the car is lame compared to what other people's of the car is and compared to the newer cars it is lame, but I still like it doesn't matter but I wouldn't pay people's ridiculous inflated prices they think they're still worth cuz in reality the car is cool but it isn't that cool. A stock Marauder can't even beat a soccer moms SUV nowadays, so yeah that's a little embarrassing to have a car that looks like a hot rod that says Marauder on the back bumper that a soccer mom can blow your doors off. Lol times have changed yes! For the record one last time I love the marauder and it's a very cool car to me, but that doesn't mean because I think it's cool. that I think a stock Marauders worth 15 or $20,000 I'd never pay that for one. A Marauder thats supercharged that only puts around 420 or 430 to the wheels if you're lucky is pretty late now days I know I talk to people all the time they say wow that's a cool car soon as I tell them the horsepower numbers for it being supercharged they laugh, and says that it wow. So where the Camaro and Mustang and Challenger or whatever the car you said came into play you guys must have made that up I never even mentioned those cars in my previous post. And comparing a supercharged Marauder to a GT500 is very laughable no wear near comparison they shouldn't even be compared!!!

And yes I love my eaton swap Marauder if I didn't I wouldn't own it. now yes one day I'm going to step it up to around 600 horsepower to the wheels because I don't like EcoBoost F-150s leaving me in their dust that's not very fun when they stay two car lengths ahead of you. My car is got a 2lb lower pulley ring tuned on 93 octane so I mean it should do more but hey it is what it is.

mm

Ecoboost f-150 and your 450rwhp MM still not worth comparing. Many people get the bug once they get the boost rush and need more, sounds familiar? In all reality 450 to the tires is really a good stopping point and your executive cruiser is just that. If you want to keep racing ecoboost equipment then you’ve got to keep spending or sell, these cars are far from lame. Just ask everyone on here especially those who have more than one and can have any other car in its place

Oh trust and believe I know the car isn't lame yes there's a lot of people who think they are I'm sure not on this form. I don't think it's lame probably could have worded that better in the first post I agree. And yes I know if I want to keep up with EcoBoost cars I need to step up to whip and a forage block. I don't think my car is 450 to the wheels though. It would be nice. I think I maybe at about 380 390 really. Ive had 8 Marauders and because of me in this part of Texas everybody else that has one in my city is because of the ones I had. and a lot of people say the same thing they feel the car's lame horsepower wise for the way they advertised it.

Price too high for mileage. For just $2,000 or so more (each) I've purchased two showroom condition, 15,000 and 26,000 miliage Marauders.

And yes, while I wouldn't want to buy a 12-15 year old car with less than 1,000miles per year... Buying one with 90,000 miles, or +70,000 miles more, doesn't make it a "better deal".

Keep looking!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

prices on these cars change yearly, what was cheap last year is high dollar today and vice versa. If one can wait, wait.,,but 9-10k which he talked them down to, for a clean one isn't far fetched today based on logistics too, some people can't go get one or transport it
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    prices on these cars change yearly, what was cheap last year is high dollar today and vice versa. If one can wait, wait.,,but 9-10k which he talked them down to, for a clean one isn't far fetched today based on logistics too, some people can't go get one or transport it

You still don’t understand that it has always been policy around here to downgrade the values? He could have said $6,000 and the nay sayers would still say too much..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Well this gone way off topic just wanted a little info I love the car and I'll probably buy it it's one of them things doesn't have to be fast just got to look cool and I love that body style

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by badass mm View Post
    Well this gone way off topic just wanted a little info I love the car and I'll probably buy it it's one of them things doesn't have to be fast just got to look cool and I love that body style

So end of topic

Quote Originally Posted by badass mm View Post

This has been, inadvertently, a great thread. It covers all the reasons we like and have our Marauders. The reality is that our reasons have been, and remain, at cross purposes. Today stock marauders are more attractive pricewise than modified marauders. Yet people still like the go-fast capabilities of the S/C cars. Our marauders are at least three engine generations behind. Do I like my 2010 MKS ecoboost? Yes, but it's a 13 second car and my marauder is an 11 second car. Truthfully, the Marauder seats are more comfortable than those in the MKS. My wife can still beat the Camaro and Mustang kids from the light, even if their cars should be faster. Money wise, nothing is cheap, except my son's P71 that he got for free, and fixed up well with no money. I paid sticker for my marauder in the summer of 2002. I am on my fourth engine, each a little stronger than the last. No rust and 87k on the clock. It would likely sell for the price of a new cheap econobox today and buyers would be afraid of it for all the mods. Yet,this site, and you members have well documented the good and bad things that can be fixed and improved. So really, nothing at this point is unknown about marauders. If you are buying one, just look for normal things, rust, damage, paint, etc. All else can be fixed and improved. If you want a warranty, buy a new car.
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

BUCKWHEAT......what have you done to be on your FORTH ENGINE??
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKWHEAT View Post
    This has been, inadvertently, a great thread. It covers all the reasons we like and have our Marauders. The reality is that our reasons have been, and remain, at cross purposes. Today stock marauders are more attractive pricewise than modified marauders. Yet people still like the go-fast capabilities of the S/C cars. Our marauders are at least three engine generations behind. Do I like my 2010 MKS ecoboost? Yes, but it's a 13 second car and my marauder is an 11 second car. Truthfully, the Marauder seats are more comfortable than those in the MKS. My wife can still beat the Camaro and Mustang kids from the light, even if their cars should be faster. Money wise, nothing is cheap, except my son's P71 that he got for free, and fixed up well with no money. I paid sticker for my marauder in the summer of 2002. I am on my fourth engine, each a little stronger than the last. No rust and 87k on the clock. It would likely sell for the price of a new cheap econobox today and buyers would be afraid of it for all the mods. Yet,this site, and you members have well documented the good and bad things that can be fixed and improved. So really, nothing at this point is unknown about marauders. If you are buying one, just look for normal things, rust, damage, paint, etc. All else can be fixed and improved. If you want a warranty, buy a new car.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information