Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Random Rants

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    My FORD RANT OF THE DAY!:

Can we simply ban the "Go Further" campaign?

Was this campaign designed by a Euro Peon? (this is a spell check issue)

No one can go "further" in a car; it is impossible. Furthermore the idea that the English language can be dumbed down to the point that the fake word "irregardless" that was originally penned as a JOKE in a play, makes it into the dictionary and people use it...was bad, but NOW A MAJOR CAR COMPANY is conflating two different words and meanings: FARTHER and FURTHER in an international auto ad?

YOU DRIVE FARTHER in a car-- a unit or measure of distance.

Go FARTHER--I.e. Go the Distance... Go for it..... I can run FARTHER than you!

Every single time I see the "Go Further" advertisement it pains me that we allow ourselves--and the companies we LIKE to propagate ignorance.

The unmitigated audacity of FORD to interchange these two (yes--just last year Webster started to allow these two to be interchanged as evidently knowing that these are two different words somehow endangered the illiterate) on purpose really makes me sick.

I grew up poor, and went to a low rate public school, and it took me years to learn (I still have trouble spelling) as I am partially dyslexic--but the meaning of the words--the most important part-- should not be fecklessly diminished.

Linguistic Relativity and the idea that the words we know (our language and vocabulary) actually SHAPE our ability to think, vs our ability to think shaping our language and vocabulary was first recognized with the HOPI Indians and the Whorf-Sapir Hypothesis.

We can all recall the highschool example that Eskimos have twenty+ words to discribe SNOW --thus thier understanding of snow is greatly enhanced--it can be argued that even stoner ski bums can better understand and relate different kinds of snow with thier Corn Snow, Righteous Freshies, pebbles, cat track, crusties, Califonia Corn, Large Flake... dude... etc... thus thier words expand thier thinking, and meaning.

But really... GO FURTHER?

What is next? I sea with my I's? Two many of they're words are too hard too understand?

No means NO. Farther is a measure of distance. You can NOT go FURTHER... it is impossible.

Can we simply just try to be more than ignorant? Can we agree to aim one notch higher than stupid?

Sorry- I just saw the advertisement three times in five minutes-- and some of the smartest stuff I've read in a while came from Lifespeed, and zack and Jerry and you guys takling about the heat buildup/dispersion in the sweep area of a brake pad... and heck--I dont know, I just thought I'd share!

NOW THAT IS A RANT!
    I noticed this too when I saw the commercial. You'd think someone in Ford's ad agency (presumably a college grad but what does that tell you?) would know the difference between further and farther.

My own grammar rant concerns me, myself and I:

How many times have you heard "my teammates and myself played hard today"? Would it be correct to say "myself played hard today"? No, it's "I played hard today." Therefore "my teammates and I played hard today".

A news anchor in my city said "Join Joe Blow and myself on our fantastic trip to Canada". Does it sound right to say "Join myself on our trip"?. No, it's "join me". Therefore "Join Joe Blow and me on our fantastic trip to Canada."

Last one: "If you have any questions ask Cindy or I." Doesn't sound right to say "If you have any questions ask I", does it? It's "ask me". Therefore "If you have any questions ask Cindy or me."

Done.

Medication...... 30 day supply..... 1pill per day..

Cost through insurance $300.00

After I found online coupon from manufacturer.... $5.00!

And alot of people say we don't need medical insurance reform....mmm
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I've found my prescription prices cheaper by using my Walgreens club card instead of the insurance. It's retarded.

03 Marauder 300a
    392 hp / 406 tq

OK... gotta update my rants!

Uncounted News reporters standing out in the snowstorm telling us how much snow is coming down......

NO $H*T SHERLOCK!!!!
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Got stuck on I-95 yesterday for HOURS!

Turns out that a school bus full of kids from Philly was on its' way south to DC when a certain type of vehicle lost control,
    clipped the school bus and caused the bus to go out of control and crash!
    Luckily no one died....but there were lots of injuries.

Oh!....and of course the idiot who caused it all walked away unharmed!

Excerpt from the Baltimore Sun newspaper:

Parker said the crash, near mile marker 88.9, remains under investigation but there is "no sign" the bus driver is at fault.

The driver of a blue, two-door Honda Civic had tried to pass the bus, which was in the middle lane, by moving into the fast lane,

There, he lost control of the vehicle, driving off to the left then returning onto the highway, crossing all three lanes of traffic and clipping the front of the bus.

The driver of the Honda, whose name was not released, refused medical treatment, police said.

Parker said after completing the investigation, crash investigators will present their findings to the Harford County state's attorney's office to determine whether charges will be filed.

I hope that every family who had a kid on that bus sues the moron for millions....and the State comes after him with lots of fines and citations.
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)

Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge

Saw that on yesterday's News. Bus ran off the right side of the road, climbed and embankment, hit a tree, and ended up laying on its side in the middle of the Highway. Looks like it was up in Charlie's area. Pretty sure that Honda offers a Stupid Driver Discount to lure a higher percentage of Idiots to their transportation appliances.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Castine, Maine & Brooklyn, NY & Walton, NY
    You gotta love this place!

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    I've found my prescription prices cheaper by using my Walgreens club card instead of the insurance. It's retarded.
    I get mine via mail order..... don't pay a dime and free shipping... the kicker... they are filled by the same company!
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Saw an idiot brushing his teeth while driving.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Imagine if the Honda had been an Elio...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    Imagine if the Honda had been an Elio...
    LOL.....Then the idiot would've been as flat as an Ellio's pizza!

Try doing business with some who can't answer the phone but can make Facebook post all day

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Quote Originally Posted by mm svt View Post
    Try doing business with some who can't answer the phone but can make Facebook post all day
    Ahhh the interweb! gotta love social media! (trash media)
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Quicksilver View Post
    I noticed this too when I saw the commercial. You'd think someone in Ford's ad agency (presumably a college grad but what does that tell you?) would know the difference between further and farther.

My own grammar rant concerns me, myself and I:

How many times have you heard "my teammates and myself played hard today"? Would it be correct to say "myself played hard today"? No, it's "I played hard today." Therefore "my teammates and I played hard today".

A news anchor in my city said "Join Joe Blow and myself on our fantastic trip to Canada". Does it sound right to say "Join myself on our trip"?. No, it's "join me". Therefore "Join Joe Blow and me on our fantastic trip to Canada."

Last one: "If you have any questions ask Cindy or I." Doesn't sound right to say "If you have any questions ask I", does it? It's "ask me". Therefore "If you have any questions ask Cindy or me."

Done.

Recieved a few PM's about this:

Due to the similarity of Further and Farther--Webster's-- and the English Language itself have decided these too words are interchangable.
    "Irrigardless" has also become a real word (BTW I think it started out as a playwrite's joke, written into in a play as mafiposa speak)

Yes. I did it on purpose. Next, due to ingnorance--It will decided that Two, Too, and To... are in fact two confusing and meld them all into one word.
    Last edited by 1Marauder; 05-22-2017 at 07:01 AM.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information