Thread: SW1380

SW1380

Truly incredible. I doubt there are many who haven't heard about this. Uncontained engine explosion on a 737-700 in flight. One fatality. Plane landed safely otherwise at Philly.

Admiring the pilots for safely landing the plane and performing a bit of 'customer service' as passengers deplaned on the runway. Plane had just taken off from LaGuardia. I flew almost weekly for my previous employer before retiring last year.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

She flew Navy fighter jets before flying commercial. Badass!!

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

That's one of the reasons I won't fly. Don't wanna be in a tin can 20,000 feet up doing 500 mph. And on top of that ya gotta breathe the same air as all those other people..gross!

That lady pilot did a f'n fantastic job coordinating that landing. All souls on board owe their life to her. Did you hear how calm she was on the radio?
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

I failed to add this previously.

Tammie Jo Shults is married to a fellow SW pilot and they have two children together:

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/tammi...0-engine-hero/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Invective; 04-18-2018 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Insert Images
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Yes She is a Bad Ass pilot, and her calm voice was amazing.

Having logged a well over a million air miles... I never like to sit the three rows next to the engine and slightly behind.

I have been in two "runway incursion" experiences that I know of (many more "up and around," had to fly through an AZ wind/sand storm, had a DC 10 dump a solid gallon of moisture from inside the ceiling onto the big Danish lady sitting next to me, had smoke in the cabin, had a few people arrested from being drunk or stupid or both, helped restrain a person, flown with someone more than a few heart attack in flight folks, blown an ear drum in flight, fairly sure we had a passenger pass away in flight, and achived weightlessness three different times on three different planes... and flow on a maiden flight (brand new aircraft) on Alaska where the wing "transom" wobbled so much so that I notified the flight attendant, who asked me to up talk with pilot. After that flight the pilot asked me to stay a few minutes and walk both pilots, a tech, and the ground crew around and under the plane and explain exactly what I saw....

In all of these flights, and all of these miles, and all of these different situations, only three times have I witnessed a flight attendant behave completely incorrectly/wrong... and never once have I seen a pilot behave anything professionally.

I flew alone every year, even when I was a 7 year old kid... People used to dress up to fly, and everyone used to clap in appreciation after every landing.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post

Having logged a well over a million air miles... three times have I witnessed a flight attendant behave completely incorrectly/wrong..... and never once have I seen a pilot behave anything professionally.

That's not good!

She Flew for VAQ-34 Out of Point Mugu, CA. That's the Patch on her Flight suit anyway. VAQ Squadrons fly EA-18G Growlers. It's a Modified F/A-18 outfitted for electronic warfare.
    2003 Mercury Marauder- Stock with 223k miles.

2000 Crown Victoria P73. Deep Wedge Wood Blue.
    SW longtube headers and high flow cats, magnaflow mufflers, 3.55 gears w/track lock, 70mm Aviator TB, PnP factory plenum, ADTR intake tube, 87 octaine tune by MO. Bilstein HD shocks, Mecto Rear control arms w/ watts link, Addco custom order 1.5 inch front sway bar (38mm), 1.25 inch rear bar 31.75mm (only 11 made).

I was on a fully/heavily loaded plane and noticed the flaps weren't down on takeoff, which scared the crap out of me. About halfway down the runway the dimwits finally put the flaps down and we were off. Whew.....

Scary stuff for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    I was on a fully/heavily loaded plane and noticed the flaps weren't down on takeoff, which scared the crap out of me. About halfway down the runway the dimwits finally put the flaps down and we were off. Whew.....
    Recalling The Air Florida jet that crashed into the Potomac River during a winter storm in 1982....incredibly sad and pathetic.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

And the one in Detroit where they clipped a light pole and crashed into a street bridge. Flaps are overrated....

Flaps....

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    And the one in Detroit where they clipped a light pole and crashed into a street bridge. Flaps are overrated....
    "However, aviation sources indicated that a "no-flaps" takeoff would normally be attempted only on extremely long runways with a relatively light load."

From 31 years ago but instances since of 'no flaps' take offs with fatal consequences.

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-08-...reflight-check
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    and everyone used to clap in appreciation after every landing.
    I remember that...nowadays they're all on their cell phones the second the wheels touch the ground.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

About half clapped on our last trip to Orlando. Of course, the other half looked confused..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thread Information